FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Toffees

Really, really unhappy with locks :-(

I've been a lock since TBC and apart from Cata, totally loved its game play.  I know we're only just into the pre-patch, but I am totally hating the lack of mobilty, AOE and burst.  Basically I feel as though I may as well just switch off when I see packs of mobs or mob mechanics on bosses.  Everything feels so slow and 'clunky' and just not fun any longer.  I've invested so much time in this char over the years and really want to continue, but I feel Blizz just have no love at all for locks and have now gimped us so bad I'm being forced to change char.  Its so strange to me when locks are so fundamental to much of the WoW lore that I feel we're being treated so bad. 

Anyway, rant over. Just needed to get it off my chest. 

• Like 2

Demo does feel clunky in that your abilities don't actually do damage, it's this weird ramp up until you're doing all this damage pretty passively.

Destro feels much more clunky to me than it did previously with Fire and Brimstone available, but I kind of feel like that's something I'll get used to with more playtime since it's generally the same. It does feel like we've lost the ability to "react" to a lot of situations when previously it was one of the best specs at doing it, but in two target cleave obviously Destro will be amazing still. I think that putting more damage onto Immolate feels worse than it used to because the spells lack the same punch, which was one of the appeals of the spec.

Also, losing out on movement by putting Dark Pact and Burning Rush on the same talent tier, for example, is very galling, especially when we lost out on our Demonic Circle.

Nothing was as fun as when KJC let us move when casting 100% of the time. Lived through them heavily nerfing movement options into WoD, but this time it really is making me consider changing classes.

• Like 1

Completely feel the same guys. Been playing Destro since Vanilla days... This change is making me park my warlock in the closet. It is unplayable... Clunky, lacks impact, mobility and the traditional "glass cannon" we were meant to be... I feel disrespected by Blizzard one time too many.

After 10+ years of investments, I am hanging my warlock gloves. Enough is enough ;/ For all I care at this point, they can make DKs so op that this is what the game requires ONLY. Dk tanks, DK Dps and DK Healers, problem solved!

Aurevoir!

Edited by n3m3zys
  • Like 2

I want to stay a warlock, as like others ive mained one since Vanilla. I do however hate...absolutely despise destro and i hate that once again were pigeon holed into the spec. Aff and Demo are the specs that have really defined us as a class while Destro is nothing more than a mage with green fire.

I have dealt with all the nerfs our class has received and how we are just getting lower and lower on the meters each expansion. This is the first time ive really been fighting myself on whether or not i want to remain a lock. Demon Hunters and Frost mages are looking really good right now and extremely fun to play. The mobility you get with both of these is far beyond what locks get anymore AND their DPS is higher. I barely even know how to play my mage and im killing shit faster with him than my lock with any of the 3 specs.

I still dont know if i want to switch, and i probably wont even by Aug 30...thats how tough of a decision it is for me. The only thing i do know is i do not want to waste all the time power leveling my main, gearing him out and force feeding my artifact only to get to the first raid with my guild and realize its shit and i should have picked something else and now im falling behind leveling a different toon while they are moving forward trying to carry me.

Only thing im hoping for is that once raiding starts and they see the awful spot locks are in they will fix it, but i really dont want to think of that as a guarantee. We had our heyday and i really dont think they care if were just scrubs now.

another thing i hate, and its not specific to locks as much as it is to DPS only classes. The artifact system inherently fucks over direct damage classes more than hybrids. Inevitably, all three of our specs will be strong on different fights, meaning to contribute 100% we have to fully level all 3 weapons. Where as say i play a pally tank...and all i plan to do is tank all xpac, all i need to worry about is 1 weapon and then im done in a 3rd of the time. 

So if i do end up rolling a DH, all i need is my Havoc weapons and im done.

Edited by vaeevictiss
  • Like 1

Too much a noob for my impressions being reference to someone, but all of a sudden my beloved Afflock@730ilvl (main and only) went on strike, refusing to do damage anymore until forther notice.

Considering the good job we did toghether in HFC (and before in BRF as Demo) i decided to move him to back office routine.

After a bit of research, i decided to start working with a younger RDPS so i tested him a bit and finally (yesterday) i decided to leave the "hard job" to him for the incoming Legion.

Just my two cents ;)

My Affliction DPs has dropped from high 30s - 40s to during a raid yesterday I was struggling to maintain 18k! Item level 716 at 18K!! (Then again, other than my Ret Paladin ALL my characters DPS totally blows.)   I play for fun -- tbh -- the game has been "NO" fun since the update.  After working so hard to get geared to now have it apparently pretty much useless.....that is not fun to me.   I know I will never be one of those that max out the DPS; to old & slow for that.  But do like to hold my own -- and get lucky in a run every now & then.   Not even trying raids/dungeons & timewalking is the worst (less than 2k DPS in those!)  And, with WoW players so very patient & understanding -- at least on the Horde side -- but that is a different topic.

Anyway, the only bright spot in the game since the update has been finding this post....  I thought it was just me & my crap playing....misery does indeed love company! 

I'm still liking affl warlock - dare say I almost prefer the changes. Once I got used to it (and setup macros/weak auras) I can pull 70-80k easy. 

Can't spike like I used to though.

If all specs Affliction, Demonology and Destruction stay as they are in Legion lauch, I will say goodbye to my Warlock and let him gather dust in Garrison. Maybe one day he will be fun again. Time to pick a new main. Shadow Priest looks like a winner and I can always go Holy if needed.

• Like 1

On August 5, 2016 at 11:55 PM, lordarcon said:

I'm still liking affl warlock - dare say I almost prefer the changes. Once I got used to it (and setup macros/weak auras) I can pull 70-80k easy. 

Can't spike like I used to though.

This is interesting. Is your spec and rotation similar to Furty's guide? Maybe I'll give aff a try :)

Pretty dead on - I've started using Absolute corruption over contagion lately for a 'steadier' dps. 

Theoretically, Contagion + Soul Harvest = best possible dps. Requires you to perfectly stagger your unstable and use soul harvest during proc/ring/class ability. But I find my DPS for a static boss like Fell Lord fluctuates a lot. Sometimes VERY high, sometimes lower then normal. Absolute/Siphon is a safe bet for a 'clean' dps range you'll always hit.

Shoot me a message I'll share my weakauras with you - just requires a '/focus target /targetlasttarget' macro to set soul eff to focus, then macros like '/cast [mod:shift,@focus] Agony; Agony' to dot main target and the soul effigy. 

It's pretty clean and since I won't be maining a warlock next expansion, clean is good enough for me right now.

On 29-7-2016 at 4:34 AM, oPlaid said:

Also, losing out on movement by putting Dark Pact and Burning Rush on the same talent tier, for example, is very galling, especially when we lost out on our Demonic Circle.

This right here pretty much sums it up for me. To make it clear, i have NOT played a single second of warlock since HFC because i've been busy IRL. But time will free up and i'm comming back in about a week. But it just looks lackluster to me. I could play destro for a bit, but since i've played it so long before I dont think I can put another entire expansion in it. And the new demo just doesn't seem my cup of tea. I don't think i'll ever get over how much i enjoyed the old one. The dark pact and burning rush; i can't imagine my digital warlock life without both. It sounds stupid and exagerated but to me, it really is the thing that pushes me over the edge.

So Shadow priest here I come. Since it seems the next best thing to me. 

I decided to level a Warlock after leveling a Death Knight to 100. I have actually really liked playing it. I have nothing to compare it to previously though, so im not sure how bad they are now compared to earlier iterations. Both Affliction and Destruction are fun. I'm not sure how much I like Demo though. I will have to keep messing with it.