FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
slap

Frost: Int vs Haste Gem's

Well, if you can afford it and you have enough gold for regemming, I'd say you should do it. But if you are using int gems that is fine as well. The difference is like 500-1000 DPS depending on your current gear which is really, minimal. Because of the nature of ToT with the many movement fights, I'd choose the haste gems, to get a few more extra Frostbolt casts on the heavy movement fights and faster Invocation. (1,2 seconds Invocation on Tortos with trinket and Meta gem proc? Awesomeee :D )

But again, the difference is minimal and you really should only do it if you want to "waste" gold on it. :)

• Like 1

Well, if you can afford it and you have enough gold for regemming, I'd say you should do it. But if you are using int gems that is fine as well. The difference is like 500-1000 DPS depending on your current gear which is really, minimal. Because of the nature of ToT with the many movement fights, I'd choose the haste gems, to get a few more extra Frostbolt casts on the heavy movement fights and faster Invocation. (1,2 seconds Invocation on Tortos with trinket and Meta gem proc? Awesomeee Posted Image )

But again, the difference is minimal and you really should only do it if you want to "waste" gold on it. Posted Image

Plenty of gold so I will give it a shot! Hopefully I will get enough secrets this week to get the meta! I am currently at 13 :)

Thanks for the info and advice!

I forgot to mention that, this minimal difference is for the Int gems.

My haste gemmed gear has 206009 points on AMR, the optimized (int gems) is 206669.

You are always welcome :)

I forgot to mention that, this minimal difference is for the Int gems.

My haste gemmed gear has 206009 points on AMR, the optimized (int gems) is 206669.

You are always welcome Posted Image

Hey man,

would you mind taking a look at my mage and seeing what you think of the gem changes? I have so much hit that I can't even reforge out of it all. In this case would it be better to go the int gem route? I am a little worried as my askmrrobot score dropped about 1000 points. Appreciate the help as always!

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/stormrage/Slapnticklee/advanced

Hoooly... How the hell do you have this much hit? oO :DDD

Anyways, I am actually in Simcraft so I will run some tests just to make you happy Posted Image

Well, the results are actually weird and are the opposite of my results a month ago or so.

Patchwerk fight:

• int: 176135
  • haste: 174734
Lightmovement:
  • int: 173066
  • haste: 171388
heavy movement
  • int: 147510
  • haste: 146035
I will do further researches how your gear affects the overall gemming, but this looks pretty weird to me ^^ but again, the difference is not worldbreaking, frankly.

On multi-dotting fights however, haste gems pull ahead by about 3k.

EDIT: Yeaa, as I suspected... For the T15normal gear that you and I have, the int gemming seems better. Even the Simcraft tool contains those settings. However, as we progress into HC gear, using haste gems becomes better. However, even on that gear level they are using 80int_160hit gems in blue sockets.

I honestly don't know how you can have that much hit.. Posted Image I think you should replace some of your items with haste_crit instead of hit and something Posted Image

Well, considering these new information I may as well go back to int gemming.

But again really, the difference is not high enough to be worth regemming etc etc.... ^^

Haha, I ran a few more (like 20 xD) Simcrafts with my character and I realized that the maximum performance on single target figths was, with Blue and red sockets: Int gems, yellow sockets: Pure haste gems.

On multidotting fight: Red and yellow sockets: haste gems, Blue sockets: int gems.

Posted Image

*heavy movement

So, on average I would say the Y,R sockets should be haste ones, and the blue sockets should be int ones for the remain of the tier. Posted Image We shall see about the next tier tho.

Hoooly... How the hell do you have this much hit? oO :DDD

Anyways, I am actually in Simcraft so I will run some tests just to make you happy Posted Image

Well, the results are actually weird and are the opposite of my results a month ago or so.

Patchwerk fight:

• int: 176135
  • haste: 174734
Lightmovement:
  • int: 173066
  • haste: 171388
heavy movement
  • int: 147510
  • haste: 146035
I will do further researches how your gear affects the overall gemming, but this looks pretty weird to me ^^ but again, the difference is not worldbreaking, frankly.

On multi-dotting fights however, haste gems pull ahead by about 3k.

EDIT: Yeaa, as I suspected... For the T15normal gear that you and I have, the int gemming seems better. Even the Simcraft tool contains those settings. However, as we progress into HC gear, using haste gems becomes better. However, even on that gear level they are using 80int_160hit gems in blue sockets.

I honestly don't know how you can have that much hit.. Posted Image I think you should replace some of your items with haste_crit instead of hit and something Posted Image

Well, considering these new information I may as well go back to int gemming.

But again really, the difference is not high enough to be worth regemming etc etc.... ^^

Haha, I ran a few more (like 20 xD) Simcrafts with my character and I realized that the maximum performance on single target figths was, with Blue and red sockets: Int gems, yellow sockets: Pure haste gems.

On multidotting fight: Red and yellow sockets: haste gems, Blue sockets: int gems.

Posted Image

*heavy movement

So, on average I would say the Y,R sockets should be haste ones, and the blue sockets should be int ones for the remain of the tier. Posted Image We shall see about the next tier tho.

Wow thanks for running all that! you really didn't have to go through all that trouble!

I have a couple different pieces I may be able to switch out to get less hit. The problem is that gear has mastery which as we know doesn't do much for us frost mages :P I will play around with some gear and probably stick with int gems. Is there a way to make AMR not tell me all my gems are wrong because I'm not stacking int atm? It's really annoying but not a huge deal as I will probably go back to int (love burning through gold! lol)

Is there a way to make AMR not tell me all my gems are wrong because I'm not stacking int atm? It's really annoying but not a huge deal as I will probably go back to int (love burning through gold! lol)

Next to where it says "Choose a gearing strategy..." (probably set to PvE: Default Build) click edit weights and make the value of haste higher than half of the value of int. This will cause AMR to recommend haste, haste/hit, and haste/int gems as ideal. I do not think there is a way to make it suggest the mix of gems Oltier mentioned.

Wow thanks for running all that! you really didn't have to go through all that trouble!

I have a couple different pieces I may be able to switch out to get less hit. The problem is that gear has mastery which as we know doesn't do much for us frost mages Posted Image I will play around with some gear and probably stick with int gems. Is there a way to make AMR not tell me all my gems are wrong because I'm not stacking int atm? It's really annoying but not a huge deal as I will probably go back to int (love burning through gold! lol)

You would surprised actually, that the difference between reforging to mastery or crit is actually not big at all. Like again 1,5k or something like that. I once did some simcrafts in connection with this. :) So, basically the biggest problem is not with your mastery... it's with HIT and mastery. if it was crit mastery or haste mastery there wouldn't be any problems.. :) So, try to focus on your cloack ie.

Next to where it says "Choose a gearing strategy..." (probably set to PvE: Default Build) click edit weights and make the value of haste higher than half of the value of int. This will cause AMR to recommend haste, haste/hit, and haste/int gems as ideal. I do not think there is a way to make it suggest the mix of gems Oltier mentioned.

Yea, I am also afraid that it is not possible.

But I can easily work in the place of AMR. :D

Red sockets: inv_misc_gem_x4_rare_cut_orange.jpgReckless Vermilion Onyx or inv_misc_gem_x4_uncommon_perfectcut_oranPerfect Reckless Tiger Opal

Blue sockets: inv_misc_gem_x4_rare_cut_purple.jpgVeiled Imperial Amethyst or inv_misc_gem_x4_uncommon_perfectcut_purpPerfect Veiled Roguestone

Yellow sockets: inv_misc_gem_x4_rare_cut_yellow.jpgQuick Sun's Radiance or inv_misc_gem_x4_uncommon_perfectcut_yellPerfect Quick Sunstone

Note that, these tests were run on my own character who is recently item level of 524, somewhere between HC and normal gear, so your gemming might differ. If you have lower gear level, int gems will definitely be better (This is what simcrafts use as well for normal samples), with HC items the gemming mentioned above will be the most ideal. (This is, what simcrafts use as well for HC samples.)

• Like 1

What about mastery, Slap?

I still have my pants with crit-to-mastery reforging. Posted Image

SimC tests show mastery almost at the value of crit for my toon as well. In reality, mastery is still worse, but only slightly.

Actually, i was playing around with my gear and forgot to reforge back, so i raided with mastery reforges last week. 248k on Jin-Rokh, nps :P

• Like 1