melonz

How can you have such an immature mod on your website?

6 posts in this topic

Aren't mods supposed to be more upstanding than the average user? Regardless of the users actions this mod replied as if he was a troll by telling me to go suck a lemon, and that I was a little man.

2016-07-31 (2).png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, melonz said:

Aren't mods supposed to be more upstanding than the average user? Regardless of the users actions this mod replied as if he was a troll by telling me to go suck a lemon, and that I was a little man.

2016-07-31 (2).png

Hello there!

In order to present a bit of context to those that are reading, these are the comments that came before the post from our mod:

Quote

Horrible experience with this deck, I played 7 matches with it and lost 6 of them, not good enough to hold its own during the current meta.

Quote

Good for sexcoach, I'm glad you like to use people who stream naked as an example for your case while at the same time being condescending to people online. Personally I'm very good at hearthstone despite its RNG factor (remember what they say when you assume? Makes an ass out of you), if you don't draw the perfect hand or you fail to mulligan the perfect hand then you'll automatically lose the match, I've played my other decks and have won at least 80% of my matches with ones that have proven to be superior to this one on the ladder.

Quote

Lol, so even you admitted that you can barely crack a 50% winrate with this deck. I've noticed how you have a history of blaming the player rather than blaming the deck itself, have you ever considered the possibility that the deck just doesn't hold up? Of course not, because you're obviously too smart for that. This is a mediocre deck that isn't strong enough to hold its own in the meta, I play the deck just fine but like I said before (really shouldn't have to repeat myself here), unless you draw the perfect hand you will lose the match, there is no reason to play a deck that is that risky when there are much better ones out there. I commented to warn people that this deck doesn't hold up on the ladder, it's a fact and people deserve to know rather than someone like you telling them that "no guys, this person just sucks with the deck," you have no right to try and cover up this decks mediocrity.

I'm just going to go through the comments here and put it a few notes.

Firstly, the deck is fine. C'thun Warrior is a very powerful deck and it absolutely destroys so many others. I personally play the deck and am currently sitting at rank 3. Could I have climbed higher with it? Most likely, I just don't have the time to play very much. I'm sorry that you had a poor experience with the deck, I would have suggested looking at VODs of pro players and maybe reading some more of the guide section. If you had also perhaps left a note saying what you were having trouble with, we could have helped you, such as what classes you lost to. 

The comment about Lifecoach is just pointless. As the user rightly says, Lifecoach plays the deck excellently. There is no reason to take away from the fact that he is an amazing player due to an accident on stream. The fact that you are discrediting his skills as a player because of that shows some... dislike? towards him that you evidently need to get over. 

You don't need the perfect hand with this deck. It has a huge amount of ways to solve many problems, you just have to know when to do so. Obviously RNG is a factor, but that is with every deck. I'm sorry to tell you this, but if you honestly believe that this deck is bad and you'd be able to "win 80% of matches with other decks", then we would welcome videos of you playing the deck, as @positiv2 said, since you're doing something wrong.

Once again, you're saying you play the deck fine without showing us anything. I don't understand why you seem to be playing a deck that can easily break legend "fine", but you're losing so much. That seems odd to me. This deck is by no means risky and, to be honest, that's one of the oddest comments I've seen about it. If it is that you're struggling to play the deck efficiently, then you could have swapped in a number of cards, such as the Shieldbearer, Crazed Worshipper, a Doomsayer even to simply tank the 7 damage. If we actually knew why you were losing, we could help you.

Instead, you've decided to provoke both our users and mods and then made a post to complain that you got a response that was, in honesty, warranted.

As I said before, we are always open to helping. We are here to help. We cannot help someone that simply tells us the deck is bad, won't tell us why, won't show us what's going wrong and refuses to look at what is being shown to them. Personally, I'm sorry, but I will not be punishing positiv in the slightest. 

I apologise that you probably didn't get the "we'll de-mod him" response that you were fishing for. Good day.

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think you got the right treatment. We've always avoided toxicity here and positiv2 was right to put you back in your place. You're obviously not a very good player and yet you come here bossing everyone around, telling us the deck is bad when it's not, and belittling one of the best players on the scene.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

5 hours ago, Damien said:

I think you got the right treatment. We've always avoided toxicity here and positiv2 was right to put you back in your place. You're obviously not a very good player and yet you come here bossing everyone around, telling us the deck is bad when it's not, and belittling one of the best players on the scene.

It's pretty sad that in over 2 and a half months nobody has started a post under hearthstone's general discussion here other than me and one other person (threads created by mods don't count and even if they did, that would make it three posts in over two and a half months, woohoo!), it's made worse that when I created a post it was made to complain about one of your mods acting like a 7th grader. I see now that your website has a biased mentality where even if your fellow mod does a horrendous job of handling a situation you still try to somehow justify it. It's no wonder that this forum is practically dead, nobody wants to deal with the overzealous bullshit that goes along with it. Don't believe me? Just look at my situation, I make one little comment that could have easily been ignored yet your members and mods blew it out of proportion, even once the conversation was over and done with positiv2 decided to step in for no reason 3 days after the conversation ended, why? I'm guessing he felt like it rather than realizing the conversation was done and there was zero reason for him to say anything because at that point it was just beating a dead horse. It isn't a mods job to instigate a situation that has passed.

Edited by melonz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you didn't want me to act like a kid, you shouldn't have acted like one yourself. 
Maybe you haven't noticed, but we have multiple HS subforums: General Discussion, Constructed, Arena and Guide Comments, each living their own life.One subforum being inactive doesn't mean the whole HS section is dead, let alone the whole forum.
If I was in the wrong, I would be told so, and I would have to delete the comment and apologize. However, when you call 2 pro players, Sottle and LifeCoach, noobs, say a deck is bad even though it was used to win a championship by Lifecoach and reach legend by many players, you were rude to CodeRazor, who is a cool fella, and then complain about me telling you that you are a bad player and that you should go suck a lemon, then you are the one that is in the wrong.
If you didn't act like you did and were more constructive, then it could have gone similarly to my argument with Paracel about how much tech is too tech, with neither side being rude and leading to a consensus.
So, you would be much happier if we let anyone say that our decks are trash without giving us proof or being constructive? Then, when you were rude and continued the conversation, CodeRazor should have let you have the last word, even though he disagreed with you and were constructive and kind the whole time? And finally, when I get to read it, I should leave it as it is, without pointing out the flaws in your logic and post (see points 1, 2 and 3)? That's not how it works.

So, please refrain from being rude to our beloved users and guide writers, and try to be at least a bit constructive, thank you.

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, melonz said:

It's pretty sad that in over 2 and a half months nobody has started a post under hearthstone's general discussion here other than me and one other person (threads created by mods don't count and even if they did, that would make it three posts in over two and a half months, woohoo!), it's made worse that when I created a post it was made to complain about one of your mods acting like a 7th grader. I see now that your website has a biased mentality where even if your fellow mod does a horrendous job of handling a situation you still try to somehow justify it. It's no wonder that this forum is practically dead, nobody wants to deal with the overzealous bullshit that goes along with it. Don't believe me? Just look at my situation, I make one little comment that could have easily been ignored yet your members and mods blew it out of proportion, even once the conversation was over and done with positiv2 decided to step in for no reason 3 days after the conversation ended, why? I'm guessing he felt like it rather than realizing the conversation was done and there was zero reason for him to say anything because at that point it was just beating a dead horse. It isn't a mods job to instigate a situation that has passed.

I was hoping you'd apologize for your attitude, but now it's clear you have nothing to do around here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.