Resto Druid Stat Priority

1 post in this topic

Posted (edited)

I have had some discussion with other druid friends of mine on this topic, of stat priority, and everyone seems to have a different opinion, most of this is due to the lack of an artifact weapon and balancing being around 110 and not being fine-tuned yet. This is for raiding and only raiding M+ dungeons and pvp are not a concern of mine, though I know at the current state in the beta M+ dungeons will be required for raiders trying to be competitive.

My thoughts are this: Intellect>Haste>Mastery>Critical Strike>Versatility

Intellect is every caster top stat.

Haste scales with almost every ability, and lowers GCD and cast times for that spam that is so important for druid.

Mastery and Critical Strike is where the talk begin. Many say crit is better including the guide on this site. But for me I find that to be untrue, though numbers can't be produced b/c of balancing not being done, mechanically I just feel like mastery will be better for most raid fights that aren't just constant raid damage over the entire fight. 

My thought process on this is with say 20-30% mastery for each HoT spell on the target increase it by that much. I believe mastery scales in 100%+20%(Mastery)*# of Hots, but I may be wrong please correct if so. So saying you need to keep 3-5 people alive with debuff you can keep up Wild Growth, Rejuvenation, Germination, and Regrowth up on those targets with maybe a little help from flourish to keep those rolling that mastery is going to be a bigger increase that critical strike. 

I do believe critical strike will over take mastery on fights where damage is constantly going out on the entire raid at all times just b/c you can't get enough hots on one target for mastery to be better than critical strike. Though on fights where the damage is very bursting the 3 min cds of all your healers will be in play and you aren't going to be doing that much with that extra critical strike.

Then Versatility b/c its not all that useful in small quantities until you have enough of the other stats.

Please correct any mistakes that I may have made, or any flawed logic. This may just be up to healing style and talents choices also but I just feel from a healing lead stand point mastery is more useful to me that critical strike.

Edit: Just as a note mastery also scales up tranquility when people have HoTs on them so using HoTs on targets like melee/ranged that you know will take more damage from certain mechanics you can pre-hot into flourish to get better tranqs off.

Edited by GreekGods
Added Info for tranquility

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now