FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Omaric

Possible Defensive Nerf

Warlocks do great damage in most situations, mitigate a lot of damage, and provide a lot of utility, making them almost too attractive in raids. Damage mitigation may be the thing to be nerfed, but we will know more when Patch 5.4 hits the PTR.

Might be seeing nerfs in general honestly. They say they want to target defensives, but as far as PvP is concerned, we're pretty squishy there if I recall. They'll have a lot to think about. I'm seeing Sac Pact eat the nerf though, we'll see.

It's well warranted. When I tell my healers they don't need to worry about healing me on Heroic fights, something is a little overpowered.

It's well warranted. When I tell my healers they don't need to worry about healing me on Heroic fights, something is a little overpowered.

Heroic Ji-Kun is my favorite. Soaking up green puddles like they're nothing is hilarious. It's really fun to be so tough in PvE as a caster. Makes me sad if they destroy it.

We have an enormous health pool, higher than anyone else who is not a tank, thanks to Fel Armor. It gives us 10% more Stamina, 10% less damage taken overall, and generates 10% additional health through effects. Add a constant buff such as Dark Intent with 10% additional Stamina and then throw in this plethora of defensive CDs: Dark Bargain, Sacrificial Pact, Healthstones (Fel Armor buff makes it better for you than others), Unending Resolve, and Shadow Bulwark.

Jin'rokh: For each Ionization, po Sac Pact, use Unbound Will, then a Healthstone to remove Ioniziation and end up at 100% HP (others take 450k damage mitigated through some CD)

Council: Empowered Frostbite? Sac Pact -> Shadow Bulwark + Healthstone -> Unending Resolve not to mention the 550k+ Soul Leech absorption you had on yourself.

Tortos: Sac Pact + Soul Leech = never take damage

Ji'kun: Quills? Psh, whatev...meet Sacrificial Pact. Oh, you have a 60 second cooldown? How convenient...

Iron Qon stacks? Heal the other two lackeys, I got this.

Lei Shen Static Shock? Get away from me, I got this.

So overpowered in PvE. It feels nice because of what we had to do in Cata.

My guild finally killed Ji-Kun last night (2-shot, who knew?) and when it came down to the burn phase, the only dps left standing were myself and the other lock at full health, just kinda farting around. Her spamming shadowburn and me semi-afk with full-powered dots rolling (I love you, Unerring) and drain soul. I expect a defensive nerf, for sure.

Forget? To nerf Warlocks? LOL, you ain't from around here, are you sonny boy?

If an arms warrior was in here we'd be slapped in the mouth. Not softly neitha!

If an arms warrior was in here we'd be slapped in the mouth. Not softly neitha!

or a Retribution Paladin lol

• Like 1

yeah this last patch seemed to help them, simulcraft anyways, haven't raided with a ret paladin in quite a while. This is the first time in 2-3 patches that they've moved away from the bottom of the pack.

Overpowered in pve, I'll give you that for destruction. Possibly demo..But affliction gets nothing from soul leech compared to destruction, and soul leech is most of the reason the survivability is so high.

Pvp...no. Just..no. Ever heard the phrase "train the warlock?" Probably have. Its because outside of CDs warlocks squish in half a second. Hell, even with sacrificial pact, they still squish.

Everyone squishes in PvP now, though. Warlocks, across all specs, had all kinds of survival CDs. Now the key to winning PvP fights is to have a stun that DOESN'T break on damage such as Fist of Justice or Kidney Shot. Fear breaks because of damage, so Warlock's CC goes down in efficiency pretty quickly in this new design.