Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Vlad

Magic Mirror

6 posts in this topic

Tried the mill druid and Mill rogue versions, this worked for me! was able to drop Majordomo and he couldn't kill it, pinged and jammed face for the win! nice. 

I used a Mill Brann-Reno rogue deck to beat Heroic Magic Mirror. It took only one attempt, however, I had attempted it several times previously with other classes. (Out of the others, only came close with mage)

QZcbCGF.png

Reno did not play his traditional role. I played Deathlord on Turn 3, then attacked the 1/1 copy with my hero. It brought Reno into play. Would have come in handy as a heal later, but having the 4/6 body on the board by Turn 3 wasn't bad.

Brann played his part well. On Turn 9, I played him along with Coldlight Oracle, which drew me Edwin VanCleef and Fan of Knives. I played Preparation for a free Fan of Knives to clear the board of 1/1s. Then, I used Shadowstep on Coldlight Oracle. This resulted in a 12/12 Edwin VanCleef, which proved to be my lethal weapon, as shown in the screenshot above. On Turn 10, a doubled battlecry from Antique Healbot saved my butt!

I played Gang Up on Archmage Antonidas on Turn 8, but that was pointless. As you can see, I drew a couple of them, but got no use out of him before the end of the match.

As for the enemy Antonidas, I took him out with Sabotage. I just had to get rid of a couple 1/1s first so that the "random enemy minion" would not be so random... ;) An Assassinate would have worked better, but I did not bother swapping out any cards for this boss fight. I just used the deck the way I already had it.

So yeah, mill worked pretty well. It's so satisfying to see a Swipe go up in smoke when the opponent's hand is too full!

Here's the Mage decklist I threw together, only took 1 attempt:

Made a strange C'thun Mage deck, although C'thun is not at all the win condition (game took ~5-7 turns so C'thun was more like a backup, as it turns out.)

Cards highlighted in cyan represent the cards I actually played, without regard to whether I played 1 or both copies (I played less than 1/3 of the deck.) That being said, the remainder of the deck is mostly filler with mediocre synergy and very little thought put into it.

Strategy:

Go straight to Face unless it's VERY advantageous to clear a certain minion (majority of the computer's cards are +x Spell Damage, just ignore them tbh)

Utilize synergy between:  Sorcerer's Apprentice + [Dmg spells] + Mana Wyrm + Ogre Magi/Azure Drake

^The minions alone will chunk their 30 hp to 0 in 5-7 turns if your rng(draw) is decent, esp. since the passive enemy hero power gives you an extra of everything you summon.

• Use Twilight Flamecaller/Blizzard to clear board if you deem it necessary or have no other good option.
  • Animated Armor will pretty much keep you from dying until they clear it, but don't prioritize this, you really shouldn't need to take the defensive; aggro/SMorc mode all day is the key!
  • The only cards that are really essential here are the ones in red, above. Any other card can be replaced with little consequence. Mage/Drake can be replaced with any +Spell Damage cards.

2x Mana Wyrm

2x Mirror Image

2x Arcane Explosion

2x Cult Sorcerer

2x Knife Juggler

2x Sorcerer's Apprentice

1x Twilight Geomancer

2x Forgotten Torch

2x Frost Nova (probably replacing this w/ anything would be an improvement...didn't even draw one anyway, though.)

2x Twilight Elder

2x Twilight Flamecaller

2x Animated Armor

1x Demented Frostcaller

2x Fireball

1x Ogre Magi

1x Azure Drake

1x Blizzard

1x C'thun

19 hours ago, Guest ZooMain said:

Here's the Mage decklist I threw together, only took 1 attempt:

Thanks for sharing that! Hopefully it can help someone if they are struggling with our deck.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0