FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Eibhlin

Resto Druid Shapeshift & Mounting Macro Help

Hopefully someone can help with this. I'm currently using a macro for Balance that I really like, however, it doesn't work to just change Moonkin Form to Treant Form, as I can't mount in Treant Form. Here is the Macro:

/cancelform [nostance:0,mod:ctrl]

/stopmacro [mod:ctrl]

/cast [nomod:shift][indoors, combat, noswimming] !Moonkin Form; [swimming] Aquatic Form; [outdoors, combat] Travel Form; [indoors, combat] Cat Form [flyable] Onyxian Drake; Azure Water Strider

I mainly want the resto macro so that I can shift into cat form in instances when running back in, during Quills on Ji-kun, etc and then shift back out of cat form into my caster form or into Treant Form to start healing. However, it would be awesome to be able to use it to mount just the same as the Moonkin version of the macro.

I've tested, edited, and re-tested the Resto version, and all it does is Treant form, even in combat in instances where it's supposed to shift me into cat form. It does try to mount outside but of course I can't use mounts in Treant form. The Moonkin version works for mounting of course, but doesn't shift me into cat form in combat either. It does cancel my Moonkin form when I hold ctrl and use the macro again. Does anyone know how to fix this? More specifically, does anyone know how to fix it so I shapeshift out of treant form and into caster form so I can mount? It does work to just use Swift Flight Form, but I really like my mounts.

Resto Version:

/cancelform [nostance:0,mod:ctrl]

/stopmacro [mod:ctrl]

/cast [nomod:shift][indoors, combat, noswimming] !Treant Form; [swimming] Aquatic Form; [outdoors, combat] Travel Form; [indoors, combat] !Cat Form [flyable] Swift Flight Form; Azure Water Strider

Does anyone know how to simplify it a bit so I can fit everything into the macro? As it stands now, the resto one is 252 of the 255 character limit. I'm a bit clueless when it comes to making a macro as I have no idea what I'm doing >_<

I'm still open to a fix for this even if it means I don't use treant form in the macro and just use normal caster form instead. I just don't know how to make it put me back into caster form so I can't edit the macro to do that myself. Any help is appreciated.

Hi

Not an expert on macros but you have an ! before catform in teh second macro not the first so that may be th issue with that - am at work and so can't test but will have a go on my druid when I egt back home - have similar macros so will need to check them out first.

Think one issue may be having 2 commands when in combat so basically the macro is trying to do two things at the same event.

I'll be back!

Ed

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By darkganj
      Hello everyone! When i downloaded the recent shadowlands expansion, i noticed that my macros no longer worked =0. This is not a single target DPS  macro, this is a Help / Harm selective macro So i did some digging to find out what was goin on, An example of this would be : /cast [help] Innervate ; [harm] Entangling Roots ; Innervate.  This macro utilizes one button for a dual purpose. if i am targeted on friend i innervate them while if i and targeting a opponent it would root them in place. This structure is now broken but has also made things easier in most cases, After doing some digging i discovered some new macros and the new format. Some examples of the new way to write this would be :
       #showtooltip
      /cast [help,nodead][help,nodead]innervate
      /cast [harm,nodead][harm,nodead]Entangling Roots
      #showtooltip
      /cast [help,nodead][help,nodead]Regrowth
      /cast [harm,nodead][harm,nodead]Wrath
      #showtooltip
      /cast [harm,nodead][@target,harm,nodead]Moonfire
      /cast [help,nodead][@target,help,nodead]Rejuvenation
      #showtooltip
      /cast [help,nodead][help,nodead]Wild Growth
      /cast [harm,nodead][harm,nodead]Entangling Roots
      This is what they call a fall through macro, If the first line of code is not available because of a cooldown or if the Help or Harm selection, it will fall through to the next line of code. This works especially well for balance druids, shaman, and hybrid healing classes that use a ton of buttons. You can cut the amount of keys you need press in half which saves space and prevents accidentally pressings the wrong button. I like to pair my spells by the time it takes to cast, Instant casts with instant casts. They also introduces a mouse over macro for heals and rebuffs which is really good for world PVP. One of the better macros iv'e seen is a mouse over Rebirth : 
       #showtooltip Rebirth
      /cast [@mouseover,help]Rebirth;Rebirth
      #showtooltip Remove Corruption
      /cast [target=mouseover,help,nodead][target=target] Remove Corruption

If you are going to try and make your own macro, you should keep in mind
      1: The Global Cool Down or GCD which is the time it takes between 2 casts and
      2: Not all of your spells and trinkets share a GCD, so you are able to cast 2 or 3 spells at the exact same time as long as it doesn't share a GCD.
      I hope this helps! 

• By WatcherDK
      I'm trying to create a macro that will allow me to use Spirit Mend with the typical focus/mouseover modifiers but also allow me to use Exhilaration with a key modifier and can't seem to make all of this work together. Here's what I have but it's acting like the ALT modifier isn't even there.
      #showtooltip /cast [mod:alt][@mouseover,help,nodead][@focus,help,nodead][@player]Spirit Mend; Exhilaration Thank you in advance for any help!
    • By pyroman9111
      Hey all you monks, im currently playing a WW monk. I am trying to get my class mount, but im not getting the quest. i have completed all the achievements needed. not sure what to do any thoughts.
    • By Liseth
      So I know there is a feature by Blizzard to use random mount fitting to the area you're in but I wanted to make myself a macro for using this feature this way.
      /cast [nomod] <random mount>
      /cast [mod:alt] Sky Golem
      So is there a line usable in macro for random mount feature? Pressing shift and clicking on the icon does not output any line, just casts a mount summon.
    • By Vylon
      Are you tired of not getting three Blizzards off during Frozen Orb? Waste too much time having to place blizzard after you activate it? Look no further! The following Macro will cast Blizzard at your cursor (Like quick cast). No targeting reticle. No worries. Enjoy.

#showtooltip
      /cast [@cursor] Blizzard