FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Eyeroll

Feast food buff and opener pot, post pre-patch

Is it me, but if Bliz changed the stat priorities for hunter classes (as well as other classes), shouldn't I be getting Mastery as a buff from a Savage feast, instead of still getting Crit?    Is this something that may be changed closer to legion?

And I completely glossed over using a versatility pot on opener.  TBQH, after a year of a couple of guildies constantly abusing how worthless they thought versatility was,  that was the last thing I expected to see on the priority list for MM.

I guess I should keep some Sleeper Sushi and versatility food in my bags?

You want to have the Mastery food (Sleeper Sushi) and Versatility Potions.  The "potency" of versatility comes from having a lack of it compared to the abundance of other stats, making them worth relatively less and versatility worth more (if you have X of stat A, Y of stat B, and X>Y, getting more of stat A is worth less than getting more of stat B).

Ok.  So my MM main has a versatility of 901 which means I get 6.93% more damage.  Assuming that scales, ((2401/901)*6.93), I should get about 18% more damage for the duration of the potion.  Whereas adding 1500 to my buffed agility of 6847 (8347), which maps directly to attack power.  Not familiar, especially pre-patch, if there were changes to how AP changes damage.

Regarding feasts?  The stats provided per class are inconsistent with the characters' priority.  Do you think Bliz is going to fix that?

Edited by Eyeroll

I'm not sure what you're trying to do with your math there, but I will say that it's wrong.  The 1500 Versatility from the potion gives ~11.54% Versatility (130 rating per 1%).  Versatility is an outside damage modifier, or, it's its own separate damage modifier outside of the damage formula for abilities.  In your case with 6.93% vers, the 1500 Versatility from the potion is a ~10.79% damage increase for it's duration (Buffed versatility damage modifier / base versatility damage modifier).  Also, the Agility potion is 1000 Agi, not 1500.  

Regarding feasts, not every class/spec prioritized it's "attuned" stat.  In Legion, the attunements are gone, and we won't have to worry about them, so for now it's just a minor inconvenience in the pre-patch.  

On 8/12/2016 at 6:45 PM, Orthios said:

I'm not sure what you're trying to do with your math there, but I will say that it's wrong.  The 1500 Versatility from the potion gives ~11.54% Versatility (130 rating per 1%).  Versatility is an outside damage modifier, or, it's its own separate damage modifier outside of the damage formula for abilities.  In your case with 6.93% vers, the 1500 Versatility from the potion is a ~10.79% damage increase for it's duration (Buffed versatility damage modifier / base versatility damage modifier).

I didn't blow the math.  It's proportional (as I didn't know the formula for versatility ).  What I did was forgot to subtract the original 6.93% in my calculation, which erroneously increased what the damage modifier should have been, or said that my damage modifier would be 18% for the duration of the buff.  (11.54% + 6.93% ~= 18%, i was rounding..)

Thanks for the clear explanation.