Vlad

Legendary N'Zoth Control Paladin Standard

22 posts in this topic

importing to Hearthstone Deck Tracker shows only 28 cards. missing two.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Guest Savathar said:

importing to Hearthstone Deck Tracker shows only 28 cards. missing two.

Counted all cards and the amount of cards is 30. You probably forgot to add a card that has two copies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sometimes the automatic import just messes up as well, HDT is not an exact science, make sure you have it updated to the latest version for a start.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Due to the majority of the decks being aggro on ladder, and control/C'thun warriors/priests are very rare matchups, i decided to cut Cairne Bloodhoof for a second Forbidden Healing.

Has been working well so far, still struggling against hunters tho, which i think generally is a bad matchup for this deck, so not much to do here :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Found an interesting synergy...

I've been messing around with a variation of this deck using Moat Lurkers.  If use the Moat Lurker's battlecry on a 1/1 minion summoned by Barnes, it returns at full strength when the Moat Lurker is destroyed.  I had Barnes call up a 1/1 Sylvanus, used the Moat Lurker on it to steal a minion, and when the Moat Lurker died a few rounds later a 5/5 Sylvanus popped up.  

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The same thing happens with Nzoth. Any 1/1 minion called up by Barnes returns as a full power minion when resummoned by Nzoth. Is this intentional, or a bug?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Allegro said:

The same thing happens with Nzoth. Any 1/1 minion called up by Barnes returns as a full power minion when resummoned by Nzoth. Is this intentional, or a bug?

It is intentional. When a minions dies, it loses all its buff and debuffs, such as Blessing of Kings or Humility, and gains its default stats when resummoned. For the same reason when you resummon Moat Lurker, its deathrattle will not drop a minion it previously destroyed (with its battlecry when you originally played it).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Moat Lurker makes a neat trick around, too expensive for my taste, but I've been on the receiving end (ouch!)

FYI: Barnes' summoned copy is under an effect that makes it a 1/1. That's why it Nzoths and Ressurects for max value. 

Probably its intended to make Purify + Icehowl the #1 combo, but I guess Priest memes should be in Priest memes threads.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What would be a good replacement for Solem Vigil? I've played this deck enough that card draw isn't super important and I've more than managed without it with my own tweaks, but I'm curious what others would suggest. I'm currently testing lay on hands because it's more healing and good card draw, and also this deck plays from behind most of the time anyways so it sounds good, but most of the time I feel like playing other cards is much more impactful and then I cry and wish I had solem vigil to draw cards for 0 mana.... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lay of Hands doesn't move your deck in the angle the way it does for Murloc Paladin - drawing is much more important for the latter. But I'd say the biggest factor here is mana cost - Nzoth Paladin curve is already huge, and you'd rather spend mana on deploying sweepers and threats rather than card drawing at turn 8. Solemn Vigil is really cheap or free(=busted) and what's most important, fills those early to mid turns where you don't have much action anyways or your action is sweeping.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you don't have Solemn Vigil, you could try Loot Hoarders / Twilight Summoners for card draw / additional N'Zoth minions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hi! what about an nzoth hybrid pala deck? Would that work? 

Aggro plus nzoth..... 

Maybe divine shield synergy and nzoth....

Ty!!!!!!!

U are great as always.   

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Guest redmeatkills said:

hi! what about an nzoth hybrid pala deck? Would that work? 

Aggro plus nzoth..... 

Maybe divine shield synergy and nzoth....

Ty!!!!!!!

U are great as always.   

 

You can try Kolento's list. The late-game cards might clog up your hand, which means your early game won't be as consistent as with regular divine shield aggro pally, and your late-game phase won't be strong either since you will often topdeck small cards and your hand will be small because you will play most of your cards in the early game. The deck could be fun though and N'Zoth, the Corruptor can give the aggro deck a few more turns, but that depends on your draws.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, positiv2 said:

You can try Kolento's list. The late-game cards might clog up your hand, which means your early game won't be as consistent as with regular divine shield aggro pally, and your late-game phase won't be strong either since you will often topdeck small cards and your hand will be small because you will play most of your cards in the early game. The deck could be fun though and N'Zoth, the Corruptor can give the aggro deck a few more turns, but that depends on your draws.

I do wonder if the list hits a point where it fits that "master of none" type - loses early game to aggro, loses late game to control.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any replacement for Barnes and Ivory Knight? I am planning to get both in the future but I just don't have enough gold for the adventures yet. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

Any replacement for Barnes and Ivory Knight? I am planning to get both in the future but I just don't have enough gold for the adventures yet. 

You might want to check out our N'zoth paladin without karazhan cards.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry, but 2 x Doomsayer & Barnes in one Deck makes no sense. I tried this deck now several times - in my opinion, <censored>. Not enough deathrattle for Nzoth, not enough control for early game.

Edited by positiv2
Please, refrain from using vulgar language

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Guest Doomdevil said:

Sorry, but 2 x Doomsayer & Barnes in one Deck makes no sense. I tried this deck now several times - in my opinion, <censored>. Not enough deathrattle for Nzoth, not enough control for early game.

Actually, it does. When you are behind and get a Doomsayer, the opponent has to spend damage to kill it, while he would have otherwise gone face. 
By several times I hope you mean 30+ games. 

Deathrattle minions: Sylvanas WindrunnerCairne Bloodhoof and Tirion Fordring + possibly one more from Barnes. The quantity is low, but the quality is simply amazing. Tirion Fordring is a huge taunt (and gives you 15 damage over 3 turns), Sylvanas Windrunner is a board clearing tool (sort of), and Cairne Bloodhoof means 2 Chillwind Yetis, and that's a good deal. You don't necessarily need to flood the board with deathrattle minions to win - 3 great minions are enough.

Stabilisation tools: Wild PyromancerConsecration (these 2 are especially good when combined with Equality), Equality itself, Ragnaros, LightlordIvory Knight (and possibly spell from it), Stampeding KodoTruesilver ChampionForbidden Healing and Humility effects. Seems enough for me, and my experience confirms.

Could you please provide us with a replay of your game? This way we could see where you're making misplays. The most common misplay is rushing N'Zoth, the Corruptor and playing him on turn 10.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been thinking that this deck could use an additional Forbidden Healing. That spell is so valuable in long matches. Considering dropping one Ivory Knight for the Forbidden Healing. Ivory Knight is a nice body but I have found the healing to be really inconsistent. Although, getting a clutch Equality has saved me a few times.

I did drop the Acidic Swamp Ooze for Harrison Jones. As this deck is just trying to get by in the early game and board clearing, the Ooze didn't do much for me. Jones has a decent body and is handy for the mid game. What do you think?

I am experimenting with Enter The Coliseum. Since most of this deck's minions are really powerful (Ragnaros, Sylvanas, Cairne), I end up keeping some really good cards when I drop it. It works wonders against Zoo decks. I'm sure it's not in "meta" because I don't see it often, but it's pretty handy and always surprises opponents. I dropped the Kodo for it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/28/2016 at 7:08 PM, Direwolf said:

I've been thinking that this deck could use an additional Forbidden Healing. That spell is so valuable in long matches. Considering dropping one Ivory Knight for the Forbidden Healing. Ivory Knight is a nice body but I have found the healing to be really inconsistent. Although, getting a clutch Equality has saved me a few times.

I think this will depend on what you are facing basically, since Ivory can be a game changer vs. those aggro/midrange decks if it gives you another board clear. Basically, choose depending on the meta of your current rank.

On 10/28/2016 at 7:08 PM, Direwolf said:

I did drop the Acidic Swamp Ooze for Harrison Jones. As this deck is just trying to get by in the early game and board clearing, the Ooze didn't do much for me. Jones has a decent body and is handy for the mid game. What do you think?

Similar point to above. Harrison can be incredibly useful, but also overdraw you in those super slow games, or add to fatigue issues.

On 10/28/2016 at 7:08 PM, Direwolf said:

I am experimenting with Enter The Coliseum. Since most of this deck's minions are really powerful (Ragnaros, Sylvanas, Cairne), I end up keeping some really good cards when I drop it. It works wonders against Zoo decks. I'm sure it's not in "meta" because I don't see it often, but it's pretty handy and always surprises opponents. I dropped the Kodo for it.

I think that's a fair solution, it is often less useful vs. slow decks though. A time where the Kodo could wipe an Acolyte off the board is where EtC does nothing. If it works, keep it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

Guest
You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Loading...