FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Kurtlol

Balance : When should I cast Starsurge

Hello, I I read the guide here. And nowhere I could find when exactly to cast starsurge, is it as soon as I can, or should I stack my astral power to cast 2-3 in a row ? And then, when to use the procs ? In a row as well ? or in between wraths ?

Starsurge is going to account for a lot of your damage. You basically want to hover around 80~ Astral Power until you get a trinket proc. Once you get the extra intellect(best) or mastery(second best) you want to spam out 2 starsurges, 2 lunar strikes, and then a 3rd one of each.  You can cast 1 or 2 wraths in between to try to get a 4th, but sometimes time won't allow.

The biggest separator between top boomkins and mediocre boomkins is dumping as much astral power during trinket procs and/or damage buffs.

Save your Lunar strike empowerments for trinkets as well, only keep 1 or 2 ready, never cast starsurge when you're capped, but try to manage to get as many starsurges as you can during your trinkets.

Super Side Note:  This is a LITTLE different with the class trinket, but it doesn't matter since the content is not relevant now.  But if you have a mythic or higher class trinket, you kinda want to spread them out as much as possible WHEN STARFALL PROCS.  Basically, get 80, then pop starsurge, if no starfall, starsurge again.  The Idea is you want to starfall uptime to be higher.  But again, this is only for pre-patch and not after leveling.

Thank you so much for the reply

Edit : You say " never cast starsurge when you're capped " I don't understand, the guide says to avoid cap at all cost, so I should close my eyes on power cap for a trinket proc ? 

Again, thank you very much 

Edited by Kurtlol

When I said 'capped' I meant capped on empowerment buffs. You need to make sure you work on not letting yourself cap on power as well as empowerment buffs.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Krazyito said:

When I said 'capped' I meant capped on empowerment buffs. You need to make sure you work on not letting yourself cap on power as well as empowerment buffs.

Thank you good sir.