Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Vlad

Evolve Token Shaman Standard

18 posts in this topic

Just now, Mooss said:

This deck is total useless, 10match 9 loose

I started playing this deck for fun and must say that it is rather powerful with 12W-7L so far, so the reason of your losses is in your playstyle and misplays. Could you please provide a few replays?

Can you substitute Ancestral Knowledge with Mana Tide Totem?

2 hours ago, Guest Anoneemus said:

Can you substitute Ancestral Knowledge with Mana Tide Totem?

Yes, Mana Tide Totem has a great synergy with Evolve. The main problem is that you won't be able to dig for Evolve in the turn you need  it, and you have to hope that your board survives for more turns than with Ancestral Knowledge. I recommend you to craft it when you have the dust.

8 hours ago, Guest TomCat said:

How about including Barnes in this one? The cost of the 1/1 he summons can be of great value for an evolve, i'm just not sure what to swap. I already swapped Loot Hoarder for Thalnos and 1 Arcanosmith for a Maelstrom Portal...

If you were forced to include Maelstrom Portal, you should swap out a card that is not that good against aggro, such as Ancestral Knowledge or Loot Hoarder.

Wouldn't Novice Engineer be better than Loot Hoarder? You get instant value from her and then can use evolve immediately without losing card draw.

5 hours ago, Guest Azeotype said:

Wouldn't Novice Engineer be better than Loot Hoarder? You get instant value from her and then can use evolve immediately without losing card draw.

The one attack difference is really big though, and it can help you build a board that you can use Evolve on. 

Is nerfed Tuskar Totemic good enough for this deck? he still help you to get thing from below sooner but other than that he is a barely better version of Razorfen hunter

2 minutes ago, Strongpoint said:

Is nerfed Tuskar Totemic good enough for this deck? he still help you to get thing from below sooner but other than that he is a barely better version of Razorfen hunter

I'd say that there are better drops than him, but I am far from finished testing this deck post-nerf. I have been testing Ragnaros the Firelord and adding C'thun cards (for insane Twin Emperor Vek'lor + Evolve combo), but without major success. I am currently trying Fireguard Destroyer and Flamewreathed Faceless, and it seems okay.

On 04/10/2016 at 2:40 PM, Strongpoint said:

I think he still good enough, he still have synergy with Thing from Below and the taunt totem can help protect you other minions.

This deck has been surprisingly good, I managed to reach rank 10 with it last Sunday with ease, haven't played it since then, but I think it has potential to reach rank 5 at least.

2 hours ago, Guest Azotype said:

I think he still good enough, he still have synergy with Thing from Below and the taunt totem can help protect you other minions.

This deck has been surprisingly good, I managed to reach rank 10 with it last Sunday with ease, haven't played it since then, but I think it has potential to reach rank 5 at least.

I agree, In Totem builds I still think he is viable. I still run him in my Totem Shaman. 

2 hours ago, Guest Azotype said:

On other hand, the spell damage totem is nothing but 0-2\potential random 2 drop in this deck except of rare cases when it buffs the lightning storm. And you can achieve the same cost rejection by simply hero powering and saving a card.

Tuskar is like hero-powering + placing 1 mana 3\2 that can be evolved to level 4. He is decent but I am curious if there are better options like Argent Horserider for a bit of reach

On 10/11/2016 at 7:06 PM, Strongpoint said:

On other hand, the spell damage totem is nothing but 0-2\potential random 2 drop in this deck except of rare cases when it buffs the lightning storm. And you can achieve the same cost rejection by simply hero powering and saving a card.

Tuskar is like hero-powering + placing 1 mana 3\2 that can be evolved to level 4. He is decent but I am curious if there are better options like Argent Horserider for a bit of reach

I would imagine his usefulness depends on what you're playing against. Horserider can be fantastic against certain decks, but he won't do much vs. a full board of 3-4 HP minions. 

Would Devolve have a place in this deck now that MSG is out?

3 hours ago, Guest Feelin' Fine said:

Would Devolve have a place in this deck now that MSG is out?

Not really, this deck already runs 2 Lightning Storms to deal with opponent's board. You can include it as a fun card though.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0