FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
keefbeef

Can We Solo Soak Lei Shen's Static Shock?

We made our first serious pulls on Lei Shen last night. After 3 hours on 25N and then another hour on 10N without a kill, I could use some tips. I ran as Demo with GoSup and Mannoroth's Fury for the AoE damage but will switch to KJC since we were actually making it to phase3 on our last 2 10N pulls before our tanks had to go to sleep (silly tanks!). I have a 522 iLVL and use 510 UVLS and 522 Wushoolay's as trinkets. With GoSup, I have 570k HP raid buffed. Here's my profile. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/shadow-council/Vylain/advanced

So how do you guys handle the Static Shocks? Do you guys solo soak them at all? If so, what combo of CD's do you use? I tried some different things to solo soak while keeping GoSup but our RL seems to be fine with putting energy on the Northern Conduit so that obviously makes it harder.

For 25N (2 million damage minimum during transition phases) I'm left with Dark Bargain, Twilight Ward and, during the resulting DoT, Unending Resolve and a Healthstone. With an unglyphed Healthstone, that still results in ~429k damage (~75% of my HP) according to my math. Of course, this is not taking into account any Soul Leech shields you might have, but those would have dropped off after a few seconds into the transition phases, correct?

Adding Dark Regen during the DoT takes it further down to 242k damage but then I lose Soul Lech shields. If I go GoSac then I'd do less AoE but I'd be ~684k HP raid buffed and Shadow Bulwark + Sac Pact would give me 741kHP with a 741k absorb + Unending Resolve and an unglyphed Healthstone would result in 598k damage (81% of my temp buffed HP). Dark Regen would take this down to 355k (48% of my temp HP). I did take Fel Armor into account for these calculations.

So what is it? Do you guys take Dark Regen to solo soak? Or is that just not an option and should I just resort to stacking? I want to do whatever I can to help our raid. Looking at the math, it looks much easier to solo soak the 800k using fewer CD's.

Is solo soaking them as a Warlock in 25N reasonable?

Edited by keefbeef

First of all I'm pretty sure that static shock deals nature damage, and twilight ward only absorbs holy and shadow damage, so that wouldn't help.

Second, if your raid is having any problems with static shock, it's an organization issue more than anything else and there is absolutely no need to have someone try solo soaking the static shock unless that person is really far from the raid for some reason and has cooldowns available. Also since you can't control who gets targeted by static shock (unless I missed something?), seems pointless to have that much preparation for it since the odds of getting static shocked in a 25 man are fairly low.

Our raid just has the static shock person run into melee, and even when they don't make it there in time (this is very rare), the ranged and healers will help. During transition phases obviously the entire group helps soak it.

I solo soak them in 10 man Heroic. A combination of Sacrificial Pact + Unending Resolve makes this laughable. I take like 400k damage (I sit at 610k at 100%). I'm unsure, but I doubt you'd soak a 25 man one by yourself. Dark Bargain could be used for this purpose, but you'll take a pretty nasty DoT afterwards. Also, Manno's Fury is worthless here. Not sure what AoE you need...the adds should always be clustered so that you don't need the 500% radius buff. KJC is too useful for moving away from stuff and keeping your DPS rolling.

Yeah, it was my first night there in 25N so I took MF to try to maximize dps on the ball lightnings since they were flying all over the place. I was doing well timing my movement with Meta or just using Fel flame. Once we started getting to phase 3 though, I saw that I absolutely needed KJC.

BTW, the DoT that Dark Bargain puts on you after the 8s immunity is Shadow damage, which Twilight Ward does absorb (only 89k for me). And, yes, Static Shock during the regular phases is very simple. But during the transition phases, solo soaking can make things a lot simpler for your group.

If the only resort is to soak it, I'll try out Soul Link for some pulls and watch to see if my pet ever comes close to dying.

Edited by keefbeef

I use Dark Bargain + Unending Resolve for soaking and soloing static shock at 25 man raiding guild and works very well mate.

As of 5.3 twilight Ward works with all schools of magic according to the patch notes. I would suggest Sacrificial Pact however rather than Dark Bargain.

That is not seen in the patch notes anywhere, nor is it working live. The old PvP 2 set bonus made Twilight Ward absorb all schools of magic. This tier got replaced by adding the DoT empowerment 4 set bonus and moving the old 4 set bonus to the new 2 set bonus. Twilight Ward still only absorbs Shadow and Holy magic.