13 posts in this topic

Sorry im pretty new to WoW and I read a guide on fire mage and it shows that the priority of stats is:

1. Intellect;
  2. Critical Strike;
  3. Mastery;
  4. Haste;
  5. Versatility.

but when getting new equipment how much of a stat should I give up to gain a secondary stat? For example if I lose 100 Int, but gain 300 Crit is it worth it? And how do I know at what amount it is worth it to give up a stat to gain a less important stat?

Stat Weights from Noxxic:

Intellect = 9.02
Critical Strike = 7.52
Mastery = 6.02
Haste = 4.52
Versatility = 3.02

1 person likes this

You can try downloading simcraft and make it run on your character. That will get you highly precise weights.

So does this mean if I'm pandaren. And I can use versatility 292 food, and get 588 versatility. That is still worse than regular feast 150x2 crit for fire mage?

the stats is going too for solo target

int > Crit > mastery = haste >vers

===========================

AOE/Cleave figtht's 

Int > crit > mastery > haste > mastery

the most problem ppl have this patch is playing solo mode or AOE mode. u can use a ignite relic for extra dmg on pyro  or ignite relic for extra dmg on ur ignite wich does AOE cleave dps. so its everything going too ur choice. 

regard's

On 8/18/2016 at 9:20 PM, Archimage said:

Stat Weights from Noxxic:

Intellect = 9.02
Critical Strike = 7.52
Mastery = 6.02
Haste = 4.52
Versatility = 3.02

Can someone please explain these numbers?

For example, at the moment i have:

23,754 Int (7,328 base + 16,426 gear)

7,214 Crit from gear (47% crit chance)

4,519 Mastery from gear (15.68% increase: 6% base + 9.68% gear)

Where does the Intellect = 9.02, Critical Strike = 7.52 from noxxic come from??

Thanks in advance.

1 hour ago, piqa said:

Can someone please explain these numbers?

These numbers are used to analyse the priority of stats on gear. They change a LOT throughout the expansion, depending on gear levels, current stat levels etc.

In order to get reliable stat weights, you need to sim your own character to see exactly how much of each stat you need. 

If you focus on getting crit everywhere that should be fine. Try to put all you energy in having full crit in every single piece of equipment. And then avoid versatility. 

If you get to choose between haste and mastery as a second stat prefer mastery. And this way your items will tend to have more mastery but they will always keep some haste due to haste-critic items. 

Following this you will be more than fine, crit is just so much more important. 

I understand crits are the most important stat, to get crit chains and free non-stop pyroblasts.

I was just wondering, if my gear had ONLY crit/mastery on all gear and ONLY crit on trinkets would that be ideal?

Or are there diminishing returns on crit/mastery, when haste should start kicking in?

versatility should be avoided like the plague.

On 14.9.2016 at 3:36 PM, piqa said:

I understand crits are the most important stat, to get crit chains and free non-stop pyroblasts.

I was just wondering, if my gear had ONLY crit/mastery on all gear and ONLY crit on trinkets would that be ideal?

Or are there diminishing returns on crit/mastery, when haste should start kicking in?

versatility should be avoided like the plague.

Funnily enough, Vers is actually better than Haste.

No there is no current DR point where you stop stacking crit.

On 8/20/2016 at 1:06 AM, Damien said:

You can try downloading simcraft and make it run on your character. That will get you highly precise weights.

I've never understood why people always tell you to go sim your current character to get precise weights, because that applies to what you have equipped now. If you have the wrong stuff equipped, well what will you do, go buy/craft/beg other armor to "test" on sims? Could get very expensive very fast. We don't all have a million gold to throw away on testing things out. Am I mistaken or is there not any good overall guideline about what a fire mage should be striving for except for the one that Noxxic posts? IMHO when people are asking about stat weights they generally want a guideline on how they should equip a character, what numbers they should be looking to attain, not WHAT THEY ARE CURRENTLY WEARING. Does that make sense to anyone?

Edited by smtips

On 11/18/2016 at 10:07 PM, smtips said:

I've never understood why people always tell you to go sim your current character to get precise weights, because that applies to what you have equipped now.

It's seems that you're not understanding the meaning of stat-weights. If you simc your character it will tell you which stat will IMPROVE you the most. Not which stat is the best you currently have!

If you have the wrong stuff equipped, well what will you do, go buy/craft/beg other armor to "test" on sims? Could get very expensive very fast.

I don't think people are really trashing there gold to "test" new gear. If you see (for example) mastery will improve you with a high value, than a piece with a high mastery roll will improve you! So yes, you could go and buy a crafted item to improve you, but most people will farm gear or simc themself new if they got some gearpiece and check if it would improve them (that is mostly what I do).

Am I mistaken or is there not any good overall guideline about what a fire mage should be striving for except for the one that Noxxic posts?

There you go: http://www.method.gg/board/showthread.php?18950-Lexi-s-Fire-Mage-Guide

This is already posted some times in this forum.

IMHO when people are asking about stat weights they generally want a guideline on how they should equip a character, what numbers they should be looking to attain, not WHAT THEY ARE CURRENTLY WEARING.

So again, for most specs you can give a stat PRIORITY but if you really want stat WEIGHTS you have to simc yourself to have any sence in the weights.
For Fire-mages follow the guide here on icy-veins: Crit>Int>Mastery

Does that make sense to anyone?

Hopefully this makes sense to you now :) I think I understood what you wanted to say, but it was just not right/complete.

Greetings :)