Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Vengeance haste %

2 posts in this topic

What haste % should I aim ? I'm at 25% and that's giving me a 12 sec cd on demon spikes so i can have them up 100% of time (theoretically). Immolation aura is 50% uptime. Should I go for more mastery or versatility at this point ? The guide said:

Haste reduces the global cooldown (until you reach 50% Haste), and also reduces the cooldown of Demon Spikes Icon Demon Spikes and Immolation Aura Icon Immolation Aura.

but I think its saying haste past 50% stops reducing the GCD.

There is no X amount of haste that you need and/or want to have. Haste is arguably the best or second best stat in pre-patch and drops down to 3-4th best in Legion.

For now haste flip-flops between best and second best based on skill level, encounter, and gear. Until launch it is viable to stack haste if you want up to 50% (not even sure you can GET 50% in current gear) but even then it will not always be the "best" stat since it changes based on other factors.

After launch you're never going to prioritize haste over Vers and it will be roughly equal to mastery meaning you'll only take it over crit and only if you're going for a max survival build. In 5 man builds and DPS builds it is literally the last stat.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By timmo900
      Hey guys,
      Just wondering peoples thoughts on the 20% Haste Minimum for UH DPS.
      Who thinks it is absolutely crucial?
      I am looking at a bunch of recent drops i have that are basically same ilvl. 
      I run castigator and all of the pieces i want to swap in, will give me loads more crit, but drop my haste from 20% down to 16%.
      how detrimental do you think this will be if i make the change? my crit will sit at almost 40% up from 32%.
      Thanks in advance,
    • By TeamC
      As the title suggests, I need a little help sorting through some trinkets I have for tanking, I don't have reliable links so bear with me:
      My Armory:
      Available trinkets:
      Grotesque Statuette (Titanforged, 875) - 1024 Mastery, stacking (1.67%/20sec) damage reduction

Spiked Counterweight (Mythic +6, 855) - 950 Haste (socket w/ Versatility gem) 150k bonus damage + 15% extra damage, up to 479k
      Horn of Valor (845 Mythic Warforged) - 915 Versatility, 2825 AGI every 2 minutes
      Shivermaw's Jawbone - (Mythic, 840) - 1685 Stamina, 66k Frost damage aoe, 1269 per enemy hit (max 5) for 10 seconds
      Still feeling my way around after the Mastery change, so I'm using a mixture of Spiked Counterweight (love the smoothing since it drops my CD on Demon Spikes to 11.8 seconds), Jawbone, and HoV. I got the Grotesque Statuette from our Xavius kill last week (great timing, Mastery nerf), and haven't played around with it.
      We're currently working through Heroics (3/7) and doing Mythic+ (topping out around 5-6 atm), so I'm trying to find nice combinations or just a good "go-to" set. I can kinda, sorta see merit in all of them, if not necessarily in all combinations of them, so I'm looking for help.
    • By Rhyovor
      i am looking help with some gears i have in my inventory. right now my gear looks like this for pve dung/raids 
      but if someone wanna help me out in wow so i can link you my item problem, would be appereciated :=)