Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
megamo

Question about canceling cast

5 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Hello,

I have a question (mostly on pool or burst phase) I'm castin pyro (on pool) or fireball to fish heating up but my problem is that I only know if I had a crit when the fireball is halfway to the target so I cast another fireball and If I see the last was crit I cancel and use my rune of power and burst with combustion.

Is this right to do that or should I wait to see if it's a crit before casting another ? or maybe finish the next cast even If I lose my heating up ?

Edited by megamo

I am not really sure if I get your question right.

Basically you continue casting Fireball to get Heating Up. If your first is a crit and you started another Fireball before, keep casting and directly use Fire Blast to get your instant Pyro.

Before using this Pyro cast your RoP and Combustion and start bursting.

If you don't have a Fire Blast up or Flame On, then just keep casting, cause you should have Fire Blasts for your burstphase.

Hopefully this answers your question :)

Posted (edited)

Yeah that's what i'm doing but see as example :

I cast a first fireball, then recast another, when the first is halfway to my target this is when heating up proc, so should I finish my second cast (wich is at 50% and might lose heating up if it's not a crit) or cancel and start my burst ?

Edited by megamo

Posted (edited)

You can cast Fire Blast while casting anything else! When your first Fireball crits, then use Fire Blast while casting the second Fireball to get the instant Pyro. You don't need to cancel something. If you already got the instant Pyro, "Not-Crit-Spells" won't remove it.

Clear now? :)

Edited by Lily

oh yeah mb totally forgot to read that I could use it while casting mb, thanks :)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Nooksi
      Hello Community,
      I am an experienced Mage player since BC, however I am not satisfied with my mage Damage as it is at the moment:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/ZaknRwz7PCYJbvhT#fight=14&type=damage-done&source=5

Would you point out possible Improvements or grave mistakes visible in the logs?
      http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/blackrock/Nooksi/simple

Thank you very much!

• By Fenodoree
      Hi everyone. I've a question, What spect should we roll for 7.1.5?
      So patch notes for 7.1.5 (November the 29th) are out.
      And I have 2 things to remark
      1.Strong buff to Arcane Mana cost for Arcane Blast has been reduced from 125% to 60% per Arcane Charge, since they are mana dependent. This does not apply It Was a tooltip bug.
      2.Almost all fire skills were buffed in damage, Fireball,Flame Blast, PyroBlast, Scorch, FlameStrike, CinderStorm,Meteor,Conflag and Phoenix's Flames. BUT Critical Mass % was reduced from 15% to 10% and Pyretic Incantation was nerfed from 5% per stack  to 2% per stack = 15%  less damage from consecutive Critical Strikes.
      I haven't done the math yet, but since Arcane has gotten a lot of buffs lately, and Fire is getting "balanced" (Since i've no idea how the patch will afect fire dps), and Frost Topping dps in rankings, and with no significant buffs or nerfs in the patch notes i suppose they will stay in tops.
      So if anyone would be so kind to enlighten me what spect you guys think it would be the best for 7.1.5 and why.

• By Codlydodly
      Aloha,
      I have been raiding with ye olde guildies, but alas my dps has been at the bottom of the pile which I expect with my ilvl as they are all much higher but i do feel like i should be doing more than what I am.
      please take a look at the logs ( https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/LGQfTc47XwkdtYzj#fight=1&type=summary&source=16 ) and help me figure out where i am going wrong.

Thanks in advance!
    • By Fenodoree
      Hello there.
      I'm a 864 fire mage currently at 6/7H but i really think my dps is too low, maybe is it because i don't have the legendary bracers yet, but still i think it should be better, In my last run in H i started doing the rotation a bit better, (i wasn't doing the crit train as i should) and i improved my dps in 20k. Still i think i should do better.
      Any help is appreciated. Thanks 
      logs https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/9822850/10/ 

• By stormcaster
      Union is an alliance guild on the PVE server Uldum, we are currently 5/7 mythic and looking to add 1 mage and 1 resto shaman to our ranks. Union has been around since Vanilla and has had the same core of raiders for years. We pride ourselves on raiding just 10 hours per week and being able to maintain top 150 US throughout the last tiers of raiding. We raid:

Tuesday 8-11 EST (5-8 PST)
      Thursday 8-11 EST (5-8 PST)
      Sunday 7-11 EST (4-8 PST)

We are looking for a player that not only parses high, but has good survival instincts and always comes prepared to each raid.

Hit me up in game: Stormcaster#1629