FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Heradsinn

Help Me With My DPS, Please!

Hello forum! I need help with my dps. I have read for a long time on noxxic.com and also here, but my dps is still low. On Noxxic.com there is a feature that says how much dps each specc has, and the lowest specc should have around 69k with ilvl 463 gear. I have almost every piece of gear better than that, but my dps is 38k, So I really need help.

Now my fist specc is nothing to think about, I use that for soloing and I think that is fine. But my secondary specc is my raiding one. (The one that doesn't use elusiveness.)

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/magtheridon/Heradsinn/simple

Now the specc is mostly from Noxxic and here but also what some of the people in the raidfinder group told me was better.

The combatlog; I didnt know how to use it or do it, so a little help with how to use it would be apreciated ;D.

Rotation:

My rotation is in stealth ambush and (if needed) shadowstep. Then I use Sinister Strike to get 5 combopoints and always keeping reavealing strikes up. With 5 CP I refresh Slice and Dice, and when both revealing strikes and SnD is up I spend my combopoints on Eviscerate. Killing Spree I use everytime it's possible preferably when I am low on energy, so I build up some combopoints first since using a finishing moves regenerates some energy. I try to use Adrenaline Rush after a Killing Spree so that the cooldown is shortened by the finishing moves.

I don't really know what defensives to use, I mainly use Cloak of Shadows when it is possible or I save it for when I need to resist a strong spell from the boss, and the same thing goes about smokebomb (trying to do it close to other players). If more damage resist is needed I also do Combat Readiness. My AOE rotation isn't a rotation... (I'm just saying) So I need help with that, and I really don't understand the guides on how to do it.

I'm not using Rupture, since it's just some few percent of my DPS and people have told me not to use it.

Poisons; I dont really know which one to use. Some have told me to use leaching poison but the guide advice not to. And also the fourth tier of my talent; I don't knoiw what to chose.

If there is something I missed to mention, please let me know and I tell you how I am doing it.

Regards,

Heradsinn!

According to noxxic combat is pulling 61,622 dps at 468ilvl, which is a ok benchmark I suppose but I wouldn't take to much stock in it. Rotation and gameplay is the most important. Like everyone else will post, "without any logs its hard to give you much help". World of Logs is as easy as going to the site, making an account, and reading the directions. At first glance though you don't have everything reforged/gemmed/enchanted and because of that you aren't hit capped, which is a must for rogues. I would suggest going to Mr. Robot and making the changes it tells you. Its not the end all be all of your decision making but it's a step in the right direction. I would almost guaranty you see a difference just by doing that. If your rotation and priority system is as stated you shouldn't have a issue.

• Like 1

I sent an email to WoL Support for help on how to do the log. It will probably be up here soon, if they answer me Posted Image.

Edited by Heradsinn

From what I understand, a tool like Shadowcraft is more reliable than Noxxic. It can tell you what reforges/gems will be helpful as well. Often times the theoretical DPS is almost impossible to reach because it requires perfect play and doesn't fully account for bad RNG. On the other hand, you can be doing better than 38k with your gear.

As far as AOE goes, check the icy-veins guide. Basically it says if there are less than 8 targets, just turn on blade flurry and continue the SnD/Evisc rotation. If more than 8 targets, fan of knives to five combo points and then crimson tempest to spend them.

• Like 1