FORUMS
Damien

Resurrect Control Priest Standard

58 minutes ago, Neo111 said:

My issue is synergy of resurrect/onyx bishop with loot hoarder. Surely you'd rather avoid it? 

Depends on what you're playing against. 

Vs Control, you'd rather avoid playing a loot hoarder early, so you can resurrect better minions. 

Vs Aggro, loot horder is a decent enough minion on the board and repeatedly resurrecting one will get you more cards

I've been playing a version of this deck with Barnes. The 1/1 version of Auchenai Soulpriest, Priest of the Feast, or Sylvanus are great, but even a 1/1 Northshire Cleric or Loot Horder is decent enough; and the resurrected versions come back at full strength.

I've been seeing versions of this in the single digit ranks running Barnes with  Y'Shaarj, Rage UnboundRagnaros the Firelord and Ysera. I lost one match up due to the other player playing Barnes on turn 3 with the coin who pulled Y'Shaarj, Rage Unbound who then in turn pulled Ragnaros the Firelord. That was some beautiful RNG and a very unlikely situation to repeat but it was enough to crush me with the Resurrect synergy and that high of quality of minions that early. What are your thoughts on this set up Sottle? 

• Like 1

On 1 September 2016 at 4:28 PM, Allegro said:

Depends on what you're playing against. 

Vs Control, you'd rather avoid playing a loot hoarder early, so you can resurrect better minions. 

Vs Aggro, loot horder is a decent enough minion on the board and repeatedly resurrecting one will get you more cards

I've been playing a version of this deck with Barnes. The 1/1 version of Auchenai Soulpriest, Priest of the Feast, or Sylvanus are great, but even a 1/1 Northshire Cleric or Loot Horder is decent enough; and the resurrected versions come back at full strength.

Resurrected Barnes would suck though.

Found this deck too hard to master, couldn't even get off the ground at rank 20. Just get annihilated by turn 4 by aggro decks (Hunter, Shaman, Warlock), they just push face damage and I can't keep up killing off minions. Maybe worth including pyromancer Idk. 

Is anyone actually at legend rank with this deck? ?

Edited by Neo111

2 minutes ago, Neo111 said:

Is anyone actually at legend rank with this deck? ?

I bet Zetalot is.

Pyromancer is crucial against Aggro, that's for sure. Also stick in Barnes and a couple of big guys like Ragnaros - free wins are cool!

Guest K9Rj

I invested in this deck today. As far as I can see it seems like a fun deck if you dont mind your games lasting a half hour.

On 7.9.2016 at 0:34 AM, Guest K9Rj said:

I invested in this deck today. As far as I can see it seems like a fun deck if you dont mind your games lasting a half hour.

That's the key point here. This deck is not ideal for the initial grind, as with every control deck. You can do it, of course, but you'll be playing the game for a lot longer. Generally, it's better to use an aggro/mid deck to blast through everything in the low ranks, then swap to a control deck when the wins start to actually matter more and you start getting closer to legend.

It's a solid deck, but you will definitely struggle vs. the really strong aggro decks that flood the lower ranks, especially if they draw well.

5 hours ago, Guest Jonesyy said:

Is there a good replacement for Sylvanas Windrunner ?

Elise? Boulderfist? Emperor Thaurissan? Reno? Stormwind Champion?

Sylvanas Windrunner is just sooo good in this deck. She is good on her own, but the possibility of getting her again for 2 mana is just too good to turn down. I saw some people running Barnes and either Ragnaros the Firelord or Ysera with him. You can also try Cabal Shadow Priest or Excavated Evil/Holy Nova.

9 hours ago, positiv2 said:

is just sooo good in this deck. She is good on her own, but the possibility of getting her again for 2 mana is just too good to turn down. I saw some people running Barnes and either Ragnaros the Firelord or Ysera with him. You can also try Cabal Shadow Priest or Excavated Evil/Holy Nova.

That's a shame.

Not sure I want to commit to disenchanting 4 legendary cards just to craft Sylvanas Windrunner for this deck

I have all adventure pack cards, but my legendary cards outside of adventure packs are pretty limited.... Leeroy Jenkins only lol

1 hour ago, Jonesyy said:

That's a shame.

Not sure I want to commit to disenchanting 4 legendary cards just to craft Sylvanas Windrunner for this deck

I have all adventure pack cards, but my legendary cards outside of adventure packs are pretty limited.... Leeroy Jenkins only lol

Sylvanas is one of those legendaries that, at least in my opinion, is worth crafting. She can be used in so many decks it's crazy.

1 hour ago, Jonesyy said:

That's a shame.

Sylvanas Windrunner is #1 legendary in standard and should have priority over other legendaries. You don't necessarily need to disenchant 4 legendaries. You can simply collect dust from commons and rares over the span of a few months to get her.

2 hours ago, positiv2 said:

Sylvanas Windrunner is #1 legendary in standard and should have priority over other legendaries. You don't necessarily need to disenchant 4 legendaries. You can simply collect dust from commons and rares over the span of a few months to get her.

Yeah, but doesn't help much right now when you are bored silly of face hunter for weeks on end and want to play a control deck ;)

If there is no suitable replacement card I'll just have to accept the fact that I'll have to either a) disenchant legendary cards b) disenchant duplicates over a few month c) stick to hunter lol

55 minutes ago, Jonesyy said:

Yeah, but doesn't help much right now when you are bored silly of face hunter for weeks on end and want to play a control deck ;)

If there is no suitable replacement card I'll just have to accept the fact that I'll have to either a) disenchant legendary cards b) disenchant duplicates over a few month c) stick to hunter lol

You just have to accept the monotony. On my NA account, I play only C'thun decks (yes, for all 9 classes) and have over 600 games with them. I haven't played any decks that do not contain C'Thun and I am fine with it. It gets the job done and there are never two same games.

You can temporarily use the cards I listed, but they simply won't be as good as Sylvanas Windrunner. So you can either play suboptimal deck, or stick to hunter. 

Guest DaveG

If a deck goes through a major revision, as this one obviously has, do you not even bother with a changelog???

29 minutes ago, Guest DaveG said:

If a deck goes through a major revision, as this one obviously has, do you not even bother with a changelog???

No, it did not go through a revision. I suppose you mistook decks. You might have been looking for regular control priest, or C'thun/N'Zoth priest.

Guest DaveG
1 hour ago, positiv2 said:

No, it did not go through a revision. I suppose you mistook decks. You might have been looking for regular control priest, or C'thun/N'Zoth priest.

I was 99% sure my previous resurrect deck came from here, but you're probably right. The deck I was using had Barnes, Ysera, NZoth, Cairne, Holy Nova, Excavated Evil etc.

18 minutes ago, Guest DaveG said:

I was 99% sure my previous resurrect deck came from here, but you're probably right. The deck I was using had Barnes, Ysera, NZoth, Cairne, Holy Nova, Excavated Evil etc.

It's possible that it was Emb's N'zoth priest (reddit post). Our resurrect priest hasn't been changed since we released the guide.
I personally prefer not to run huge minions in resurrect priest and rather focus on stronger early game, which often surprises opponents, especially with control decks, leading to a victory. Which approach do you personally prefer?

Guest DaveG
7 hours ago, positiv2 said:

It's possible that it was Emb's N'zoth priest (reddit post). Our resurrect priest hasn't been changed since we released the guide.
I personally prefer not to run huge minions in resurrect priest and rather focus on stronger early game, which often surprises opponents, especially with control decks, leading to a victory. Which approach do you personally prefer?

Yes, this is it. Sorry to spout off. I do occasionally get decks from hearthstonetopdecks. I do prefer more early game/better curve.

Ive been running barnes to replace sylvannas,would it work?also im a bit hesitant about the loot hoarders, since theres like 4 draws in the deck already.Also i have seen some decks running bog creeper?replace them with 1 entomb maybe?Finally any love for wild pyro?they seem great at clearing aggro decks

Edited by TheEviscerator

1 hour ago, TheEviscerator said:

Ive been running barnes to replace sylvannas,would it work?

Not really. Ressurecting Barnes himself isn't really great. If he pulls you a 1/1 Injured Blademaster, then it's one more of them in the ressurection pool, which is nice. But for the same price he pulls you a 1/1 Northshire Cleric, which is less nice. Sylvanas Windrunner is an immediate threat, and managing to resurrect her 2-3 times leads to ragequits.

also im a bit hesitant about the loot hoarders, since theres like 4 draws in the deck already.

You'll need some form of board presence against bumrushers, you can't allow to coast on hero power alone until turn 5-6 against Zoo Lock, Face Hunter (or any other Aggro deck beside Mage who doesn't give a fuck about what you have on the board and just melts your face). 

Also i have seen some decks running bog creeper?replace them with 1 entomb maybe?

Not Entomb. It is way too useful to turn your opponent's late-game threats against him. If you really want a big taunt minion, remove Darkshire Alchemist. Or Entomb your opponent's Ancient of War or Tirion Fordring.

Finally any love for wild pyro?they seem great at clearing aggro decks

Holy Nova is better, especially if you manage to have some form of board presence.

• Like 1