FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Lockybalboa

Artifact Weapon and You - How To Be Prepared

Fairly small change either way, the *recommended* path has changed a few times and is slightly different depending on source. Tbh I'm going to be going the IV guide way simply because the 3rd gold trait is really meh and extra Fury would be nice.

I put some in to extra fury, and don't regret it.  I found it irritating even with 45+% crit just how often would only be able to get two Anhilates in on a momentum.

Especially since I got lucky on first legendary and it was the happy ring, and fury fills up fast.

Edited by Zilthy

Hi!

Sorry ro resurrect this after so long, not sure if anyone is still paying attention, but I have a question.

Just rolled my first DH in BfA. How does all of this relate to the three artifact slots right in the beginning for lvls 100 and 102 (I think). Do these matter much? I've been offered 4 three times now, and each time there are 2 havoc and 2 veng, but both of each spec LOOK identical from the descriptions (+2 item level, then 3, then 4). What are the differences? Can I change these later? Would I ever want to? If I go havoc, can I get these for my veng weapon later?

Please help!

Great post and site, btw.

Thanks.

8 hours ago, BadBandit said:

What are the differences?

Apart from the slot type (fire, shadow, iron, etc.) there are no difference between relics. Before 8.0 they used to have traits, but those are now inactive.

Can I change these later?

They essentially work like gems. You can put a new relic in a slot to replace an old one, but it will destroy the old relic.

Would I ever want to?

Yes, if it increases your item level.

If I go havoc, can I get these for my veng weapon later?

Depends on what you mean with "later". Once you are past level 110, you will be replacing your artifact weapons with regular ones (the entire artifact weapon system was a Legion-exclusive feature). You will find plenty of relics while questing from 100 to 110 if you want some for your Vengeance weapon anyway, but they will be useless past 110.