FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Soledad

Outlaw Rotation Help

Does anyone feel that the icy-viens suggested rotation is missing things ??

1. Ability Priority List

1. Activate Blade Flurry Icon Blade Flurry if more than one target is present and stacked.
  2. If Adrenaline Rush Icon Adrenaline Rush is off cooldown
  3. Cast Marked for Death Icon Marked for Death (when talented) if you have 0-1 Combo Points.
  4. Cast Death from Above Icon Death from Above (when talented) if you have 6 Combo Points and Adrenaline Rush Icon Adrenaline Rush is not active.
  5. Maintain your Roll the Bones Icon Roll the Bones buffs (discussed in greater detail later in the guide).
  6. Cast Run Through Icon Run Through if you are at 5-6 Combo Points.
  7. Cast Pistol Shot Icon Pistol Shot if you have an Opportunity Icon Opportunity proc and you have 4 or less Combo Points.
  8. Cast Saber Slash Icon Saber Slash to generate Combo Points.

What about putting Between the EyesBetween the Eyes in the rotation / conditional if you have the buff Shark Infested Waters (when critical does 4x the normal dmg)   ?  Thoughts on this community 

3 hours ago, Soledad said:

What about putting Between the EyesBetween the Eyes in the rotation / conditional if you have the buff Shark Infested Waters (when critical does 4x the normal dmg)   ?  Thoughts on this community 

As of right now, it's pretty unreliable - it has a larger chance to not be effective than to crit and do crazy damage, so I would recommend leaving it out of your rotation

This tooltip is out of date, it increases Crit Chance by 25%, not 40%.

ability_rogue_rollthebones03.gifShark Infested Waters increases Critical Strike Chance by 25% (was 40%).

Link

It's unreliable because you're not sure it'll crit, specially on those "low" crit rates. And I have a feeling about Run Through outdamaging it. Gotta test, tho.

Edited by lipsinch
Inserting reference

Yea I know it's 25% now, but still in full heroic gear i sit at 60% crit with Shark infested waters up, the only time  I have seen Run through out damages a crit from between the eyes is when used with Death from Above. 

You're correct, right now we have a TON of crit. But come 110, when stats are more to scale and we aren't as strong, I would expect you to have a 40% crit chance with the buff up. At the most.

Because you only have a (roughly) 4/10 chance to do more damage with BtE than with RT, RT becomes the more reliable option.

Even now though, with your 60% buffed crit, 6/10 isn't great odds. They're better, but not great.

1 hour ago, Soledad said:

Yea I know it's 25% now, but still in full heroic gear i sit at 60% crit with Shark infested waters up, the only time  I have seen Run through out damages a crit from between the eyes is when used with Death from Above. 

The thing is not even about odds. It`s stronger than Run through without class trinket (with 60% crit it`s expected 180% ap per cp against 120%) and weaker with it (against minimum 194.4% ap per cp (dependent on trinket`s ilvl). With 40% (without trinket) they are kinda even, but Run through have Greed artifact trait (not sure how often it procs, but it should be taken in mind). Between the eyes is ranged ability, and does not benefit from flurry

You know this whole time, I see you about the odds of a crit chance, but that's the whole RNG about Combat (Outlaw) this go around the dps you produce revolves around roll of the bones the RNG of the spell whether you get a good buff or have to re-roll for something better before bursting.

9 minutes ago, Soledad said:

You know this whole time, I see you about the odds of a crit chance, but that's the whole RNG about Combat (Outlaw) this go around the dps you produce revolves around roll of the bones the RNG of the spell whether you get a good buff or have to re-roll for something better before bursting.

Correct. I hate it.

It doesn't feel rewarding to play and doesn't really emphasize player skill. It's a poorly designed spell and I wish I didn't have to play it.