FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
KingMe

Help with card links

Ok I feel dumb. I've been on this site for over a year now and can't for the life of me figure out how to tag cards to where you can hover over them to see them. I thought for awhile that all I had to do was use the Hearthstone icon above where I am typing now and I was good. Apparently I was wrong. Any who, if anyone knows what the hell I am talking about and knows how to do it please let me know. Positiv I'm looking at you. :P 

When you click on the HS icon and you type the name, do you click on the name of the card that rolls down? There was also some stuff about javascript, do you have it enabled for icy-veins?

Yes I click the names when they pop up. While I'm posting everything looks fine but when I submit it I see all the card names in blue. As far as Javascript I'll look into it and see if that does anything. The investigation begins. lol

Nevermind, just tested it and apparently guests and regular users (as in not mods) cannot do the on-hover magic in the editor. I will tell Damien about that.
Thank you

• Like 1

Maybe make it to where Members and up can use it? Either or, glad I was able to point that out. Not sure though if they intentionally set it to be that way, we shall see I guess. Now I don't feel so dumb. lol Thanks

I didn't do basically anything, Damien did all the hard work. He figured out why it didn't work and fixed it. Damien and KingMe are the real heroes here <3

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Blainie said:

He's just so reliable. Proud of you @positiv2

Yes he is. I remember him before he was a mod. I was happy for him when he got the job. You guys picked well

9 hours ago, positiv2 said:

I didn't do basically anything, Damien did all the hard work. He figured out why it didn't work and fixed it. Damien and KingMe are the real heroes here <3

My ignorance, your quick thinking and Damien's boss powers came together to identify and fix the issue. Teamwork at it's finest. :) Good job everyone.

• Like 2

I'm noticing they still don't pop up when you hover over them. They are linking now to IVs now instead of another site though. Progress or intended?

It's because of the changes from today's morning, which overwrote Damien's fix. He's just fixed it and it should be working as intended. You have a keen eye, I wouldn't have noticed it. Damien is now working around the clock on stuff for Legion, and that probably means we can expect more updates on the forums (I'm only guessing though), so if you see more of these unintended behaviours, let us know and we (ie. Damien xD ) will try to fix it as soon as possible.
Edit: Posts created before this update won't have working tooltips, sadly.

• Like 1

The cards are popping up perfectly for Mods but I'm noticing they are only showing as links for Members.