Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sanketsd

When a mage should use time warp during ultra Hc ?

8 posts in this topic

ability_mage_timewarp.jpgTime Warp is best used at the beginning of the fight. The idea is that you want to shorten the fight as much as possible to reduce the strain on your healers in the last minute. Using Time Warp at the beginning of the fight ensures that everyone is alive to benefit from it (using all other cooldowns available). Since the fight will be shortened, you can take the risk of replacing one healer with a DPS to shorten it even more (the damage is not very high before the 6th minute starts).

Even i tried a better thing and that was, i made the healers to go in heroic will ! Because as you said for 6th min the healers have to heal a lot for the other who takes a lot of damage ! And at that time healers can pop heroism for their better heals ! And thus i killed ultra Hc . .

we found the best time to use Time warp is right at the very beginning.

we messed around with using it at the end as well but found that it did not help the healers much for some reason.

also Pre-pot before the fight starts. as you will then be able to use another potion for more dps.

we found the best time to use Time warp is right at the very beginning.

we messed around with using it at the end as well but found that it did not help the healers much for some reason.

also Pre-pot before the fight starts. as you will then be able to use another potion for more dps.

. . . Buddy, just read the above topic about the healers i have written !

I blow Timewarp at the end of the fight. That way everything is in execute range.

Granted, I dont think I've blown lust on that fight in weeks with the nerfs. But as progression we did it at the end to boost the heals and DPS in execute range.

Post nerf our healers don't even need it anymore, but its still nice having an extra towards the end to scrub lust anyone who died and the healers.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Kirwow
      Hey there!
      I've recently started playing a mage, and I feel like my performance is a little below where it should be right now... I feel like I have the basics of the fire rotation down, but I really want to make any improvements that I can.. I don't really know where i'm going wrong, or what i'm doing that is causing a gap in numbers between me and similarly geared players. I have a log from a normal Xavius fight from earlier, maybe someone could take a look at it and point out any mistakes or give a few pointers?
      Thanks for your time!
      WCL: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/xDnCkjbgT7qfMXt1
      armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/thrall/Networks/advanced
    • By platinumwolfe
      Guild Info:
      [Emerald Dream][A] <Scrub Squad> is a casual raiding guild, currently at 7/7H 3/3N 2/3H. We need a few more solid people to start Mythic!

Raid Times:
      Our raid nights are Tuesday/Thursday from 8-12pm eastern.

We're looking for people wanting to have fun while raiding and downing content. - No stress.
      We are looking for ranged and melee DPS for Mythic Progression.
      Also we run Mythic + all week and have several groups downing 11's and 12's. We hope to get up to 15 soon! 
      Currently looking for:
      Tanks: No demand
      Melee DPS: Low demand (Warrior, Havoc, Windwalker, or anyone exceptional)
      Ranged DPS: High demand (Mage, Hunter, Shadow Priest, Warlock, anyone exceptional)
      Healers: No demand
      We're at 19 members looking to get a few more to sit around 20-23. New members should be ilevel 860+ but that's not firm.

About Our Current Members:
      Most have extensive raiding backgrounds, and some come from previous hardcore raiding guilds. We're looking for a casual environment for less stressful and more fun raiding.

What Want In Members:
      Reliable - At least 80% attendance
      Friendly - fun loving!
      Self-motivated - players who can look up boss fights and class information on their own. With limited raiding time we can't afford to spend it all explaining boss mechanics multiple times.
      Chill - we're not looking for people who cause drama or place blame on people for failure.
      Attitude - Don't be a jerk, not just to guildies, but to everyone.
      Mature, Thick skinned - we can say some pretty offensive jokes.
      Ideally skilled - but that's something that can be helped.
      On the Emerald Dream server, or willing to transfer. For running Mythic raids, players have to be on our server.
      Feel free to pop into our recruitment discord to talk to an officer or leave a message! 
      https://discord.gg/y6ArYFU
      Battletag -  Wolfe#1468

• By Dominia
      LOOKING FOR MORE DPS
      7/7 Normal EN
      7/7 Heroic EN
      3/3 Trial of Valor on Normal
      Starting H ToV soon

<Mythic on Mains> is a heroic raid team comprised of adult raiders who value their time while progressing through current content. The core group came together in Warlords and cleared all content on both Normal and Heroic.

We raid Thursday and Sunday evenings.
      Invites: 7:45pm -- First Pull: 8:00pm -- End: 11:00pm  (Eastern)

Atmosphere
      ----------------
      We are a laid back group looking to have fun while working on current content.
      There will be wipes as we learn. But no raging tantrums or frothing at the mouth. Adult humor and language in chat and voice is ok, however be respectful and mature.

Expectations
      -----------------
      Be available for a majority of both scheduled evenings (Thu/Sun) and for the entire scheduled raid time (Invites: 7:45pm, End: 11:00pm).

We have very low tolerance for no-shows. We understand emergencies happen but ask that you make every effort to let us know of an absence as much in advance as possible. Remember there are other humans setting aside their time to do this as well. 

Gear must be enchanted with appropriate enchants. 

Slotted gear must be gemmed with appropriate gems.

Maintain an appropriate understanding of your class talents and rotations. Healers must be able to heal effectively. Tanks must be able to tank effectively. DPS must be able to pew pew effectively.

Bring appropriate buff food, potions (heal, mana, combat), and flasks.

Read and view fight strategies and videos when asked. 
      Graciously take suggestions for improvement and direction on voice chat. 

Bring the fun.

If you are interested in joining us, please post the following information on Discord at https://discord.gg/KrmxZ9w and someone will get back to you as soon as possible:
      Toon Name@Server
      Class: Spec/Off Spec
      Main Spec: iLevel / artifact level / AK level
      Prior Raid Experience
      Battletag
      You do NOT have to server transfer or join the guild to play with us.
      Contact info:
      BNet: Dominia#1504
      Discord: Dominia#5437
      Twitter: @TheRealDominia
    • By Archimage
      Wanted to share this:

• By Archimage
      Macros for mage talents in 7.1 just putting it out there:   Frost: /use [talent:1/1] Ray of Frost; [talent:1/2] Lonely Winter; [talent:1/3] Bone Chilling
      /use [talent:2/1] Shimmer; [talent:2/2] Cauterize; [talent:2/3] Cold Snap
      /use [talent:3/1] Mirror Image; [talent:3/2] Rune of Power; [talent:3/3] Incanter's Flow
      /use [talent:4/1] Ice Nova; [talent:4/2] Frozen Touch; [talent:4/3] Splitting Ice
      /use [talent:5/1] Ice Floes; [talent:5/2] Ring of Frost; [talent:5/3] Ice Ward
      /use [talent:6/1] Frost Bomb; [talent:6/2] Unstable Magic; [talent:6/3] Artic Gale
      /use [talent:7/1] Thermal Void; [talent:7/2] Glacial Spike; [talent:7/3] Comet Storm   Fire: /use [talent:1/1] Pyromaniac; [talent:1/2] Conflagration; [talent:1/3] Firestarter
      /use [talent:3/1] Mirror Image; [talent:3/2] Rune of Power; [talent:3/3] Incanter's Flow
      /use [talent:4/1] Blast Wave; [talent:4/2] Flame ON; [talent:4/3] Controlled Burn
      /use [talent:6/1] Living Bomb; [talent:6/2] Unstable Magic; [talent:6/3] Flame Patch
      /use [talent:7/1] Kindling; [talent:7/2] Cinderstorm; [talent:7/3] Meteor   Arcane: /use [talent:1/1] Arcane Familiar; [talent:1/2] Presence of Mind; [talent:1/3] Words of Power
      /use [talent:4/1] Supernova; [talent:4/2] Charged Up; [talent:4/3] Resonance
      /use [talent:6/1] Nether Tempest; [talent:6/2] Unstable Magic; [talent:6/3] Erosion
      /use [talent:7/1] Overpowered; [talent:7/2] Quickening; [talent:7/3] Arcane Orb     General Focus Macros: /cast [@focus, exists, nodead][] Polymorph
      /cast [@focus, exists, nodead][] Counterspell