Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Obak

Choice Energizing Elixir & Power Strikes

2 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

I have kind of a hard question here. It's about the choice between the talent lvl45, and more importantly between Energizing Elixir and Power Strikes.

Now i know those two talents are pretty much worth. I tried them both, and both left me with different issues, for which i need some explanations.

For Energizing Elixir :

We all agree that to maximize it's effect, it's better to use it when you're out of Chi and Energy. The thing is, to be out of Chi AND Energy, you must've used all your spells, and so they are all on CD. So after using your Energizing Elixir, should you spam your Blackout Kick and loose the Combo stacks ? or use 1 Blackout Kick then 1 Tiger Palm to keep the stacks up even if you loose 1 Chi generation ? or just, what is the best thing to do after the Energizing Elixir ?

For Power Strikes :

For this i found something on the forum, but i don't know if it's worth. So, I sometimes had 2 chi and no Energy with Rising Sun Kick and Fists of Fury on CD, should i then use 2 Blackout Kicks and loose the combo stacks (coz' if i use only 1 kick i don't have enough Energy for a Tiger Palm after the GCD) ? or use 1 Blackout Kick and wait for the Energy for a Tiger Palm as i said before ? or (as i saw on the forum) use 1 Blackout Kick, tick once with the Crackling Thunder thing and Blackout again ?

There, i hope i made my point clear enough to understand and i'm sure others have the same "issue". It's more of a Theory Craft matter, but i think with the Mastery being so important and the stats increase with Legion coming, this may have an importance.

So. Generally when giving advice based on these two talents, I always recommend Power Strikes until someone is perfectly comfortable with Chi generation. Understanding Chi is simple enough, but thinking ahead 3-4+ moves and knowing how much Chi you will have is very different and directly impacts your use of the Elixir.

For Elixir, the reason it is so hard to use is because you NEVER want to break your combo unless it is 100% completely necessary. Do everything that you can to save your combo.

The advice apples to PS too. Hit combo is the most important thing to maintain. Use the crackling thunder to maintain it.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By NasharStormrage
      So,
      Which trinket should I be using (obviously arms warriors are not concerned with iLvl because Mastery is desired over strength.
      I have the 820 iLvl trinket from a timewarped dungeon and that with heroism, Battle Cry, Potion, trinket use, could provide an extreme amount of dps burst which is also on a 1.5m CD. It seems like an obvious choice but I wanted to hear any thoughts or opinions that people have since I'll be losing 500+ static mastery. Also, the use effect gives around 20-24% increased damage during colossus smash. 
      Thoughts?... 

• By Archimage
      Macros for mage talents in 7.1 just putting it out there:   Frost: /use [talent:1/1] Ray of Frost; [talent:1/2] Lonely Winter; [talent:1/3] Bone Chilling
      /use [talent:2/1] Shimmer; [talent:2/2] Cauterize; [talent:2/3] Cold Snap
      /use [talent:3/1] Mirror Image; [talent:3/2] Rune of Power; [talent:3/3] Incanter's Flow
      /use [talent:4/1] Ice Nova; [talent:4/2] Frozen Touch; [talent:4/3] Splitting Ice
      /use [talent:5/1] Ice Floes; [talent:5/2] Ring of Frost; [talent:5/3] Ice Ward
      /use [talent:6/1] Frost Bomb; [talent:6/2] Unstable Magic; [talent:6/3] Artic Gale
      /use [talent:7/1] Thermal Void; [talent:7/2] Glacial Spike; [talent:7/3] Comet Storm   Fire: /use [talent:1/1] Pyromaniac; [talent:1/2] Conflagration; [talent:1/3] Firestarter
      /use [talent:3/1] Mirror Image; [talent:3/2] Rune of Power; [talent:3/3] Incanter's Flow
      /use [talent:4/1] Blast Wave; [talent:4/2] Flame ON; [talent:4/3] Controlled Burn
      /use [talent:6/1] Living Bomb; [talent:6/2] Unstable Magic; [talent:6/3] Flame Patch
      /use [talent:7/1] Kindling; [talent:7/2] Cinderstorm; [talent:7/3] Meteor   Arcane: /use [talent:1/1] Arcane Familiar; [talent:1/2] Presence of Mind; [talent:1/3] Words of Power
      /use [talent:4/1] Supernova; [talent:4/2] Charged Up; [talent:4/3] Resonance
      /use [talent:6/1] Nether Tempest; [talent:6/2] Unstable Magic; [talent:6/3] Erosion
      /use [talent:7/1] Overpowered; [talent:7/2] Quickening; [talent:7/3] Arcane Orb     General Focus Macros: /cast [@focus, exists, nodead][] Polymorph
      /cast [@focus, exists, nodead][] Counterspell
    • By Keldren
      I use AMR to quickly get an idea of different gear upgrades pretty often. With the changes to mastery they have yet to really set up a new default stat weight and I didn't really like the stat weight they had before anyway. I know the priority of Vers>Haste>Mastery>Crit. This is more about the technical weights for AMR.
      Does anyone have any thoughts on what stat weighting they use for AMR or what the new weights should be?
      Thank you.

• By Batraaf
      Hello, 
      I was wondering wich mage spec is the best pve spec.
      I've ask a couple of people and in general fire mage is the spec to go they say, but there were also some who said that arcane and frost get some major buffs on the hotfix wednesday, so now I don't know wich spec to choose.
      Can anyone help me with this issue?
    • By Skyler110
      Hello all i was just wondering if anyone had a good addon for tracking who is in the range for the new Holy Paladin Mastery.
      - Thanks
      - Kizroll