Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Worgen Hungter who wants to be a skinner.

5 posts in this topic

I want to create a Worgen Hunter to start over a new game with my 4 other friends. I will play PVE based games. We are not into PVP stuff. I have never played Hunter and Worgen is also very new to me.

I have read many guides but this one is what I really liked:

According to this guide we should select professions which provide focus. But, I really want to go for skinning and leather-working. Leather-working is in the suggested professions list, but skinning is not. As far as I know skinning also provides bonus critical hits later in the game. However, I believe there is reason for skinning is not in the list.

As a result my heart wants to select skinning and leather-working. But I will feel non-perfect unless I get engineering.

Please help me. What should I do ?

I don't want my friends to abandon me because my build is not perfect which happened before on another game (pleae do not post about this, it hurts me. thank you)

+ please also consider that, I am also a new player and I don't have any in game gold. So I will not be able to buy AH materials as well.)

+ our party will play only at night time and our group time is very limited. But I can create an alt to gather materials on day time.

Um....dude? You do realize that, unless you have thousands of gold laying around and are on a server with a godlike auction house, skinning is required to max leatherworking?

What most people do is take the gathering profession (such as skinning) when they are first starting out, max their production professions completely (leatherworking for you), then when they have it maxed and are max level, unlearn skinning and work on engineering either with a mining alt character or through the auction house.

Having an alt that is mining and skinning as his professions is also a way to go, but that character will be weaker because of it.

Good luck.

I think this will solve the problem:

Worgen Hunter (beastmaster)

Professions: Engineering / Leatherworking

Pandaren Monk (dps/tank dual talent)

(alt character for gathering. may be rarely used for as a tank if main tank is not available)

Professions: Mining / Skinning

For my alt character Pandaren monk:

Mining will provide toughness for tank build

And Skinning will provide bonus crit for dps build

Also leatherworker can make not so bad armor for both of my characters.

What do you think. Will it work?

Edited by stonegolem

As Foxyareku said, have leatherworking AND skinning on your hunter while you level, and then get rid of skinning and replace for engineering when you are maxed out.

The reason I say this is that your other alt isn't holding your profession progression back if you focus on the hunter.

Also skinning would be pretty poor for a monk tank and about as good for a monk dps as it would eb for a hunter dps ...

With all this in mind, it will also allow you to do blacksmithing on your monk which may sound daft but will be good for both tanking and dps, and even healing if you change you mind.

You worry too much over nothing.

First of all, this is a game, and you can roll with anything you want or like.

Secondly, like others said, skinning is required for new character to level leatherworking, I went that way when I was starting back in cata, and I feel fine about it.

Thirdly, the profession choice does not affect you that much. For example, this Marksman Maximum DPS Profile at Zeherah's does 192k dps with ideal professions and 189k dps NO professions. So, even at maximum gear levels and with ideally executed rotation difference is around 1.5% of DPS.

It's nice to have them, but they do not and should not define you or your playstyle.

Roll with what you want and stop worrying.

If you're gonna underperfom it will not be because of your gear or profession choices.