FORUMS
Damien

Totem Shaman Standard

10 hours ago, McLovin said:

This you call deck? With this you can not even rank in the 10!

...unless you are Thijs. Then you can reach legend with it. Or maybe it's the other way around - people, including myself, can reach good ranks with it, but you are the one who is unable to do so. 

Also, "You call yourself a player? With yourself you can't even reach rank 10" sounds pretty much the same, but I am pretty sure you won't agree with that, just like I disagree with your statement. Please provide some replays so we can solve this while being, at least remotely, constructive.

I was in rank 4 and took to playing with this deck and went back to the 7th rank only two wins and over 10 lost.

Edited by McLovin

@McLovinStill not constructive, still no replay and still no proof. We appreciate feedback, but it should be constructive, which can be achieved by, for example, telling us what you think are the weaknesses of the deck. Saying that the deck is bad and you lost with it does not help us in any way, and it certainly does not help you.

Ok I am not meaning to come off rude but you don't take a deck you never played and didn't build to Ladder then complain that you lost rank. That's not how that works. I don't always "Net Deck", but when I do, I test it in Casual first. You want to get a feel for it and make the adjustments needed for your comfort and play style before you take it to Ladder. Word of advise, try wording things a little better. Try not to come off like that guy. :) 

Guest FoeHammer

Loyan played a slight variation of this deck quite a bit lately on his Twitch stream and had a lot of success at higher Legend ranks. This is a solid deck once you learn how to play it.

A really fun deck to play, I must find I found this surprisingly tricky in that I had to make a lot of tough decisions on exactly when to use totemic might/saving cards to combo with the wicked witchdoctor.

Spirit Claws seems particularly promising in this deck too.

Do you think this deck has tier 1 potential?

I wouldn't bet on Tier One, but any sort of Midrange Shaman has potential and angle of attack that is relevant against vast majority of opposition, if you brew it right. My personal preference is "stock" Midrange Shaman builds, but I guess if you play Tunnel Trogg, Totem Golem, Lightning Storm, Hex and Thing from Below, the rest of your deck can be pretty much anything.

• Like 1

On 9/1/2016 at 4:11 AM, FanOfValeera said:

Could Draenei Totemcarver be a part of this deck? Maybe instead of one of the Wicked Witchdoctors

Sottle says in the "Card Swap" section than you could Swap a Draenei Totemcarver in in place of Barnes or Maelstrom Portal.  I personally could see there being 1 copy each of Draenei Totemcarver and Wicked Witchdoctor. I would probably go with the latter personally but it would be your call. I don't see where it would hurt. 

Witchdoctor is literally the entire reason you're playing Totemic Might. If you cut one Witchdoctor, that mandates enough changes that you might as well just go back to Midrange Shaman.

I've been having fun with this deck, using Dranai Totemcarver in place of Barnes, and Tunnel Trogs in place of the Argent Squires, among other tweaks.  The hardest part of learning this deck was getting the balance right between attacking minions and going all out face, its a little different here than the usual Shaman decks. 

Wicked Witchdoctor has the potential to build a big board out of next to nothing on turn 4/5. I've surprised a number of opponents with WW + coin + totemic might + primal fusion or similar. 

Edited by Allegro

6 hours ago, Allegro said:

I've been having fun with this deck, using Dranai Totemcarver in place of Barnes, and Tunnel Trogs in place of the Argent Squires, among other tweaks.  The hardest part of learning this deck was getting the balance right between attacking minions and going all out face, its a little different here than the usual Shaman decks. 

Wicked Witchdoctor has the potential to build a big board out of next to nothing on turn 4/5. I've surprised a number of opponents with WW + coin + totemic might + primal fusion or similar. 

With other decks, you have the option to simply sacrifice smaller minions to build your 7/7s and simply dominate them with one large minion. It's strange having to think about protecting every minion you can, especially when you know that you have HUGE burst potential, even with 7 minions that have 0 attack.

It definitely can take some time to get used to, but it's VERY effective.

Guest guest

this looks like a fun deck, but to play it is another matter. it just cant hold its own ground for board presence

1 hour ago, Guest guest said:

this looks like a fun deck, but to play it is another matter. it just cant hold its own ground for board presence

Actually this deck plays differently to midrange shaman, which I feel is the root of your problem, as this deck is able to gain and keep a board. Could you please provide some replays of you playing the deck?

I'm surprised at the complaints above about this deck. As a relatively new player who doesn't have an extensive card collection, I've found this a great cheap deck to hold my own as I try to crawl up the ranks. Of course the OP decks crush me, but that would still be the case if I had a few thousand more dust. Plus there are fun combos with this deck that go beyond play a the b then c, as is the way with many of the popular decks.

Thanks to the contributors to this site for helping me enjoy Hearthstone beyond my early, clueless fumblings! 

11 minutes ago, Refusenik said:

I'm surprised at the complaints above about this deck. As a relatively new player who doesn't have an extensive card collection, I've found this a great cheap deck to hold my own as I try to crawl up the ranks. Of course the OP decks crush me, but that would still be the case if I had a few thousand more dust. Plus there are fun combos with this deck that go beyond play a the b then c, as is the way with many of the popular decks.

Thanks to the contributors to this site for helping me enjoy Hearthstone beyond my early, clueless fumblings! 

Glad to hear that it is working for you! Thanks for posting to let us know that it is actually winning for someone! :D

• Like 1

Reminded me of the old totem bloodlust shaman I played when I just started HS. 
Took me a while to figure this deck out tho in current meta. Lost a lot of matches in the beginning but I struggled trough.

It is a good deck that can take opposing players by surprise if they ignore your totems in the first few turns. It is a good deck for beginners, just like the pre Kara version was. It teaches you board control, make value trades, where and when to trade or go SMOrc. It can be daunting at first. But since most shaman players play Aggro or control-midrange, opponents wont see what is coming until you set your win condition up!

Next to all of that, it is an extremely fun deck to play. But you need to learn to play it. And with the pure basic skills you pick up playing this deck, you will play other decks better because of it. 

Whats not to like???

13 hours ago, Aexra said:

Reminded me of the old totem bloodlust shaman I played when I just started HS. 

Exactly the same for me.

The deck can be super strong and honestly just spiral out of control before the enemy knows what is happening. A board of 0 attack minions has never been so threatening.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Guest Deeplee said:

Literally the first time I had fun with a Shaman deck!

Glad to hear it. Thanks for trying out the deck :)

• Like 1