FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
devillock1

Soloing Instructor Razuvious 25man Help?

Hello, I have been quite bored lately and have wanted to go kick butt in some of the older raids because there are few transmog items that I would love to have, 2 of those happen to be off of the 4 horsemen boss but before I can get to the four horsemen boss I need to get past Instructor Raz first. What Is becoming increasingly annoying is when I went up against him my voidlord got demolished before I could even kill off his 4 guards and then he cut me in half practicaly 2 shot me. Is this the kind of boss that is not supposed to be solo’d by a clothie?

This s my armory link

http://us.battle.net...vilshina/simple

I tried this as my destro spec Posted Image went with my voidwalker to tank- POW he got killed even though I health funneled all I could

Once my voidwalker was killed it was just instructor and me- I got killed in 3 sword swings…

Any advice? I realy want damnation and armaggeddon from 4 horsemen lol, and i being selfish id rather not group with someone whod want it lol

It wasn’t a dps issue it was a staying alive issue- burned through all my embter taps and healthstoned *glyphed* when I needed to, still dead. I cant burn him down because I am the one who gets burned down too easily

Edited by devillock1

I have never tried it, but i would think this might be more of a kite fight since you're aren't MCing.

maybe clear the stable area prior and use the length of that hall way to bounce around. also perhaps use the fact that you can teleport upstairs to buy some time.

edit: also, am i missing something? I'm reading that Armageddon is a two handed sword. you wouldn't be able to use that.

Edited by Gravyspasm

I have never tried it, but i would think this might be more of a kite fight since you're aren't MCing.

maybe clear the stable area prior and use the length of that hall way to bounce around. also perhaps use the fact that you can teleport upstairs to buy some time.

edit: also, am i missing something? I'm reading that Armageddon is a two handed sword. you wouldn't be able to use that.

Fel/Wrathguard glyph. :)

Ooo thank you very much gravy spasm- didn't occur to me to kite. Indeed ive done almost 0 pvp so I haven't had any practice in moving around when someone isn't actively trying to kill me that a soulshatter wont fix. I did just fight in that little circle room- didn't know about porting upstairs

Hi,

I am a destruction warlock and I have solo'ed this many times in my pvp and pve gear it is definitly possible for a clothy. For the instructor just use your voidlord to tank all the adds and the boss and use rof to build embers. Then use fob to kill all the adds quickly. Once the adds are down you can re-summon a new voidlord, don't dismiss the current one, so it will have full hp.

Here is a link to my character for talents and such:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/rexxar/Gargamei/advanced

GL on you xmog drops ^^

I never had issues with this guy as Demo without a pet. Cycle through your defensive cooldowns and healthstones. You shouldn't need a pet to tank anything. Those 4 adds have under 600k life. These can be killed by a Felguard or Chaos Bolt with relative ease. From there, it's just a sustain and burn. He hits a little hard, but nothing that a Mortal Coil, Dark Regeneration + Healthstone, or Sacrificial Pact can't take care of.

FYI: Armageddon x 2 is the best looking set for your Wrathguard possible. I've not yet found a better combination. The skin, color, and texture just screams "spin me in circles very fast."

the advice given above should be very helpful for you, it gets much easier as your gear improves, obviously. i usually try to use the trash mobs to get full embers and then blow him up as fast as possible while using the students to keep embers going. if you continue to have problems remember you can change the difficulty to 10man to make it a lot easier and then run out and switch back to 25 for the horsemen. good luck!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Fouton
      Protection Paladin Soloing:
      The following post is for soloing all sorts of old content, for a variety of things. If you want a specific item that isn't listed, let me know and I can update it! Only difficult content will make the guide, if it isn't hard and you ask for help, I'll reply with a small explanation in a PM.

Note: This guide can sometimes assume basic knowledge of some fights, if you feel I left something out that should be mentioned, let me know!

This guide also assumes you have read the Protection Paladin Guide, and know the basics between self healing, and utilizing your rotation to deal damage. Assume Seal of Light unless told otherwise, and Talents/Glyphs usually will not be of much difference, unless told otherwise.

Also, thanks to Belloc for giving tips on farming Ulduar and Icecrown Citadel 25 man, for the legendaries: Shadowmourne and Val'anyr, Hammer of Ancient Kings, which can be found here.

Table of Contents:

Classic and Burning Crusade:
      The dungeons from Classic WoW and Burning Crusade have become trivial, if you have an questions on soloing these, feel free to message me.

Wrath of the Lich King:
      Obsidian Sanctum: Reins of the Black Drake(10) and Reins of the Twilight Drake(25)
      Eye of Eternity: Reins of the Blue Drake and Reins of the Azure Drake
      Ulduar: Mimiron's Head
      Icecrown Citadel: Invincible's Reins

Cataclysm:
      Throne of the Four Winds: Reins of the Drake of the South Wind
      Firelands: Flametalon of Alysrazor
      Dragon Soul: Experiment 12-B, Reins of the Blazing Drake, Life-Binder's Handmaiden

SOON Mists of Pandaria:
      SOON Mogu'shan Vaults: Reins of the Astral Cloud Serpent
      Throne of Thunder: Spawn of HorridonClutch of Ji-Kun
      Siege of Orgrimmar: Kor'kron Juggernaut

Obsidian Sanctum: Reins of the Black Drake(10) and Reins of the Twilight Drake(25)
      On 10man, This fight is simple. Just burn his face, he should be that easy now.
      On 25man, You'll want to clear the trash on this one, without pulling any of the drakes. The heal from the big dudes will fully heal Sarth, so they can't be alive for this. (Was supposedly hotfixed, but nope). After that, you should be able to just zerg Sarth before he goes immune.

Eye of Eternity: Reins of the Blue Drake and Reins of the Azure Drake. Both drop on 10, at the same % as 25.

Since everything drops on 10, just do 10. The fight is very easy, just nuke maly hard in the beginning, kill all the adds, and finish Maly off in the last phase. Even if you manage to let Maly get through with a lot of health, just rotate the abilities 1-1-2 on her until she dies. You should have absolutely no issue with the fight at all.

Ulduar: Mimiron's Head

This is assuming a 10man clear to Yogg:
      Flame Leviathan: Just gun him down with pyrite on the pull.
      XT: Nuke him, nothing possibly hard about it.
      Kologarn: Make sure youre standing close to his body so you count as the tank, and none of the bad mechanics will affect you, and kill him however you want.
      Auriaya: Just kill her (makes the port to Mimiron show up, so definitely kill her).
      Hodir: Just kill him. Make sure you don't get Deep Frozen by standing where the large AoE circle once was after snow builds onto it, and make sure to move occasionally to dodge the knockback falling ice.
      Mimiron: Just kill him. Make sure his parts die evenly in final phase. Don't stand in the big red rocket marker, or you get 1shot.
      Freya: Just engage her, kill her adds until you can beat her healing buff. Make sure to kill the wave of 3 mobs at the same time.
      Thorim: This fight was nerfed, so soloing it is a matter of just running down the gauntlet and killing everything, tagging Thorim and killing him after you jump down.
      Vezax: Just kill him. You may want Execution sentence, for the single target dps. He doesn't let you regenerate mana, so you can either sit there for a while if you don't beat him fast enough, and let your execution sentence widdle him down every minute, or you'll want to kill vapors and stand in the green residue for mana. Remember to step back out of it before it kills you, and get to new puddles when yours disappears.

Note: You can clear all of this with a friend, and split up after it's all been cleared. If you bring a friend it will be really easy, and you can both attempt to solo Yogg 25 on your own, while being in different lockouts.

Once you've killed these bosses, you'll be swapping the difficulty to 25man.

Yogg 25:
      In phase 1 you will want to step into a bunch of puddles to start (5?), and just kill the adds on Sara as they come in. This part should be very easy, and you'll have no adds left once she hits 1 HP. 1 may spawn, but take it down quick and be ready for the next phase.

Going into Phase Two, a constrictor will grab you almost immediately, so you will want to judgement or holy wrath the constrictor to kill it quickly. After the constrictor, you want to go straight to the Corrupter and kill it fast. You may get a Black Plague cast on you, so cleanse yourself immediately. Once it's dead, you can work on the Crusher tentacle, but it's not too important if it dies. You'll be Constricted 2-3 times while waiting for the portals to open, one of which happens as they spawn, so break free of it and get into the portal room as soon as possible. It's recommended to bubble to get to the portal, in case you have a slow from a corrupter.

Once in the portal room, quickly move mob to mob killing them, while doing your best to avoid facing the floating purple skulls. Since speed is the most important now, you'll want to minimize time spent on the killable adds. The types of adds will depend where you get sent: Wyrmrest has dragons along the outer wall, which need to die. Stormwind has guards along the outer wall, which will need to die. Icecrown will have 3 groups of NPCs that need to die, one far in the middle, and two closer on each side. It's okay to take some ticks from the floating skulls, since speed is more important than your sanity. Clear these as fast as you can, move to the brain and pop every cooldown you have. You want to kill the brain before the DBM timer (recommended addon for this) shows that your time is up. If you're down to 3 seconds, click a portal on the side and try again when the brain room opens up again.

If you didn't make it in time, just try to follow the same pattern as last round and get the corrupters down. They matter the most right now, since the stuns will ruin you later on. The brain room is likely going to open in 2 constrictors this time, so be ready for that. Get back in and finish it off, and be ready for a very difficult final phase. If you managed only 1 brain room, the final phase will be a lot easier for you.

As soon as the brain goes red, click the portal to get out, since Phase 3 has started. First, go straight to the corrupters that are left (new ones will have spawned, so make sure to check) and cleanse off any more Black Plagues you get. Once they're clear, work on the Crushers and work them off, without facing yogg to avoid the sanity losses from Lunatic's Gaze. Once the crushers are gone, it's time to kill Yogg. There's one major mechanic left to pay attention to, which is the Beacon. You'll have a DBM timer for the beacon, and when you see it run out, you'll want to run to the outer edge of the room, and wait until the new timer (Beacon ends) to run out before you head back to beat on yogg. If you don't, he'll get some serious healing and you won't be able to complete the fight. If you have decent gear you can just skip the beacon and nuke yogg.

Icecrown Citadel: Invincible's Reins
      Just like Ulduar, you can clear it on 10man, zone out, and set it to 25, then zone in before setting it to 25 heroic. You can also clear it with a friend and then each of you solo it on your own in separate groups.

Marrowgar: If you have it on heroic, you'll need to kill him before his Bone Storm, or you could get spiked for all of eternity. If that happens, turn it to normal and just kill him.
      Lady Deathwhisper: Make sure to kill Adherents fast if you cant just nuke her to pieces, cuz they'll put an annoying debuff on you that adds 15s to the CD of all your spells.
      Gunship Battle: Just charge up your turret before the fight starts and hit the ship for a high powered shot, which should instantly finish the fight. Make sure not to use the '1' ability when you're over 91 power or you'll probably overheat and lose all your power.
      Saurfang: Just kill him.
      Valithria: You can skip her. Just circle around all the mobs and head to Sindragosa.
      Sindragosa: Easy fight, she can't tomb you, so beat her up.
      Princes: Easy fight, just beat down the empowered one til its over, pop defensive CDs against Keleseth. If you're on heroic, do your best not to move, since the Shadow Prison hurts insanely bad.
      Blood Queen Lana'thel: This fight's timer seems a little hard, but thanks to a tip from Belloc, you can actually bubble when you are about to be bitten, and it will remove that mechanic from the rest of the fight, which makes the enrage timer very easy.
      Festergut: Bubble off the stacks when you get to 9, and you should be able to kill him before you hit 10 and instantly die.
      Rotface: You can do heroic on this so long as you stand still and beat him up.
      Putricide: You may find it beneficial to strafe around him constantly in attempt to avoid malleable goo. Either way you'll kill him quick. Just ignore the oozes.

The Lich King:
      Phase 1: Just burn him and don't pay too much attention to the adds, they'll be dying on their own. Always start moving to avoid the shadow traps the second he casts them, or you'll be flown off the edge. Be sure to be at 90%+ health throughout the fight, or Infest will rampup in damage and kill you. When he hits 70%, youll get a transition phase.

Transitions: Just stay in and beat him up. You'll see little blue orbs fall from the sky and become attackable as 'Ice Sphere's, which if they reach you, you get flown off. You'll want to save judgment for these, and 1shot them as they spawn. Be careful, one usually spawns after the transition is done, so don't think you're out of the clear just yet.

Phase 2: Just beat him up, don't even move from Defile. Make sure you're at full health though, since Infest is still a thing. You'll get another transition at 40% that has a bit more add spawning and orbs to it, so be ready for that.

Phase 3: You can do this in 2 ways, either just try to burn LK and ignore the spirits, or kill the spirits first then burn LK. Both are easy ways of doing it now, since you won't be panicking for health anymore. I'd recommend just burning LK since the spirits will die as the fight goes, but you can try the other way if they're giving you trouble.

Throne of the Four Winds: Reins of the Drake of the South Wind
      Al'Akir has been an easily soloable fight for a long while, but often it's overlooked because of the first boss was very difficult to solo.

Conclave of Winds: Start on Rohash and burn him down quickly, move to Nezir and do the same, then Anshal and finish them off. You'll have to kill them all within a minute (or 2?) of eachother, so you should have plenty of time to do it. If you're having trouble for any reason, you can just go in with a friend, clear it, leave and split up to each take Al Akir later in the week after the zone soft resets. (Sometimes it isn't kind about the save if you dont give it time to reset, so make sure to do that just incase)

Al'Akir: This fight is fairly simple, so you can just zerg him. If you're undergeared, you'll have to do some tornado dodging, make sure Wind Burst doesnt send you off the edge, and try to kill the stormlings that spawn in P2 slowly and spaced out, so that he keeps the debuff they give him for extra damage taken. If you have issues in P3, just try to start at the top, and slowly fly lower and lower as he dies. He should just fall over though, so I doubt this will come into play.

Firelands: Flametalon of AlysrazorSmoldering Egg of Millagazor
      Shannox: Just burn Shannox as fast as possible. If it's on normal and the fight is giving you trouble, take the dogs down first. Try not to stand in Crystal Prison traps or you'll just die.
      Beth'tilac: Kill the spinners the second they show up, and then kill Beth'tilac as fast as you can up top. If you dont kill her fast enough, youll be sent down where you need to go again and again, so try to be as fast as possible.
      Rhyolith: Just burn a foot down and make him spin like a top, then kill him when he changes phases.
      Alysrazor: When you begin, pick up 2 of 3 feathers while you beat alysrazor up, until you've reached the end of the strip, where you'll want to grab your last feather. you need to be quick to keep up with Alysrazor to stay in melee range. If you don't stay in melee range at all times the fight will reset, so make sure you pop Speed of Light for this portion. Once you get up in the air, you want to get every flaming circle you can for the haste buff. You want to hit every single one of them and avoid the smokey clouds. The haste buff you get will cap at 25 stacks and give you a 75% crit buff along with it's capped 200% haste, but keep getting the flaming circles to keep your flight buff. When she starts to dip down you might come out of melee range, so try to stay close. You don't have to kill her in 1 air phase, when you come down just keep running through some of the flaming circles to keep your buff as you hit her, and when she finally lands unload on her. Don't even kill her adds, don't aggro the pyroblasters in the corners at all. Just nuke her and stay alive with seal of insight. She will eventually start up again, and you get a pile of feathers to follow her. Repeat until dead.
      Baleroc: Just burn him as fast as you can. Crystals shouldnt spawn if youre alone.
      Staghelm: Just burn him, don't worry about any mechanics.
      Ragnaros: This fight could be a pain if you're undergeared. Phase 1 is simply just beat him up, you'll get a transition at 70%, where you will need to kill the adds that spawn before they reach the hammer that he places. There will always be adds on both sides of the hammer, so try to be good about taking them down. You'll likely struggle to get them all, but you can just bubble out all the damage they deal, or you can pop some defenses. Phase 2 is also just a beat-him-up, with some mechanics that won't hurt, then you'll get another transition at 40% which is the same as last time. You'll be dropping some fire puddles but they dont matter anymore. Finally you'll enter Phase 3, which should just be more beat him up, with some meteors that cant kill you, and he'll die at 10%.

Dragon Soul: Experiment 12-B, Reins of the Blazing Drake, Life-Binder's Handmaiden

Sadly, you can't attempt to get the Life-Binder's Handmaiden on normal, and doing it on heroic means everything must die on heroic. All mounts can drop on heroic though.

Morchok: This fight is easy on both normal and heroic, just burn him quick. As a note, if you go just right of the path you can skip all the trash to get to him. You may end up body-pulling some on the way though.
      Zon'ozz: Make sure to clear the trash first, since it pulls with him. Once you pull, you can either just let the orb hit the wall and just beat him up slowly over the course of the fight, or you can run back into the ball and try to make it hit him.
      Yor'sahj: This fight is extremely easy, you can even pull it with all the adds still up and AoE it all down with a few CDs. Just nuke as fast as you can!
      Hagara: Just beat her up, and if you get a second phase, try to complete it normally. Don't stand in the water bubble for the ice phase, since that still hits like a truck (unless recently nerfed). If you can't complete a phase, theres a trick you can do by resetting Hagara until her weapons are the colour of the phase you want first (purple lightning is lighting, blue ice is ice). Sometimes she'll glitch out and show one of each, in which case just reset again.
      Ultraxion: This fight should just be a beat-him-up fight, but if you get fading light you'll have to use your extra action button with 1s left on the debuff to avoid automatically dying.
      Gunship: DO NOT KILL THE DRAKES EARLY. If you do, fight will reset, you will be a sad panda. Or even worse, the add might grip you off the boat and you die. Learned that the hard way. Just do the fight like you're supposed to, kill drakes as they fly over the boat to avoid some ship damage, and kill the adds as they fall. Make sure to stand in as many purple swirls as possible to keep the ship alive on heroic.
      Spine: This fight is a pain, but should be very easy. Treat it like you normally would; kill the tentacles, roll, slowly build the add up by running it on dead slimes, killing it at 9 stacks to reveal a tendon, and then killing the tendon. Then, repeat 2 more times. However theres a bit of a challenge to this fight. You ALWAYS are going to be in a roll, so you'll have to strafe left and right to switch sides of Deathwing at all times. It can be challenging, and will require all your focus to complete, but you should be able to handle the fight no problem if youre fully aware of the mechanics and keep strafing along the spine. If you ever get low on health, a Lay on Hands will do good.
      Madness: Just beat the arms up, one by one, and kill the Arm Tentacle when it spawns behind you, once you've done this you can kill Deathwing himself, and get your loot. The fight has one annoying part to it, which is that I get a lot of trouble jumping between platforms, since it'll often send you back the way you came. Ive found that if you jump fairly close to the front of the platform, you'll often be fine. If it sends you back, just try again.

Please let me know if there's any unlisted bosses, mounts, pets, or other things that are difficult to obtain on your own that aren't on this list.