Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Zadina

hearthstone Tavern Brawl: Party Portals!

5 posts in this topic

isJzZjw.jpg

Party up with Medivh in this full with portal spells Tavern Brawl!

The 64th Tavern Brawl is new and it is called Party Portals. Both players play as Medivh (his older, purchasable self not the younger one you have to save in One Night in Karazhan). You will get a premade deck filled with a random selection of portal spells:

The Party Portal! is a spell specific to this Brawl. It can summon one of these four minions:

• Red Riding Hood: 3/2 Taunt. Deathrattle: Enemies can't attack this turn.
  • Romulo: 3/4. At the end of your turn, restore 5 health to your hero.
  • Mime: 3/6 Taunt.
  • Party Elementasl: Three 2/2 Taunts.

KnmJ4m8.jpg

Each side of the board will also have a Mediva, which will reduce the mana cost of your portals by 1. While the Medivas don't count as minions, they do take space in the board. You can therefore have a total of 6 minions.

As you can tell, this Tavern Brawl is pretty much luck based. Since you lack card draw, the game will get slower the longer it lasts. Be smart with how you use your spells, so you don't find yourself topdecking!

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I think everyone knew this portal brawl was coming. The reduction and party portal are pleasant mix-ups though! I find the luck a lot of fun for this, you win some and lose some in just ridiculous situations. Got a Troggzor the Earthinator off my first unstable portal and dropped him turn 4... game over.

Edited by Laragon
1 person likes this

Meh... Way too random to my taste. I don't think I'll return to it. I only won on the seventh or eight try due to my opponent's dogged insistence on boosting and keeping the Fel Reaver he got from a Firelands portal alive and me getting insanely lucky popping out taunt minion after taunt minion and milling him deep into fatigue. Give me that "Your deck is 100% Zerus" or "Yogg Servant Tryouts" brawl instead. 

Seriously, if I ever get another Murloc Tinyfin out of an Unstable Portal, things are going to get bloody...

1 person likes this

Indeed a very slow brawl, eventually you just run out of portals...

Had a very fun one though, first 2 unstable portals both gave 'Lorewalker Cho'!
Needless to say we both never ran out of cards, I managed to get his hand full of coins, which gave me the win, and also concluded this weeks brawl for me :)

7 games, 2 of them lost because I got Millhouse Manastorm from Unstable Portal. This brawl is way too random, skill doesn't really matter. This might actually be the first time I am going to reroll the Everybody! Get in here! quest.