Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Vlad

Shade of Aran

2 posts in this topic

To defeat Heroic Shade of Aman, I went a totally different route by using a Mill Brann-Reno rogue. Of course I still included damage spells like Backstab, Eviscerate, and Sinister Strike, but what ultimately killed him was fatigue!

aEkZEVM.png

Coldlight Oracle FTW

One of the great things about playing as rogue is that I can attack with my hero to trigger the Flame Wreaths on an empty board. He played the 1st one Turn 2 and the 2nd on Turn 3. Totally wasted on his part. ;)

Turn 9 marked the start of the reign of Reno. He began by healing me up from 14. Then on Turn 10, Brann + Shadowcaster = 2x 1-cost Renos added to my hand. I rationed my Renos as much as I thought necessary. Played my 2nd one when I was down only to 22, because I was paranoid about being hit with 2x Fireballs. (Boss was down to 10 health. I was so close, and didn't want to lose to bad luck!) I used the 3rd when Shade of Aran launched a Fireball, Frostbolt, and Arcane Missiles to bring me down to 10. I followed that up with a Vanish. That gave me a "just in case" Reno #4 to hold onto through the final turn.

Thistle Tea actually worked out perfectly in this match. It drew for me Coldlight Oracle, which resulted in 3x Coldlight Oracles. The Vanish on the 2nd to last turn gave me the "4th" Oracle that I needed to bury the boss for good.

Undercity Huckster pulled his weight in this fight too. His deathrattle gave me Rhonin. In turn, Rhonin's deathrattle gave me 3x Arcane Missles...which in turn provided me with a very beefy Edwin VanCleef! Of course, VC only lasted one turn. :( He ate a Pyroblast for me though. :)

Fighting fire with fire isn't the only way to beat Shade of Aran. If you find tricksy methods exciting, give mill a try. :D

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0