FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Drathon

Help a fellow lurker :D

Hello folks,

Long time lurker here and I would like your help with something. I am posting this in order to ask you if you can help me with a research I am doing for MMORPGs for my master thesis. I would like in your spare time, and if you enjoy playing MMORPGs, to complete the following questionnaire:

Link: https://goo.gl/forms/n08H7ZcwFsyCKwnh2

The questions focus on your experiences with you favourite MMORPG. Of course the research is anonymous and you can find more information in the first page of the questionnaire.

Thank you for your time.

Happy gaming \m/

• Like 1

It took some time, but I answered every single question and submitted.

PS The feeling is that some are overlapping, that is - it could have the same effect with maybe 70% of it's content!?

done :D

good survey, liked how not every question was (on a scale from 1-10) gave as good feedback as I could, a couple questions confused me a bit. whats my playstyle? wasn't sure what was being asked. Otherwise good times, helped fill up the last few minutes of my work day XD

• Like 1

On 10/14/2016 at 7:00 PM, demonardvark said:

done :D

good survey, liked how not every question was (on a scale from 1-10) gave as good feedback as I could, a couple questions confused me a bit. whats my playstyle? wasn't sure what was being asked. Otherwise good times, helped fill up the last few minutes of my work day XD

On a scale from 1-10, how much did you like the survey?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Blainie said:

On a scale from 1-10, how much did you like the survey?

well that's the reason that likert scales don't work. you do a work place assessment, "i feel my boss can communicate well' and they put a 6 or a 7. Okay how do i quantify that into a report, what does a  7 mean? Its not a good response or quantitative in anyway, it requires inference and extrapolation. 

• Like 1

On 10/17/2016 at 5:13 PM, demonardvark said:

well that's the reason that likert scales don't work. you do a work place assessment, "i feel my boss can communicate well' and they put a 6 or a 7. Okay how do i quantify that into a report, what does a  7 mean? Its not a good response or quantitative in anyway, it requires inference and extrapolation. 

Well, a 7 is better than a six. But that's only because 7 8 9, so he's now actually 16.

• Like 1

On 10/27/2016 at 2:05 AM, cryoslave said:

research all done done? =( I really wanted to take that dammit!

I think there's another one being done in the general discussion section of WoW. It's not exactly the same, but it is a research survey.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Frostjin
      <Currently Online> US - Illidan - Horde - Is recruiting raiders for all difficulties, and social/casual players of all levels!
      _______________________________________________________________________________________________
      About Us:
      <Currently Online> Founded 2014 by a core group that has been playing World of Warcraft since Vanilla. Currently Online has since evolved to far more than a guild; we are a full scale gaming community with our roots in World of Warcraft. 
      _______________________________________________________________________________________________
      What We Offer: 
      The largest and most active World of Warcraft community in the world, with over 9,000 members across 9 guilds (6 Alliance, 3 Horde), we offer a huge slate of activities to our players, both in WoW and out...
      Raiding: 
      9/9 H ToS Progression 2 Raid Teams - ranging from Casual to Mythic Progression See the teams and their needs on our website: http://currentlyonline.gg/raiding
      PvP:
      1 RBG Teams Countless members always looking for BGs and arenas! Learn more about our PvP offerings on our website: http://currentlyonline.gg/rbgs
      For Socials:
      Always active guild chat - 3 guilds linked with the add-on Greenwall. In-game activities and competitions: XMog Contests, PvP Events, Mythic+ Spams, Achievement Runs, Alt Raids, Yolo BGs, and more! Bi-Weekly In-Game Lottery! New Member Orientations! Come make some new friends! Room for advancement as an officer. Out of WoW:
      Private Gaming Servers such as Minecraft & 7DaysToDie Destiny 2 Clan Steam Group FFXIV Company Rust Clan Always active Discord w/ thousands of users Drinking Nights Monthly Giveaways _______________________________________________________________________________________________
      To Join:
      If you find yourself on Illidan Horde, simply "/who Currently Online" and ask for an invite! If you're not on one of our realms yet, let us know on our website and we'll keep your seat warm!
      http://currentlyonline.gg/join 
      Contact Us: 
      You can contact us by Btag, or email as listed below.
      Add one of the following officers to your Btag:
      Coldcrow#1329
      Joberty#7753
      OR
      Email us at:
      [email protected]
      [email protected]
      We hope to see everyone in game!

• By collegechic
      Hello,

I am a college student studying communications. I am currently taking a communications theory class and I need some help! I am writing a case study on WoW using symbolic interactionism to understand realism and relationships inside of WoW. If you could take my short 12 question survey it would be a HUGE help. I am trying to get more players of the game to make my results more diverse. As well I hope to compare the answers from non-players to players. Thank you so much to whoever helps out!! 

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/LKHFPZ5

• By pwn3d
      Hi, I’m a doctoral student studying cultural anthropology at the University of Wisconsin at Milwaukee. My dissertation research is on social interaction between WoW players who have pre-existing relationships with each other (family, friends, etc.). Primary topics of my work are on how people “perform” those relationships in-game, and how players relate to their characters.
        I’m hoping that you will give me a hand with my work by filling out a short (5-10 minute), anonymous online survey:   https://milwaukee.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_296XHEQ73Jpyk85   Even if you have only played with people you know through the game, I’d love to hear from you!   Please note: respondents must be over 18 and living in North America (or Hawaii). Apologies to folks outside that region, but the limitation is in place to make comparisons with my interview and observation data, which is taken from Americans (well, and a few Canadians).    Along with the survey, I’m looking for additional people to interview online as well. If you’d be willing to help, please send me an email at:   wowresearch.uwm at gmail dot com     Thanks, Chris   [This post was approved by Damien.]
    • By Psytude
      Hi everyone !

I am a French psychology student in my fifth year of universities studies. I am currently carrying out a little study about behaviors differences between french and english online video game players, and between MMORPG players and other game genre players, in terms of motivation to play and personality.

Psychology researchers have shown that MMORPG players have a specific personality pattern and they are motivated to play in a different way than the players who play to other game genres.

I'm looking for volunteers who wouldn't mind spending ten minutes to answer this survey. You would be greately helpful !

Survey link : https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1IJqCxncX5CIW0Jy1YIMSbfxwc9r1zn1bdI-TUdvJRfg/viewform

For more information, please send a message : [email protected]