FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Cedrin

Sacrifice or supremacy @30% Haste

Been curious as to people's thoughts on using a pet as afflction due to higher haste levels or is sacrifice still giving better numbers. pretty sure at 30% I simmed higher with sacrifice and not taking in account snap shotting etc. anyone seeing better with supremacy ?

The point is not your Haste but the fight itself, Sacrifice only worth it in fights that you can have high malefic grasp uptime or your pet it's pretty much bugged.

Most fights on ToT at Heroic don't allow you Sacrifice your pet, probably Jinrohk and Ji-kun are the only ones.

Maybe with REALLY high ilvl, 535+ you can use sacrice at w/e single target fight without any significant dps loss, but I'm not sure about how Sacrifice scales and what it's the mathematical difference for use or not Sacrifice.

IMO, if the difference is less than 1k and the fight allows it, you can go Sacrifice if u like it.

Edited by JvChequer

Thanks for the reply and information. I haven't even used affliction much in tot but was going to mess around on a few single target fights. Tot fights haven't given me much opportunity to play affliction much anyways.

Sacrifice likes heavier mastery, service likes heavier haste. Single target there is very little distinguishable difference between the two methodologies for any of the warlock specs. Universally this is true.

Haste/service pulls ahead on multi-target fights.

• Like 1

Sacrifice likes heavier mastery, service likes heavier haste. Single target there is very little distinguishable difference between the two methodologies for any of the warlock specs. Universally this is true.

Haste/service pulls ahead on multi-target fights.

This is how you should look at it.. IF you're going strictly haste you should consider supremacy/service above Sacrifice unless there is buggy pet mechanics. Otherwise if you are M>H (which you prob shouldn't be) then you could consider sacrifice a little more.

I pull close to 250-300k on H Jinrohk with Supremacy.. i should consider using Sacrifice on that boss and see if i pull ahead since i'm around 532 ilevel >_>... hmmm interesting.. thing is i'm like 14k haste so i just assumed more Haste better go Supremacy, but with as much MG spam time as i'm getting.. perhaps Sac would be a boost? I'll have to test it out.

Are you really having issues with Heroic Jinrokh that you need to worry about talent optimization? If it's working, don't break it. Just keep killing the boss so you can move on to better bosses. If you're in a DPS competition with someone, I think you're going to see the winning parse with who gets procs in puddles.

Also, keep in mind that your pet gets no dps bonus for the puddles, so you're better off going sacrifice to buff your spells more anyway.

Also, keep in mind that your pet gets no dps bonus for the puddles, so you're better off going sacrifice to buff your spells more anyway.

Quite true. Yes i'm in a competition with someone. Since some crapper lock got my trinket i'll have to prove to every that he still wont touch my dps.. i only pull significantly higher ALWAYS lol..

Quite true. Yes i'm in a competition with someone. Since some crapper lock got my trinket i'll have to prove to every that he still wont touch my dps.. i only pull significantly higher ALWAYS lol..

lol Posted Image

Doing more DPS than others has always cost me the opportunity to get gear. "You're wearing 483 boots? Ya but you did 30k more DPS than the mage with 502's so clearly she needs them."

Thankfully this doesn't happen anymore though hehe. The gear/loot part, not the beating the mage by 30k dps part Posted Image .

• Like 1

I've been getting shafted out of gear because i have a lock that only plays destro, and since at around our gear lvl, destro is still king and i play the other specs and manage to beat her on some of the fights, they give her gear because "she's still a bit under you" Fuckers. When i get my hands on gear that DOESNT have crit/hit, I'm going to crush them all. THEY WILL RUE THE DAY

Just about the worst possible gear distribution design is to give it to someone to bring them up. You should almost always give gear, when handing it out in that method, to your strongest players because they will always find ways to get more out of it.

lol Posted Image

Doing more DPS than others has always cost me the opportunity to get gear. "You're wearing 483 boots? Ya but you did 30k more DPS than the mage with 502's so clearly she needs them."

Thankfully this doesn't happen anymore though hehe. The gear/loot part, not the beating the mage by 30k dps part Posted Image .

No doubt.. that was part of their reasoning. I guess i was pouty enough i got it.. And i did deserve it. They tank sometimes.. dps others.. it's better to get your solid people what's good.

I've been getting shafted out of gear because i have a lock that only plays destro, and since at around our gear lvl, destro is still king and i play the other specs and manage to beat her on some of the fights, they give her gear because "she's still a bit under you" Fuckers. When i get my hands on gear that DOESNT have crit/hit, I'm going to crush them all. THEY WILL RUE THE DAY

-heckles with you-