FORUMS
Damien

Fatigue Control Warrior Standard

Loving the deck so far.. Where it says card swaps 

As a reactive Control deck, you can choose to play tech cards to react to your specific meta such as Harrison Jones,Big Game Hunter, or The Black Knight.

In an extremely heavy Control meta, and only then, Prince Malchezaar can be added to the deck.

What cards do you swap with to make the deck still work..

30 minutes ago, iDjZeBeR said:

Hey.. Nice deck

Where it says card swap at the bottom.. what cards do you swap with to make the deck still work..

You swap them in for other tech cards. In the current build you swap them for Revenges.

• Like 1

Guest thanks.
44 minutes ago, positiv2 said:

You swap them in for other tech cards. In the current build you swap them for Revenges.

Cheers I'm just being a noob.. Sorry about the two comments first time using this site. I feel like an idiot right now. =]

10 minutes ago, Guest thanks. said:

Cheers I'm just being a noob.. Sorry about the two comments first time using this site. I feel like an idiot right now. =]

Glad to help. I fixed the doublepost for you.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Guest thanks. said:

It's no problem, we're here to help! :)

2 minutes ago, Guest farz said:

I dont have ironforge portals atm what can be a replacement for that? thanks!

You have a lot of possibilities, but most of them are tech card. The Black KnightBaron GeddonBig Game HunterHarrison Jones/Acidic Swamp Ooze, or you can play late-game win conditions, such as Ragnaros the Firelord or Ysera. You can also try Alexstrasza. She used to be played in the older versions of fatigue warrior.

Bloodhoof Brave is a fine placeholder option if you are not as rich as @positiv2. It fills the same role portal does, buying you additional time during early/midgame, albeit not as effective as Ironforge Portal itself. I believe the creature is relatively well positioned ATM.

Yes, it doesn't have a lot of synergy with the rest of the deck, but it is the best Taunt minion in the market. It doesn't have to be "incredibly important piece of gameplan" when "nah, it's fine" will do.

• Like 2

You got videos you going from base to legendary with this? Been trying for two days with this deck and I have won one in maybe one out of six matches with it. I love the concept of this deck but something I am doing wrong or it isn't legendary capable.

Edited by Nyro

3 hours ago, Nyro said:

You got videos you going from base to legendary with this? Been trying for two days with this deck and I have won one in maybe one out of six matches with it. I love the concept of this deck but something I am doing wrong or it isn't legendary capable.

From what I've played with this deck I have had pretty good success. You say you won 1 out of 6. What were you facing? This deck is a reactive deck and the key to success with it is knowing when to react. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, KingMe said:

From what I've played with this deck I have had pretty good success. You say you won 1 out of 6. What were you facing? This deck is a reactive deck and the key to success with it is knowing when to react. 

I think I was trying to be too aggressive with my control. Now that I pick and choose a little more conservatively it plays a lot better.

On 9/16/2016 at 4:06 PM, KingMe said:

Nvm, yeah this deck is sub par when facing any of the current aggro decks. I have about 30 matches with it and 7 wins.  It is way overwhelmed against all the common aggro decks in the lower ranks. Aggro Shaman is the worst it eats my lunch 100% of the time no matter how I play this deck.

1 hour ago, Nyro said:

Nvm, yeah this deck is sub par when facing any of the current aggro decks. I have about 30 matches with it and 7 wins.  It is way overwhelmed against all the common aggro decks in the lower ranks. Aggro Shaman is the worst it eats my lunch 100% of the time no matter how I play this deck.

If you want to continue to try, you're welcome to make a thread in the Constructed section showing us some gameplay of a match that you felt you simply couldn't win. I and the other mods would be more than happy to try help. 

If you want to simply move on from the deck, that's also fine!

1 hour ago, Blainie said:

If you want to continue to try, you're welcome to make a thread in the Constructed section showing us some gameplay of a match that you felt you simply couldn't win. I and the other mods would be more than happy to try help. 

If you want to simply move on from the deck, that's also fine!

How do I do that when playing on an Android device?

49 minutes ago, Nyro said:

How do I do that when playing on an Android device?

Ah. I'm not actually sure. Maybe there is an app for it? >.<

If not, I'm not sure how to help without seeing you play the deck.

Actually, Aggro decks should be your lunch. Control Warrior basically rose to prominence on the back of its decent Shaman, and occasionally Warlock matchups. You are also technically favored against Tempo Mage, Dragon Warrior and other random stuff.

If you can't give us replays of your games, try analyzing them on your own. Just go through the game after its done and try to think out where it went south. 

If it comes down to "I wasn't able to beat Tunnel Trogg + Totem Golem", or "Never Lucky BabyRage.situation",  don't get discouraged because it's almost unbeatable anyways. Don't get discouraged is the most important part.

One real piece of advice that I can give if you struggle against Aggro field is to mulligan harder, as ridiculous as it sounds. Just ship everything that doesn't look like Fiery War Axe or Blood To Ichor. Everything. There is a lot of high-pressure openers that snowball harder than many decks can take, and specifically Control Warrior doesn't have much options to interact that early outside of these two brilliant cards. Wild Pyromancer + Commanding Shout shells like Worgen, C'thun and Patron can be softer to their openers because they have powerful clear in the form of namesake cards, but you are wielding a true masterpiece of old and thus have less safety going into your early game.

In the midgame, be mindful of your card draw management, especially Acolyte of Pain usage, because running out of gas is a real thing. A cornerstone problem of Control Warrior since Day 1. 

It may also benefit if you work out a plan on how are you going to beat a certain matchup before the game actually starts, you know, in a bigger picture, strategically. Because any Control is a strategic deck, first and foremost. Have plan, will travel.

12 hours ago, Paracel said:

One real piece of advice that I can give if you struggle against Aggro field is to mulligan harder, as ridiculous as it sounds.

This is actually a fair point. If you're in that situation where you simply feel that you can't win no matter what, making those extreme decisions can start having a positive effect for you. Take the chance that you're facing aggro. 

You have far more chance of beating a control deck with a hand to handle aggro, rather than the other way round. 

15 hours ago, Blainie said:

This is actually a fair point. If you're in that situation where you simply feel that you can't win no matter what, making those extreme decisions can start having a positive effect for you. Take the chance that you're facing aggro. 

You have far more chance of beating a control deck with a hand to handle aggro, rather than the other way round. 

I am just cutting my losses on this deck honestly. I feel it is trash and I have better luck with much cheaper decks. It may work at higher levels but climbing with this thing is painful. There is not near enough removal to match any decent aggro deck no matter what anyone says here. I spent all day testing this with a friend against typical Aggro decks, totem shammies and tempo mage stuff you see at lower ranks and it just is not reliable.Maybe 50% at best, more like 40% W/L ratio with it. I am relatively new to hearthstone but I can't win with it which means something to me. I can use the rogue deck with the basic earned cards and get to 15+ with it but I can't get past 18 with this deck. Kind of ticks me off as I went and spent money to get the cards I needed just to be ultimately disappointed. I Jean for what I spent I could have easily got back into playing magic competitively lol.

Gonna try another deck I guess and cut my losses. Tried the tips and nothing helped.

58 minutes ago, Nyro said:

Gonna try another deck I guess and cut my losses. Tried the tips and nothing helped.

Fair enough. Generally laddering as a VERY heavy control deck is tough. I used to do it and was miserable playing, honestly. I normally aggro to rank 5 and then swap to a mid deck to finish the climb.

14 hours ago, Guest Ansaksie said:

How good is Revenge? I only have the first wing of BRM so are there any good replacements for it?

Revenge is quite good against zoo and other aggro decks, but it is replaceable. You can play Baron GeddonAlexstraszaYsera, or almost any tech card, such as Harrison Jones or Mind Control Tech.

4 hours ago, positiv2 said:

Revenge is quite good against zoo and other aggro decks, but it is replaceable. You can play Baron GeddonAlexstraszaYsera, or almost any tech card, such as Harrison Jones or Mind Control Tech.

I've played this deck a lot on ladder and i have cut 1x Revenge for Baron Geddon and it works like a charm.

As for the second one he has to replace i think he needs to add a 1 damage aoe, instead of heavy late game cards. I would go for 1x Whirlwind. The control decks on ladder are nowhere to be found (except for a murloc paladin last night who made me loose 30 minutes of my life just to see that he didn't have enough damage to beat me), and Elise Starseeker takes care of the late game pretty well.

So concluding, i would go for Baron Geddon and Whirlwind instead of 2x Revenge

11 hours ago, CodeRazor said:

So concluding, i would go for Baron Geddon and Whirlwind instead of 2x Revenge

Seconding this choice. Having that ability to early clear weak minions with a quick WW can make or break a game. Revenge is so glorious because it has the potential to clear in early and late game.