FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Bongbaer

How does hitcombo affect the rotation

Hey there, im new to the ww monk section. Ive already read lot of stuff about the ww monk and rotation but in every guide there is nothing about the hitcombo.

I got the talent energizing elixir so i always generate just 1 chi with my tiger palm. When i understood this right i always have to use a different attack otherwise i will lose my stacks on hitcombo.

But when i just generate 1 chi with tiger palm i am dependent on the blackout kick prog or i need to use energising elixir.

So do i want to get enaugh chi to use my first priority spells in time they come off cd and play it more safe or do i have to use all spells on priority and when i dont have enaugh chi i have to wait for free blackout kick prog or energizing elixier to come off cd? 

Please correckt me if im wrong. Maybe i missed something or you can help me with some usefull tipps and tricks there.

Btw sorry for my bad english, i hope u udnerstand what im trying to say^^ always try my best <3 

The problem with the rotation with/without Hit Combo is the stacking damage. If you look at the rotation WITHOUT Hit Combo, you can sacrifice the damage on 1 tiger palm, it's not really that big of a problem. WITH Hit Combo, you lose your damage stacks. 

If you have absolutely nothing else to use and you're completely stuck for a long period and about to cap on energy, use Tiger Palm.

If you're not about to cap on energy, just wait.

1 hour ago, Bongbaer said:

Hey there, im new to the ww monk section. Ive already read lot of stuff about the ww monk and rotation but in every guide there is nothing about the hitcombo.

I got the talent energizing elixir so i always generate just 1 chi with my tiger palm. When i understood this right i always have to use a different attack otherwise i will lose my stacks on hitcombo.

But when i just generate 1 chi with tiger palm i am dependent on the blackout kick prog or i need to use energising elixir.

So do i want to get enaugh chi to use my first priority spells in time they come off cd and play it more safe or do i have to use all spells on priority and when i dont have enaugh chi i have to wait for free blackout kick prog or energizing elixier to come off cd? 

Please correckt me if im wrong. Maybe i missed something or you can help me with some usefull tipps and tricks there.

Btw sorry for my bad english, i hope u udnerstand what im trying to say^^ always try my best <3 

Currently i failed there, idk why but i thought tigerpalm would jsut generate 1 chi, actually it fives me 2 chi so the only spell it would affect there is fists of fury.

Only questsions there are that when i got 0 chi i will do 1 combo with [Tiger palm -> Blackout kick -> tigerpalm] before i can use fists of fury even when Strike of the windlord , whirling dragon punch and kick of the rising sun are up?

and what does the guide mean with use tigerpalm in 4th prio when energy  is  about to cap. Which % of energie is ment?

Thx for the replies!

If I understand your question correctly, you're wondering how to keep up Hit Combo even though you don't have anything else to cast? To avoid capping Energy, that generally means around 80-90%. The reason there isn't an exact number is because Haste will give you faster Energy generation, so everyone is a little different.

There are a couple situations for Windwalker Monks that aren't really that intuitive.

• When you have no energy, 1 Chi, Chi Wave is on cooldown, and you have just used Blackout Kick. In this situation, most people believe that your only 2 choices are to:
    1. Use Blackout Kick, and reset your Hit Combo; or
    2. Wait for enough Energy to use Tiger Palm
  • When you have enough Energy for Tiger Palm but will waste Chi if you use it, everything is on cooldown, and you have just used Blackout Kick. This is less frequent but still may end up happening, and the only courses of action that people think are available are:
    1. Use Tiger Palm and waste Chi; or
    2. Wait for another skill to come off cd, and probably cap Energy.

There are a couple more options available in both of these scenarios, but they all boil down to the same basic choice: to use a different ability, which will continue your Hit Combo and prevent you from wasting resources.

1. The easiest ability to fill this hole with is Crackling Jade Lightning. It doesn't have any resource cost, and can be used from range if there aren't any enemies in melee range. I would recommend filling with CJL because it is by far the most reliable option.
  2. Another option is to use Flying Serpent Kick. This is a little tougher because it can easily put you out of position, and you need to cancel it before you go flying off into the middle of nowhere, but it's also free. It has the additional benefit of allowing you to re-position  yourself to either attack an add or to move to a safer area of the fight, if you use it properly. Because of how many things can go wrong with this choice, I don't recommend it.
  3. A third option, for the second situation above, is to use Spinning Crane Kick. I don't recommend using this option either, because it wastes 3 Chi, but you should feel welcome to use it against multiple targets

I hope all that helps! Let me know if you have any more questions

The general comsensus of the WW community is to not let Hit Combo drop, ever.  If that means with waiting for energy for TP or using CJL or FSK (be wary of AA swing timers, as CJL does interrupt auto attacks) to fill the gap, do that over using a second Blackout Kick.

ALright that helped a lot but one more question about the priority:

following scenario:

1 got 2 chi and just used tigerpalm

fists of fury and sth eles high priority like strike of windlord or kick of rising sun are up

i will still do blackout kick and tigeraplm or chi wave and tigerpalm to get enauch chi to cast tigerpalm? or will i use strike of windlord and kick of rising sun + whirling dragonpunch first?

ofcourse i should be prepared to dont let this scenario happen and try to get  minimum 3 chi in time fof comes off cd but just is the right choice there to go with blackoutkick+tigerpalm combo there?

16 minutes ago, Bongbaer said:

ALright that helped a lot but one more question about the priority:

following scenario:

1 got 2 chi and just used tigerpalm

fists of fury and sth eles high priority like strike of windlord or kick of rising sun are up

i will still do blackout kick and tigeraplm or chi wave and tigerpalm to get enauch chi to cast tigerpalm? or will i use strike of windlord and kick of rising sun + whirling dragonpunch first?

ofcourse i should be prepared to dont let this scenario happen and try to get  minimum 3 chi in time fof comes off cd but just is the right choice there to go with blackoutkick+tigerpalm combo there?

My answer? Blood Elf racial hahaha

But yes, while you should avoid getting into this situation, I would think that BoK > TP > FoF is the best solution. You'll want to pay attention to SotW though, cause you should be trying to get your SEF to clone your highest damage skills as often as possible.

Tanks again. Well.. i hope i wont annoy you meahwhile but i just skilled my artifakt-talent: traansfer the power

This talent where kick of rising sun and blackout kick stack up the dmg of first of fury till 30% with 10 stacks.

I was asking myself if blackoutkick then climbs up the priority over chi wave. cause these stacks i guess have huge impact on my dmg.

Tanks again for answers :)

No it doesn't change the priority. You'll end up racking up a decent number of stacks anyways, since BoK is one of your most frequently used spells.