FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Soki

Havoc rotation while metamorphed

since chaos strike and blade dance get buffed while in metamorphosis, does it change havoc's priorities? i read in icy vein's havoc guide that there a bunch of things that are higher priority in the rotation. does it change while in metamorphosis?

One thing to keep in mind is while metamorphed you want to keep your dmg as high as possible, minimizing downtime, and keeping momentum up as long as possible while using your abilities, since your priority will be using blade dance and chaos strike, that and you want to make sure you keep bloodlet up 100% of the time. Make sure to time your meta and your eye beam in a way that by the end of your first cast of meta you can use eye beam right after, to of course extend your meta dmg buff. Best bet is to practice a rotation on one of the dummies in the class hall, lemme know if this helped at all!

3 minutes ago, DdayDrasin said:

One thing to keep in mind is while metamorphed you want to keep your dmg as high as possible, minimizing downtime, and keeping momentum up as long as possible while using your abilities, since your priority will be using blade dance and chaos strike, that and you want to make sure you keep bloodlet up 100% of the time. Make sure to time your meta and your eye beam in a way that by the end of your first cast of meta you can use eye beam right after, to of course extend your meta dmg buff. Best bet is to practice a rotation on one of the dummies in the class hall, lemme know if this helped at all!

That isn't totally correct

1) Blade Dance is only used on 2+ targets, although it is empowered during Meta it doesn't change the priority of skills. The only time it is used on pure ST is when you have the First Blood talent and since FB is a crummy talent, you shouldn't be taking it.

2) Eye Beam is only used on ST if there is no AoE that can be done in the next 45+ seconds AND you have Anguish of the Deceiver trait. 

@OP, Tl;Dr - no meta doesn't change the priority. You just do everything faster and try to squeeze as much as you can in.

In all of this spamming, when do you exactly use Throw Glaive? I almost never have a downtime where I can use it (on a dummy, in a raid environment it would be probable)

You make time. You NEED to cast it with momentum, so do it. 

I re-wrote the IV priority list, I hate how the list on the guide says "Do X if you took Y" when Y is a crud talent. If you want to use bad talents and do horrid damage, then why read a guide? Anyways, here is the boiled down list assuming you are specing for max dps.

1. Cast Vengeful Retreat with as long as you are 20 or lower Fury from your cap, or to trigger Momentum.
  2. Cast Fel Rush as long as you are 30 Fury or lower from your cap, or about to hit 2 charges, or to trigger Momentum.
  3. Cast Fury of the Illidari, sync with Momentum.
  4. Cast Throw Glaive, sync with Momentum.
  5. Cast Fel Barrage at 5 charges, try to sync with Momentum.
  6. Cast Annihilation when 30 Fury or less from your cap.
  7. Cast Eye Beam  if you have the Anguish of the Deceiver trait.
  8. Cast Chaos Strike when 30 Fury or less from your cap.
  9. Cast Fel Barrage at 4 charges, try to sync with Momentum.
  10. Cast Demon's Bite to generate Fury.
  11. Cast Fel Rush if out of range of targets to re-engage.
  12. Cast Throw Glaive if out of range of any targets.
  • Like 1

To add to this discussion as well, Throw Glaive doesn't share a GCD with VR, so you could very easily macro them together. TG is very very important with bloodlet. It's always my top 4 damaging abilities (depending on Satyr and Six-Feathered fan procs). Also, I tend to only use EB if during the VR cooldown phase IF there are no adds in the next 45 sec. Because during the VR CD phase you're basically building up fury with Demon's bite anyway, and it doesn't take away from Momentum + Chaos Strikes. You can cheese EB a little too buy casting it AS SOON AS you cast VR. So it will start channeling before you actually hit the ground. 

Edited by BamaMedic