Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

[Destruction] Dimensional Rift

2 posts in this topic

I have a question to the Dimensional Rift.
How does it works behind the scenes?
I know already it doesn't work with Havoc but is it scalable with other effects like Eradication or Intpot?
I think not because the weapon casts it and not the char but am I right?
After theoriecrafting my head is booming and actually I'm confused xD

Basically it sets up a totem/turret/etc that isn't targetable and fires a fixed number of projectiles based on the type of rift (shadow/fire). Since you're not the one generating those projectiles, they don't interact with Havoc. It benefits from any bonuses to your spellpower and damage dynamically like DoT effects do, so having Eradication up on the target while the rifts persist is optimal.

These don't show up on your totem bar (where your demons would show up in Demo), but it would be nice if they did.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By g4m3sh4rk
      OK, so in the section labeled "Opening Sequence" Furty has the priority setup like this:
      4. Opening Sequence
      Use  Potion of Deadly Grace. Pre-cast  Incinerate at 5 seconds on the countdown. Pre-cast a second  Incinerate. Pre-cast  Immolate. I am probably reading this entirely wrong but it looks like he wants me to pre-cast 2 spells, one spell twice. If this is accurate, then I assume the fight starts after the first Incinerate. With that assumption why do I cast a second Incinerate? Why not just move into casting Immolate? Please help me, I am simply trying to figure out how this whole priority rotation BS is suppose to work but it isn't as black and white to me as it seems to appear to everyone else. 
    • By Penarin
      I have a question about stat caps for destruction warlocks. Namely: How on Earth does one find information on what they are? Do the percentage caps change with gear bonuses?
      I remember reading a note somewhere where they recommended hitting mastery cap, then altering gems/enchants/gear to up crit. But there was a comment on that page saying that the mastery cap was removed in 6.2, so one should just put mastery in all bonus sockets, gems and enchants.
      Is this true? If not, what is a good mastery (and for that matter crit) percentage to be at for a destruction 'lock?
      My warlock is currently ilvl 723 with a 100% Mastery rating while in a raid. Should I be trying to head to infinity on Mastery or should I be looking at increasing crit? (And what is the stat cap on crit?)
      The only page I could really find about this was somebody's old Cata page for level 80s. Is there a place I can go that has concise information on how to calculate this stuff? I'd AMR it, but their suggestions for me differ from the Icy Veins guides, and I've heard they're unreliable for destruction warlocks.
      I just have no idea how to figure out what my stat caps are.
    • By Forcenihil
      So I'm having some problems running my Destruction spec, and it's honestly bothering me immensely -- my Affliction DPS is relatively average, at around 60k DPS on Single Target Fights and between 40-50k DPS on Multi Target Fights.  Obviously this damage could become better, and I'm hoping that it will in the near future as my guild progresses, however my question lies with Destruction today. 
      My damage with Destruction is completely and entirely abysmally, inconsistent.  Sometimes, I'll be doing around 55-60k, and then other times I'll be doing around 28k.  I really am unsure as to how I could make my DPS better, as my rotation doesn't seem too horribly poor, and I just can't seem to be consistent where I'm dealing relatively the same amount of damage as my Affliction, and it's frustrating me beyond belief. 
      Here's my Armory, hopefully it's not outdated from me switching gear/specs a ton for Raid:
      Sorry if this isn't formatted correctly, if there are any problems with it, I'll fix it as soon as it's brought to my attention!  Thanks in advance for any advice and/or help that you guys can give me, as I'm wanting to get better at Warlock! 
    • By Tracho
      Hey guys, i have a big trouble with combining the 2pc bonus from T17 with charred remains, i generate more embers than i can spend and i feel overwhelmed. any tips?
    • By Penguin
      Hi everyone, I'll be honest: I need some help with my DPS. I've struggled with the majority of HFC, and don't really know where else to turn.
      For Aff, I'm going GoSac/SB:H
      For Destro, I'm going GoSac/CR
      I am the only lock in the raid, named Penguin
      Here are my most recent logs for Heroic Iron Reaver: (Affliction)
      H Kormok: (Affliction)
      H Hellfire High Council: (Affliction)
      H Kilrogg: (Destro)
      H Gorefiend: (Destro)
      A couple comments for each of the fights:
      Iron Reaver: I was testing out a couple /stopcasting macros which kinda screwed up my Dot uptimes, so I'm not sure how accurate this fight will be in comparison to most pulls. Other than that, plus some buff misalignments/not potting a second time, it was a fairly normal pull.
      Kormok: Now, here is where I'm getting a little lost. Given that I don't have the Fragment of the Dark Star trinket, I'm avoiding going Destro as much as I can. However, even with a 4pc, I'm only in the 16th percent of my bracket. My lowest uptime for my dots was UA at 93%, which could certainly be higher, but I don't feel that would cost me THAT much in performance. I noticed my buff alignment/Haunting Spirits was messy towards the end, but that seems to generally happen regardless of what I try to do. Suggestions?
      Council: Basically the same as Kormok, though i feel I did better. In fact,I had significantly higher uptimes on my dots and was only 19th in my bracket. What gives? 
      Kilrogg: Now, with Destro i've always felt weak, and with an immolate uptime of 58% and only 10 shadowburns, I can more or less understand this number. Yet, I don't really understand how to improve outside of getting these two numbers up (only using shadowburns for sniping adds, of course) so help there would be appreciated. Would improving these two numbers result in the crazy high numbers that even those who don't go in the portal see?
      Gorefiend: Same as Kilogg, though I feel I did significantly better with Shadowburns (Immolate was terrible, and while there are more things to Shadowburn, my use of a mouse over macro was as efficient as I could be). 
      TL;DR- I feel like I'm doing well but I'm not compared to other warlocks, help?