Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Blainie

Artifacts After Legion

3 posts in this topic

So, what do you think is the most probable theory lore-wise? We need something that will allow us to keep the bonuses that Blizzard think balanced the game well, as well as not being a screw up!

The obvious answer is that we simply keep the artifacts and go on with our lives, with new skins being added in future expansions and so on.

If we don't keep them, I think we will drain them of their power. The final fight will be too hard for us as mere mortals, so we essentially drain our weapons of their power and infuse with it. We become much stronger, get a big buff for the final fight and kill the final boss. 

We then give the drained husk of the weapon to our respective class orders to display as a true artifact for ages to come. We then become the beacon of our classes that we supposedly are meant to be. You get a fancy new title with it, such as:

• The Dreadblade for Outlaw Rogues
  • The Ashbringer for Ret Paladins
  • Name, Fist of the Heavens for WW Monks

We then move on to the next expansion, find new weapons and keep the artifact bonuses that the game was made better by, the bad ones are scrapped.

What do you think? 

On 9/6/2016 at 0:34 PM, Blainie said:

We need something that will allow us to keep the bonuses that Blizzard think balanced the game well, as well as not being a screw up!

Well, most probalby blizzard is going to do something completely new for the next expansion. It's not like the old legendary weapons/items got any love in subsequent expansions.

How relevant was your legendary ring, which you spend so much time and effort crafting together with Khadgar, after Legion went live?... Exactly! ;-)

Also the current situation does not scale well into future expansions. Do you add the same amount of new tarits in to the already cramped UI? Do you just add a few powerful ones? Also, the way artefact power and artefact knowledge, work do not ranslate well into future expansions.

If they are going to keep the artefact weapon system, which I would love, it's better to just start from scratch with new ones.

33 minutes ago, Benhoof said:

How relevant was your legendary ring, which you spend so much time and effort crafting together with Khadgar, after Legion went live?... Exactly! ;-)

How relevant was that ring before WoD though?

The majority of these weapons have lore that spans over many expansions, which means they're not quite as easy to throw away as the rings were!

I agree though, I'd love to see us with new artifacts, maybe from Argus or something