FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Lily

Flame Patch stacking

In the guide here it's said that Flame Patch isn't really worth taking atm. But I was curious if the Debuff on the floor is staking. For me it'd make sense and for Dungeon-runs I consider taking it over Living Bomb.

Any ideas about that?

14 hours ago, Lily said:

In the guide here it's said that Flame Patch isn't really worth taking atm. But I was curious if the Debuff on the floor is staking. For me it'd make sense and for Dungeon-runs I consider taking it over Living Bomb.

Any ideas about that?

The last time I used it, yes it did stack. It may have been changed since, but you can easily test it in game. You can put up the flame patches and then check if it appears multiple times in your combat log on a training dummy. This should give you an indicator of whether it does or does not stack.

The guide does say that Flame Patch would work assuming you have sustained cleave in which there is exactly the same priority for the mobs. A good example would be (from WoD) Hans/Franz in Blackrock Foundry. It didn't matter which one you hit, so the priority was exactly the same.

Often with trash in dungeons, there are certain mobs that you want to die faster than others. I assume that is why LB is recommended for AoE, since it does still have a "focus" of damage.

4 hours ago, Blainie said:

You can put up the flame patches and then check if it appears multiple times in your combat log on a training dummy. 

Thanks, totally forgot about that! I will give it a try.

4 hours ago, Blainie said:

The guide does say that Flame Patch would work assuming you have sustained cleave in which there is exactly the same priority for the mobs.

Seems, I overread that. I'll keep it in mind and will stick to LB or Unstable Magic for now.

Thanks!

22 hours ago, Lily said:

Thanks, totally forgot about that! I will give it a try.

Seems, I overread that. I'll keep it in mind and will stick to LB or Unstable Magic for now.

Thanks!

Let me know how it goes and if it does still stack!

No problem :)

I can say that it does stack! And it's nice to play with, if you're running dungeons. But I think I will still stick to LB as long as I don't have the Flamestrike traits on my weapon :)

15 hours ago, Lily said:

I can say that it does stack! And it's nice to play with, if you're running dungeons. But I think I will still stick to LB as long as I don't have the Flamestrike traits on my weapon :)

Awesome! Glad to see that you remembered to let us all know! :D