FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
nicarlitos

Bloody Haste anyone?

Hi Folks,

I've begun leveling a pally and was reading about haste tanking builds.

As I understand it, this means that mastery is traded for haste. This leads to weaker mastery benefits, but being able to apply them more often.

I was wondering how this would apply to blood. More frequent blood shields and higher dps vs stronger blood shields.

At the moment, I feel fairly invincible when I tank and get some truly massive blood shields off...

I'm in a progression raiding team as a backup tank, so I'm not that keen on messing up my reforges and gems just yet so I was just wondering if anyone else has considered this or tried it out.

Cheers,

Nic

I wouldn't say I've been "stacking" haste, but I have been trying to pick up some haste wherever I can for my tanking set. I have a lot of haste/mastery gear, and I'm using a Spark of Zandalari, which is an amazing all around trinket. 1785 haste (which I reforge to get some mastery out of it also), and when it procs 8,920 str also gives you about 9% parry for 20 secs.

I would say for the most part the stats I've traded for haste are dodge and parry. It's still important to keep your mastery up if you can. I'm raid buffed to about 220%, but the difference between 27% parry / 10% dodge -> 22% / 6% are pretty minor. and taking more damage will give you larger DS heals, more vengeance, and more runes if you're trading the avoidance for 10% haste.

This advice should come with a disclaimer though. I raid 10 man and I didn't even remotely have survivability problems before I started gearing for more haste. I took the haste primarily as a dps boost, and it just happened to barely make a noticeable difference in my damage taken. But if you raid 25m then I wouldn't recommend trying it. 25m tanks take considerably more damage than 10m tanks, so even a 5-10% spike in damage could make a difference of life or death.

Edited by Storm

thanks for that....

to be honest, I don't think I'll be experimenting with this for a while now.

I had a go at tanking heroic horridon last week.....that sucker hits hard. I think I might need some more stam for that fight if anything.

Cheers,

Nic