FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Amanitou

Nightmare Egg Shell = pure UH gold?

There's been a lot of talk recently about haste and the beneficial effect it has on the UH rotation and gameplay, and since that's the case, I'd like to ask about the viability of the Nightmare Egg Shell trinket for endgame raiding. Here's the item:

http://www.wowhead.com/item=137312/nightmare-egg-shell&bonus=1826

HOWEVER the one I've got grants not 184 but 324 Haste every second when it procs - almost twice as much (it is warforged, so this might be why, I'm not sure how/if warforging affects such things). It activates A LOT you guys, and when it does, I'm dealing out and popping those festering wounds faster than my eyes can follow ^^. Is this the kind of thing I should hold on to, or will there even better things to be found when the raids open up?

EDIT: for what it's worth, I'm at 17.02% haste atm.

Edited by Amanitou

it's certainly very strong and a good start. As far as end game raiding goes we'll be picking up stronger trinkets in ED but its a great start. The trinket is by no means mandatory but no trinket really will be, they are scaling down the effects compared to what they once were because blizz devs didn't like how powerful the ones in HFC are.

With unholy and haste (frankly all dk specs now) it comes down to having enough where you aren't rune starved. People will post a recommended cap but it will come down to the player themselves really. So, i'm at about 20% haste right now and rarely feel starved for runes. Even further within soul reaper windows I'm beginning to get resource capped. So, there is certainly a point where the value of haste diminishes, so as I've told people, you need "enough". So, for DK's who are short on runes, nightmare egg shell is very strong :) for others who have a decent amount of haste, the value is reduced. 

one of my personal favorite trinkets right now is  

http://www.wowdb.com/items/133642-horn-of-valor

it's just a big raw stat increase but it lasts really long too. pair that guy with a full stacked apocalypse and dark arbiter and your burst window is brutal. my group is melting heroic bosses and downing mythic ones within the time window. The power of that beast is incredible.

that also brings up a point as to your group composition. inevitably in raids you get to the point where burst is favored over everything, same with dungeon bosses etc. so that value of certain things depends on the length of the fight. so for longer more drawn out fights, one stat and one talent set is superior and vice versa. soul reaper and stacking haste is preferred for the longer fights. it's just one of those things that will be different for every player. 

TBH, I didn't really have a rune exhaustion problem to begin with. I just love the faster-paced gameplay and not having to wait so long between spells that comes with the high haste :D But yeah, what you say makes a lot of sense, thanks for the reply.

15 hours ago, Amanitou said:

TBH, I didn't really have a rune exhaustion problem to begin with. I just love the faster-paced gameplay and not having to wait so long between spells that comes with the high haste :D But yeah, what you say makes a lot of sense, thanks for the reply.

It can be tempting to push for that faster gameplay with lots of Haste, but it isn't always the best choice! I always do a similar thing when playing casters, because I hate long cast times.

Of course, too much of a good thing and all that :D I think I'd be quite happy sitting at about 20%. Now if only these damned mythics would stop giving me versatility gear...

i mean honestly if you immediately follow procs for all dk specs as you should, you really don't necessarily run out of runes all that often. even then sometimes I find myself preferring other stats than the recommended ones. like in mop unholy was told to stack mastery, i preferred crit and could do more damage than I was simmed. The issues with sims is they expect perfect rotation all the time, because of this its possible for alternate playstyles to realistically be better (cough necroblight, cough, cough, cough genius inventor). Granted now in legion with the way things are now, for certain classes there is no room for math, some stats are just dominant.

Also, I'm finding most people are getting disappointingly large amounts of versatility in the mythic gear XD. The cruel irony is our survival hunter keeps getting mastery >_< 

1 hour ago, demonardvark said:

i mean honestly if you immediately follow procs for all dk specs as you should, you really don't necessarily run out of runes all that often. even then sometimes I find myself preferring other stats than the recommended ones. like in mop unholy was told to stack mastery, i preferred crit and could do more damage than I was simmed. The issues with sims is they expect perfect rotation all the time, because of this its possible for alternate playstyles to realistically be better (cough necroblight, cough, cough, cough genius inventor). Granted now in legion with the way things are now, for certain classes there is no room for math, some stats are just dominant.

Also, I'm finding most people are getting disappointingly large amounts of versatility in the mythic gear XD. The cruel irony is our survival hunter keeps getting mastery >_< 

ITS A TOUGH LIFE. I'm just rolling in mastery gear for my druid, it's great ;)