Stahll

Opinions on still using hellfire tier?

10 posts in this topic

Hi there, i was wondering. Is the 4 set bonus from hellfire citadel, for hunters, a viable option.

Yes its a massive stat loss and what not... BUUUT!! Instant aimed shots!!

Now i dont know whether this is just bad scaling or what.

I beat my mate, who is a pretty good mage, ilvl 830ish when i level 103.

Ive constantly been out dps'ing other memebers of the group from anything up to double the next guys damage.....

Might i add that aimed shot is one of our most powerful attacks. Atm i can hit 250k crit. Nothing extreme riiight.

BUT because of the 4 set from hellfire, i can spam it......

Just think about it :3

It works because you are 103 and Legion dungeons scale. It will be moot come 110.

You should save it for Timewalker however, as it would make a killing there.

1 person likes this

Making Aimed Shot instant doesn't actually give you a whole lot of damage. 

With base GCD of 1.5 second and base Aimed Shot cast time of 2.0 seconds, you win just half a second of cast time. 

On occasion, you will also be able to shoot an extra Aimed Shot into a Vulnerability buff window, but it's not that big of a benefit. We don't actually cast THAT many Aimed Shots nowadays, considering Marked Shot is a cheaper instant cast that does roughly the same damage and also applies Vulnerable, and there are even Lock and Load procs that also make Aimed Shots instant.

Finally, I'm not even sure the tier bonus will function on level 110.

1 person likes this

Hmm thats something i'll take on board.

And yeah tbh it was probably just poor scaling

Definatly going to test it when i hit max level tonight.

2 hours ago, Stahll said:

Hmm thats something i'll take on board.

And yeah tbh it was probably just poor scaling

Definatly going to test it when i hit max level tonight.

Let us know how it goes! I'm inclined to agree with the others though. It's really not worth it IMO.

2 hours ago, Blainie said:

Let us know how it goes! I'm inclined to agree with the others though. It's really not worth it IMO.

You know you could just simcraft it, right?

45A71xq.jpg

These are sims for my current gear, as opposed to replacing 4 items with T18 mythic pieces.

3 hours ago, Iridar said:

You know you could just simcraft it, right?

Of course, but I didn't have the time to do it myself, unfortunately. Thanks for doing it yourself!

In this case, you don't even need to use simcraft, you just need some logical thinking.  Each piece you replace with a t18 item is going to be at least 100 ilvls higher than the t18 item (given 840 pre-raid Legion gear vs 735 2/2 Mythic t18 gear).  The best you could get away with is using 2 medium budget items (shoulders and gloves) and 2 high-budget items (choose from chest, legs, and head).  On each high budget item, that's 738 Agility and roughly 650 secondary stats lost, and you have 2 of these at best.  For Medium budget items: 553 Agility and roughly 500 Secondary stats lost.  That's compared to Mythic HFC tier pieces, which not many people have (relatively).  The differences are larger when compared to Heroic or Normal pieces.  The loss of stats alone is more than enough to warrant not using the old tier sets.  That's 2576 Agility and and roughly 2300 secondary stats lost, again, at best. 

10 hours ago, Orthios said:

In this case, you don't even need to use simcraft, you just need some logical thinking.  Each piece you replace with a t18 item is going to be at least 100 ilvls higher than the t18 item (given 840 pre-raid Legion gear vs 735 2/2 Mythic t18 gear).  The best you could get away with is using 2 medium budget items (shoulders and gloves) and 2 high-budget items (choose from chest, legs, and head).  On each high budget item, that's 738 Agility and roughly 650 secondary stats lost, and you have 2 of these at best.  For Medium budget items: 553 Agility and roughly 500 Secondary stats lost.  That's compared to Mythic HFC tier pieces, which not many people have (relatively).  The differences are larger when compared to Heroic or Normal pieces.  The loss of stats alone is more than enough to warrant not using the old tier sets.  That's 2576 Agility and and roughly 2300 secondary stats lost, again, at best. 

I imagine it is even worse given that your t18 set bonus is buffing something that is directly impacted by the amount of agility/stats you have. It would probably need to be a set bonus that is independent of your current stats, something along the lines of the old Fury bonus for Warriors (reducing the timer on a major offensive CD). Even then, it would most likely just be nerfed for 110. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Khayman
      Hey guys! Just want to share my experience as survival hunter so far! I used icy veins giude for long time, assuming that versaility is best stat choice for surv, but after some tests i tried to drop versatility to pump mastery. Well as result i'v raised my dps (874 ilvl) from 235k to 307k on boss dummy and 280k-290k in raid (tested on Odyn, and Emerald nightmare). I'm currently running 29% crit, 25% haste, 14% mastery, 1% versatility. Pumping mastery gave me a huuuuge dmg increase cause basically i always have 2-3 moongose bite on. I tried to switch back to versatility gear since i got a lucky trinket drop (885 agi-haste wq trinket), but i had too many dead times w/o focus and it was a great dps lost!
      Of course in some fights i have to switch in BM or MM just to help our healers cause we have too many melee in guild XD, but i'd like to know if there are some hunters currently using  surv spec in hero/mithycs raid or 8+ mithycs dungeons.
      Here is my armory link just in case you wanna give it a check! http://eu.battle.net/wow/it/character/pozzo-delleternita/Khâyman/advanced

• By Damien
      This thread is for comments about our Midrange Beast Hunter Standard Deck.
    • By Ririxia
      ABOUT US
      Procrastination is an ambitious semi-hardcore raiding guild, based on Draenor EU, founded in mid 2015, shortly after the release of Hellfire Citadel, under the name ‘Elite Slackerz’ after a bunch of old raiding buddies decided to transfer servers and start fresh. The guild has been renamed to ‘Procrastination’ in May of 2016.
      Our roster consists of experienced mythic and heroic raiders, some of whom have raided from as early as Wrath, and although we expect silence and focus during pulls, we aim to keep the atmosphere during breaks and outside of raiding relaxed and full of bants and laughter. 
      OUR GOALS
      With Heroic Emerald Nightmare being on farm for months now, we are currently focusing on clearing Trials of Valor  Heroic and forming a mythic raiding team ready to take on the rest of Emerald Nightmare and Trials of Valor. 
      We aim to have a full mythic raiding team ready for Nighthold and storm it upon release. 
      WHAT WE OFFER
      As a guild we offer a serious raiding environment and a relaxed atmosphere full of bants, horrible jokes and laughter during breaks and outside of raiding. We keep our raiding team small and good, under performing members and trials, regardless of their rank and status in the guild, are asked to step aside for a fight, or even the night, so the guild can progress. 
      Additionally, we use a personal loot system so everyone is guaranteed as much loot as RNGesus deems them worthy of. If anyone receives an item they do not need, the raid is asked to roll on it, highest roll wins; Although this is how things are usually done, it is still worth mentioning that the way unneeded personal loot is shared is entirely up to the owner of the loot. 
      The guild leadership, however, strongly encourages that the loot be shared with the raider who would benefit from it the most. 
      Outside of raiding, we are still pushing Mythic+ dungeons on a daily basis, doing occasional alt runs, and we even have a handful of members interested in competitive PvP. 
      If not online, our members can be found on the guild Discord server, often playing other games together.
      WHAT WE ASK OF OUR MEMBERS & TRIALS
      --Attitude--
      As a member of Procrastination you are the representation of the guild, regardless of your position within the guild, therefore you are expected to have a friendly and respectful attitude towards both your guild mates and the people you meet out in the world. Toxicity in any way, shape or form will not be tolerated. 
      Procrastination has its own sense of humor, so future members are expected to have one as well. When it comes to joking around, if you can dish it out, you better be able to take it. 
      --Dedication--
      We are looking for raiders who strive to pull the most out of their class/spec and are constantly looking for new ways to improve themselves, and the guild. All members are expected to be able to not only accept constructive criticism and learn from it but to also not shy away from expressing their opinion or giving constructive criticism to other raiders (including the leadership of the guild). New ideas, suggestions and constructive criticism is always welcome and appreciated, especially during progression runs. 
      --Attendance--
      As we strive to become a Mythic raiding guild, attendance is important. All our raiders and trials are required to attend a minimum of 80% of raid nights - meaning they are not allowed to miss out on more than two raid nights a month if they do not have a good excuse for it and would like to keep their spot on the team.
      Additionally, all raiders and trials are expected to have a stable internet connection and be able to join the Discord server during raid nights. 
      --Communication--
      We are an international guild, and as such, we expect our members to be able to communicate in English both in guild chat and in Discord so that everyone can understand each other. Raiders, of course, are expected to have a working microphone and able to cut out any background noises by switching to push-to-talk if necessary. 
      RAIDING SCHEDULE
      We raid for three hours three nights a week, however during progression raid nights can sometimes be extended by another 30 minutes depending on how we’re doing on a boss. 
      All raid nights are server time and not subject to change.
      Monday 20.30 - 23.30
      Wednesday 20.30 - 23.30
      Saturday 20.30-23.30  
      RECRUITMENT STATUS
      Procrastination is currently recruiting 870+ ranged DPS, however exceptional raiders of any other role will always be considered. 
      THE LIFE OF A TRIAL
      A Trial in Procrastination lasts a maximum of 6 raid nights, trials are expected to attend every raid night and treat every raid night as a progression night - meaning they are expected to bring their own food, flasks, pre-pots, pots and come fully enchanted and gemmed. 
      Again, we use a personal loot system, so as a trial you will not be starved of loot, unless you have really bad RNG and there is no loot to be shared around. 
      CONTACT
      If you are interested in joining us, or simply need more information, you’re welcome to contact Procrastination’s guild leader in game (Betteh), via BattleTag (Ririxia#2172), join our Discord server and poke someone from the leadership until you get the answers you seek, or simply apply through our website :)
    • By Moonfly
      Hello everyone,

SALT, is a guild formed in the start of Legion, and we are recruiting additional members for our main team to build a mythic roster. And also for our more relaxed heroic/social-raid team.

The guild was formed by bringing together friends from different guilds to make a fresh start, with our goal being to provide a fun but progressive raiding environment, with a focus on clearing heroic and mythic content.

We are looking to expand our roster, and have open raid spots for:

Main team:
      Healers Cloth dps (High prio on spriest and warlock) 2 Hunters 1 Holy paladin 1 Resto druid 1 Resto shaman 1 Ret paladin 1 Warrior 1 DK
      Social team:
      All classes
      We have open spots for more classes, check our website for updated info.

Even if we are not currently recruiting your class/spec we are always open to take a look at exceptional players/applications.

Your previous raiding experience is not the be all and end all, however we do ask for individuals who can demonstrate maturity (18+), commitment and a strong understanding of their class and spec.

Website: www.SALT.guildlaunch.com. You can also find us on the EU Twisting Nether forum if you search there.

Progress

Emerald Nightmare:
      7/7 Heroic
      1/7 Mythic
      Trial of Valor:
      3/3 Normal

Raid Days:
      Wednesday - 20:00 to 23:00 server time
      Thursday - 20:00 to 23:00 server time
      Sunday - 20:00 to 23:00 server time

If this is something you'd be interested in, please visit our website for more information. Alternatively, please speak to one of our officers in game: Zherin or Moonfly.

Casual/social players are always welcome

We look forward to hearing from you.
    • By Wingria
      Overload is a progressive raiding guild on EU Darksorrow
      Raid Schedule
      Tuesdays/Thursdays: 19.30 - 22.30
      The guild is formed by ex-hardcore raiders who once strived to obtain realm firsts and top ranks. Since Legion we have gone from being a casual to progressive guild, the change was needed as we found it hard to balance being casual but trying to stick to a strict raiding format. We have now revamped and look at ourselves as a progressive guild with a strict system in place for raiders.
      Upon joining Overload players who are interested on staying on a social basis will be given membership rank. Players looking to apply for a raiding spot will undergo a 2 week trial period where their performance, attitude, readiness and playstyle will be evaluated using Warcraft Logs.
      Every player matters!
      It's about us as a community! We want everyone to be and feel a big part of the guild, no matter what level or guild rank. Our current officer team includes, Phailia (Guild Master & Recruitment) Calamity (Raid Leading/Event Organizer & Strategy) Aggravating (Theory-Crafting/Raider Evaluation & Strategy) and Wingria (Guild Management/Website/Loot Master & Logs). Officer meetings take place every Monday on discord at 20:00. Any idea's suggestions, concerns or issues can be brought up and discussed with an officer to be added to the agenda for these meetings.
      A life outside WoW
      We fully understand that players can’t play WoW 24/7
      (as much as some of us try!)
      The gaming experience should be a arranged arround your every day habbits and commitments. World of Warcraft should help provide relief to players from every day stress and worries; not adding to them. This is why our raid times are tailored to Tuesdays and Thursdays only. What we expect from our Raiders is to attend the raids 15 minutes prior to the time stated, informed, organised, and gear optimised for the encounter. If a player cannot make the raid they are expected to give plenty of notice on the AFK thread on the forum. 
      Interaction among members
      Overload is more than a place for raiding. We are a place to meet friendly players for a awesome hours of gaming. Being friendly and polite towards ALL players is very important to us and an essential part of being an Overloader. We want everyone to be comfortable and enjoy their game time; regardless if you are a raider or social member.
      Do you think you have what it takes to be part of Overload?
      Apply now and we look forward to welcoming you in Legion!
      [Current spots: Melee & Ranged DPS/ Priest or Shammy Healer]