FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
randyrhoads

Few questions

A few questions for the experts as this site has been my go to place for info this expac. You guys are really patient and helpful.

Quick WoW history: Until Mists was holy pally since Molten Core. Switch to lock and was Affliction until 5.2. Now been mainly destro. Raiding and research time for me has been cutback this expac due to RL and job.

Armory link:

http://us.battle.net...dyrhoads/simple

Questions:

• With my ilvl is Affliction or Destro dps higher or so close that playstyle trumps? Does Affliction pull ahead the higher iLvl goes?

• Read a lot that secondary stat weighting is relatively equal. How would you itemize:

• If played mostly Destro with some Affliction
    • If I went back to Affliction with some Destro on high AoE fight?
  • Do trinkets drop in ToT? Got Hydra on my first LFR run months ago and have gotten nothing since (rolling coins on every boss) Posted Image
Thanks

RR

“Wine is fine but whisky’s quicker”

Let me start with saying.. YES they do drop.. i know it's frustrating getting what you want to drop when you want it.. **grumbles damn rng grumbles**

I would start by reading the very well posted threads about stat weights. Look at your gear and try some juggling and see if you can reach certain stat weights that make specs better. If you can get the to a big more haste that would be great. I new trinket i know would really help you in terms of stats and dps.

Affliction does pull ahead in single target dps, but when it comes down to it destro pulls ahead in terms of multitarget bosses. So they kind of even out in those terms a bit. Therefor play more what you want or what your raid needs in terms of your roll as a dps. I prefer to do bats on heroic tort, but they put me on turtles.. therefor it becomes my job to do more dps to 3 targets moving.. and keeping them slowed. With that i decided to do this affliction pulls ahead in need so that's what i used.

I prefer to use affliction stat weights and destro is my off-spec and i do well with that as well.

For itemization for Destro get to your haste cap mentioned in Destro Thread and then mastery all the way. Don't bother with crit as it's garbage.

For itemization for affliction .. get to your haste cap around 9K (not sure of exact number) and then mastery.. if you can go to next haste cap with your gear go ahead and do this. All depends on your gear and what you can juggle around and where. Stay out of crit again and avoid like it's the plague.

Keep in mind for the most part secondary stat weights are minor boosts in dps in most areas

For me i like haste.. nom nom nom haste. I'm doing more and more affliction as i'm seeing dps go up a ton for that single target as well as being able to spam seed of corruption. I will not lie though... DESTRO FnB Spell Spamming capabilities is SO HIGH in dps it's scary.

Edited by obleak
  • Like 2

Hey Rr,

Pretty much everything obleak said.

Going in order:

1. At BiS levels Aff/Demo will be the highest theoretical DPS specs. In reality that works out that way as well. At your ilvl you're still in the twilight zone, but with 2 RPPM trinket and the legendary meta and more gear you'll see aff consistently perform better when played well. Destro still does well on a lot of fights so being specced Destro/Affl is a good route to go.

2. The easiest answer is any itemization that gets rid of crit is going to be fine. H=M>>>C works well for both destro and aff. H>>M>C Works well once you get 2 RPPM trinks and the legendary meta. M>>H>C works well on most of the fights in ToT.

3. Posted Image

Edit/Side Note: 15.54% Hit. Drop some hit mang.

Edited by Cruzan

Cruzan, dropping hit in this tier is the hardest thing to do, as almost every damn drop I have has it on there. reforge out of it where you can, and enjoy landing every spell until you find stuff to replace it, lol

Protip: Use 80Int/160 secondary stats in red sockets instead of the 160 expertise/ 160 secondary that some suggest. Gets really frustrating to balance hit ratings. Also, if you're over hit cap, switch blue sockets to either 160 Haste/120 Stam or 160 Mastery/120 Stam. This will generally only be used if you have too much Hit on your gear.

Protip: Use 80Int/160 secondary stats in red sockets instead of the 160 expertise/ 160 secondary that some suggest. Gets really frustrating to balance hit ratings. Also, if you're over hit cap, switch blue sockets to either 160 Haste/120 Stam or 160 Mastery/120 Stam. This will generally only be used if you have too much Hit on your gear.

This fo shiz. Having 610k HP doesn't get old.

And it's best when others are like 'YOU'RE A NOOB GEMMING STAMINA' and then those people die to things while you're invincible. Then you explain that all of your defensive CDs are based off of your max HP and then instead of admitting they were wrong, they deliver the line I'm SO used to hearing: Warlocks are OP. Numbskulls.

I get trolled hard in LFR. I get tons of spam like "OMG ZAG HELP ME, I DONT KNOW WHAT TO REFORGE!" well, if you know who I am, try reading the material from where you learned who I was? Or my favorite: "My Warlock is 50x better than yours!" I always reply "link your wow-heroes and I'll take a look at how to get better" and it always gets humorous from there. I've been told I get carried by my guild, my gear, and my name. I guess people think if you're 'good' you never manage to pull it off yourself. Oh well.

Lol, wow that's gross.

I wish my name was as OP as yours, then I wouldn't have to press buttons at all. My name would magically make my DPS go up.

• Like 1

Lol, wow that's gross.

I wish my name was as OP as yours, then I wouldn't have to press buttons at all. My name would magically make my DPS go up.

LOL

Destro main spec? Meh.

Affl main spec? Not terrible, get it if you can, but will be okay to override with thunderforged or heroic gear.

Grats on the trinks!

Back with another quick question

What mix of haste and mastery would you shoot for if you are NOT getting spell haste raid buff?

Due to our ten man comp only our hunter can provide it, but he also is only one that provides crit (which he does for melee)

We have warrior and monk tanks. 2 pally, 1 shammy heals. Enhance shammy, assassin rogue, dk, hunter, myself

Thanks

Monk provides 5% Crit....

So make your Hunter provide Spell Haste and your question goes away.

Our monk is brewmaster(tank). Monk crit requires windwalker

I assume the 9778 haste breakpoint assumes you are getting 5% haste buff?

Edited by randyrhoads