FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Dedjim

Restokin... Moonkin form useless?

Since I'm having an easy time healing now on Mythic, I thought I would help out with dps as Balance affinity.

Moonkin form does not give any advantage! Only starsurge is available, but there is no damage buff or anything.

Anyone else notice this? So just stay in caster and spam wrath for dps?

Yes, I came to a similar conclusion after target dummy testing, trying to decide between Guardian/Balance/Feral Affinity. Here was my results at 830 gear level:

Resto w/ Guardian Affinity - Solar Wrath spam + Sunfire/Moonfire upkeep... 90k DPS

Resto - Balance Affinity, Starfire on CD, Moonfire/Sunfire upkeep, SW/LS on Empowerment, else SW spam... 92K DPS

Resto - Feral Affinity, maintaining 5-pt Rip & Shed bleeds, Else Shred/Ferocious Bite... 87k DPS

So I saw basically no DPS change doing Feral & Balance affinity. Its basically just the +5 yard range vs. 15% movement vs. 10% dmg redux. 

Thanks for your input Roscoe - I'm inclined to agree here. Pick your affinity based on the bonuses rather than the DPS, since it really isn't that beneficial.

On 11/09/2016 at 4:40 PM, Roscoe said:

Yes, I came to a similar conclusion after target dummy testing, trying to decide between Guardian/Balance/Feral Affinity. Here was my results at 830 gear level:

Resto - Feral Affinity, maintaining 5-pt Rip & Shed bleeds, Else Shred/Ferocious Bite... 87k DPS

So I saw basically no DPS change doing Feral & Balance affinity. Its basically just the +5 yard range vs. 15% movement vs. 10% dmg redux. 

Erm, no sun/moon and no rake, it looks like you aren't giving kitty a proper chance.  

I do feral affinity like this in dungeons:

Talents: 2 3 2 13 3 1.  Note that Moment of Clarity gives you more kitty energy in kitty affinity.  

1. From range, hot the tank (and maybe that rogue you know stands in stuff) and throw down Efflorescence.

2. Sunfire, moonfire, kitty form, wild charge, rake as you land, shred or swipe to 5 points, rip, run out.

3. Repeat.

Don't forget that Ward can be cast on the tank (or omg that rogue again) without breaking kitty form.  

Yeah, I know it's not THAT much more dps than just doing sun/moon/wrath/wrath/wrath, but it's a heck of a lot more fun and if the tank isn't squishy I have no problem getting 90k-110k on heroic dungeon mobs and boss fights in 840 gear.