FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Pimmeh

Magaera low DPS as a mage, help?

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/ravencrest/Pimmeh/advanced

We've tried RGRGRBR and BRBRGBR.

The fight is going well, sort of, but my DPS is incredibly bad!

I've switched to living bomb and I'm trying to optimize DPS, but I can't seem to hit above 70k on a given attempt.

I'm Frost.

Any fight with movement is basically fucking me over, and I'm not sure why. Any advise from more experienced raiders?

Your gear and talent selections look fine. I saw your guild has a WoL account, but no one uploaded the log for this kill. 70k is pretty low for having over a 500 ilvl, and tells me that either you're not keeping Invoker's Ward up, DoT uptime is not optimal, you're not using your movement/kiting abilities effectively meaning lost uptime, or any of a number of things.

My suggestion is to get used to moving a little whenever you're doing anything that isn't Frostbolt spam. Frost is excellent in terms of mobility as a ranged class, second only to Hunters, and you should take advantage of it. You can even use Blazing Speed in mid-Frostbolt and it will finish the cast while you're sprinting. You can't beat that.

• Like 1

I'm installing world of logs for the next raid and I'm going to practice on dummies for a bit.

The Invocation thing is probably a huge one. On the Magaera fight I didn't have a 100% uptime on it, mostly because it's a progress fight and I'm keeping an eye on other raiders as well, but the next raid should have me relaxing for quite a bit.

I've configured my addons to show clearly when I should cast Evo again, and I'm gonna try switching back to Nether Tempest for most of the fights, seeing as it should give me a better FFB procs.

Blazing speed hasn't helped me out too much seeing as I'm an engineer. Combining that with Blink+nitro boosts there's no real lack of mobility on my part, so I prefer POM for just that extra shot on the run.

No luck on guild so I've just created my own on WOL and will upload the next run I do. Until then, I'm using Living Bomb spec. I have the raid finder versions of :

Cha Ye's Essence of Brilliance (iLvl 510),

Wushoolay's Final Choice(iLvl 510),

Breath of the Hydra 9502),

Unerring Vision of Lei Shen(502).

I also have the Volatile Talisman of the Shadow Pan assault (iLvl 526)

In either NT or LB spec I would have expected Breath of the Hydra to be preferred but AMR is saying the Best in my bags is Wushoolay's and Volitile talisman. I don't fully understand that being the the haste and DoT procs presented with Breath of the Hydra would be any NT or LB spec'd Mages dream. Is it a problem with AMR or is Volatile Talisman at iLvl 526 actually better for a DoT spec'd mage than the LFR versions of Cha Ye's and Breath of the Hydra ?

Please Mageisty, leave this thread to Pimmeh. your questions will be answered in your topic here: https://www.icy-veins.com/forums/topic/2268-frost-mage-usage-of-nether-tempest-vs-frost-bomb/#entry25826