FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Khalonn

Pawn - Warrior stat scaling/weights

Hi Guys,

I am using the WoW addon "Pawn" - if you are familiar with it you should be able to help somewhat.

I saw that on the icy veins guide it has stat "weights" and i wanted to know if they intend to mean the same as what Pawn does to calculate whether an item is an upgrade and how much by.

Icy Veins: 

• Haste: 1.07
  • Strength: 1
  • Critical Strike: 0.94
  • Mastery: 0.82
  • Versatility: 0.79

This does look set up how the scaling works but without any confirmation I wont be jumping to use it on the addon. Any help would be fantastic.

Yes, you can use them, but note that they won't be perfect for your character. These are general weights that will change if compared to your own personal weights from SimCraft. Use with caution!

3 hours ago, Khalonn said:

Thank you for your reply.

No problems! If you have any other questions, feel free to ask and we'll do our best :)

Right from the Arms warrior guide in case you're arms:

These were calculated using the Advanced build, and 840 Pre-Raid gear:

• Mastery: 1.33
  • Strength: 1
  • Versatility: 0.88
  • Haste: 0.81
  • Critical Strike: 0.65

Just to add some info. If you want to get your current stat weights, this changes based on your gear that you have. 

Get SimC and sim your character and check your stat weights from there, then put those into Pawn to see whether the next item you get is an upgrade for you or not.

My weights say Mastery > Haste > Str > Vers > Crit.

Ask Ronin says above, Wordup even puts a disclaimer on every stat weight listing that they basically are VERY general and shouldn't be trusted without simming your own character.

18 hours ago, Thomsen said:

When i sim my own character, i can't find the stat weight anywhere in the result tab. Help please?

Go into the option tab at the top, then select the sub tab "Scaling".

Check Enable Scaling, set scaling based on DPS (just in case) and check the things you wanna scale. As fury I pick Str, Haste, Mastery, Vers, Crit and that's it.

On 2016-09-20 at 0:43 AM, DarkRonin00 said:

Just to add some info. If you want to get your current stat weights, this changes based on your gear that you have. 

Get SimC and sim your character and check your stat weights from there, then put those into Pawn to see whether the next item you get is an upgrade for you or not.

My weights say Mastery > Haste > Str > Vers > Crit.

So does my simulation say to, but is it really correct? If we look at the guide the stat prio says different. Also general tip? Is haste really better than vers?

Using a general stat weight is kinda bad, because your stat weight changes based on many things. For instance, let's say you got Stoneheart legendary ring, and are using the Massacre talent as fury, crit becomes immensely more valuable simply due to the fact that crits from the free execute translates to a free rampage.

My current stat weight has put haste on the bench at 0.92, but you also have to keep in mind how it affects your build. I got a lot of haste, and suddenly the values goes down, but scaling is based on increments, as in, how much much dps do you gain per point within a threshold, it doesn't assume how many points you lose.

For instance, I got a really good neck off EN yesterday, Cursed Beartooth Necklace, 855 warforged, gives lots of haste and mastery, and with my stat weight at the time, it was a huge DPS upgrade, compared to my old vers/crit necklace. But this seems to have put me over a certain softcap because on SimC, my haste went from 1.04 to 0.92 as I said, and crit, vers are on par with mastery. I am basically around 1str>0.99crit>0.98vers>0.94mastery>0.92haste, and I dropped a necklace earlier that had vers/crit on it, and according to my stat weight  it should have been an upgrade, so that doesn't make sense right?

This starts the loop where if I put on the newly acquired Vers/Crit necklace, on paper it says it's DPS increase. I then run a simulation, which will give me another different scaling based on the fact that I just lost nearly 1000 haste and mastery, changing my normalized value, and suddenly, the neck I just equipped is worse than my old neck!

The easy solution is to run a simulation for two such pieces and that will give you the answer, one will always be ahead of the other. The "harder" solution is simply being aware of how simcraft works. I didn't actually test the necklace from earlier because I knew it was just stat weight trickery and changing it would be a downgrade.

tl;dr; When in doubt, compare pieces through simulations, because stat weights eventually become extremely blurry when you are hitting softcaps, because once you reach a certain threshold, the stat weight value gets nuked, but if you solely go by stat weight value, then you'll go uncap yourself, and lose DPS in the end.

Realistically, if you want accurate stat weights, you should sim your character every time you replace a piece of gear, because it will change the weights.

If you have 0 Haste currently, 60% Mastery and 15% Vers, it might be that a bit of Haste will give more DPS than the same amount of Vers. It's all dependent on current stat levels. Your priority might completely change because of it.

19 hours ago, Blainie said:

Realistically, if you want accurate stat weights, you should sim your character every time you replace a piece of gear, because it will change the weights.

If you have 0 Haste currently, 60% Mastery and 15% Vers, it might be that a bit of Haste will give more DPS than the same amount of Vers. It's all dependent on current stat levels. Your priority might completely change because of it.

Hi

i downloaded SimCraft, read guides and simulated my char with scaling and all. What i currently don't understand is: Are the results with actual live servers? I mean all hotfixes currently active are calculated?

I don't know if SimC downloads always the spell definitions every sim or if i have to update it?

TY very much!

On 9/30/2016 at 10:06 AM, Thales said:

I don't know if SimC downloads always the spell definitions every sim or if i have to update it?

You should update your SimC as frequently as you sim, in order to make sure any bugs are dealt with that they have fixed since you last downloaded it.

Yeah mine are way different from what is on this guide. 

Haste=2.26

Mastery= 1.19

Str= 1.00

Vers=.91

Crit= .78

I'm almost hesitant to use these in the Pawn addon. What do you guys think?