FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Infin1tum

Improving my playstyle

Hello community,

this is my first post on these forums and English is not my native language I'd ask you to kindly ignore any mistakes I make writing this.

Since I haven't played my rogue as main for 2 addons, and I usually try to swap my spec depending on the encounter and I'm trying to play all of them regularily. I have been lurking here for quite a while which helped me out quite a lot getting into the (new) specs.

There are a few questions I still have though, and i hope you can help me out on these.

First of all regarding the new sin.

• I read letting your DoTs (Garrotte and Rupture) run out and then renew them after using Exsanguinate is beneficial to my DPS, but i can't seem to find the right timing since I always end up having about 3 or 4 seconds cooldown left on Garrotte. Should rather i not refresh them beforehand and just use the remaining time of the bleeds when applying Exsanguinate?
  • Looking at skada, i see other sins having way more percentage of their damage dealt from Envenom. For me it's usually ranking at 3rd or 4th place in my damage distribution, after Ruptue, Garrote and Deadly poison (in that order). I usually try to not clip my envenom buffs and rather pool my cp and energy. After using my artifact skill, i try to get out as much Envenoms as possible. Is this the right way to go?
  • And least on this: Am i using my cooldowns correctly by going Vendetta first, refeshing my bleeds and then using Exsanguinate and artifact at the same time (since its the same cooldown)? I seemigly can't really burst with it.

Secontly, concerning outlaw

• Should i even bother using Death from Above during the duration of Adrenaline Rush since I easily cap on energy during this time?
  • What's the right time to make use of my artifact? I'm usually trying to combo it with adrenaline rush, but only if im not having the Broadsides buff running since I feel I would waste a LOT of cp's. Other than that, I don't really have a clue when to properly use it.
  • I often end up on 4 cp's during the duration of Broadsides. Should i just go for the 4cp finisher or get the full 6cp by using an additional Pistol Shot, even though it's not procced?

I feel I'm doing quite well on sub, my only concern is the waste of cp's during Shadowblades. It seems unavoidable, especially during Shadow dance since I'm trying to get out my four Shadowstrikes. I feel like it would be a dps loss to skip out on half of these in order to not waste (as much) cp's, am I right?

I'd really like to thank you in advance for your help and I hope my questions aren't too much of a bummer to answer.

Have a great day!

2 hours ago, Infin1tum said:

Hello community,

this is my first post on these forums and English is not my native language I'd ask you to kindly ignore any mistakes I make writing this.

Hello! Don't worry, we'll do our best to help. =D

I read letting your DoTs (Garrotte and Rupture) run out and then renew them after using Exsanguinate is beneficial to my DPS, but i can't seem to find the right timing since I always end up having about 3 or 4 seconds cooldown left on Garrotte. Should rather i not refresh them beforehand and just use the remaining time of the bleeds when applying Exsanguinate?

Usually I try to refresh them together. When that isn't possible, I opt to sacrifice a small loss on Rupture (since Garrote is tied to a timer) to time up with Garrote.

Looking at skada, i see other sins having way more percentage of their damage dealt from Envenom. For me it's usually ranking at 3rd or 4th place in my damage distribution, after Ruptue, Garrote and Deadly poison (in that order). I usually try to not clip my envenom buffs and rather pool my cp and energy. After using my artifact skill, i try to get out as much Envenoms as possible. Is this the right way to go?

Your first priority is to not let your bleeds drop. Else than that, yes - usually you have increased energy regen in Kingsbane period (due to Exsanguinate), so you enjoy of a long continuous Envenom window.

And least on this: Am i using my cooldowns correctly by going Vendetta first, refeshing my bleeds and then using Exsanguinate and artifact at the same time (since its the same cooldown)? I seemigly can't really burst with it.

Yep. Try to use all your energy first, tho (assuming you got the Urge to KillUrge to Kill trait).

Should i even bother using Death from Above during the duration of Adrenaline Rush since I easily cap on energy during this time?

No.

What's the right time to make use of my artifact? I'm usually trying to combo it with adrenaline rush, but only if im not having the Broadsides buff running since I feel I would waste a LOT of cp's. Other than that, I don't really have a clue when to properly use it.

I have it macro'd it up with AR, and try to fish for good buffs for AR beforehand.

I often end up on 4 cp's during the duration of Broadsides. Should i just go for the 4cp finisher or get the full 6cp by using an additional Pistol Shot, even though it's not procced?

Personal opinion, use Pistol Shot.

I'd really like to thank you in advance for your help and I hope my questions aren't too much of a bummer to answer.

Hope I was able to help you.

Have a great day!

You too!

:P

God damnit Lip, I was about to hit "post" then I see a notification saying you replied... RIP my post. I'll just add a bit of extra info 

1. You do always want to refresh your bleeds before using Exsang. Remember that due to the Pandemic effect you can use a 6CP Rupture whenever there's 8.4 seconds or less remaining on the previous one, and Garrote when there's 5.4
  2. Rupture is abut 40% of your damage, and Garrote about 10%. Everything other than that is basically irrelevant, so long as your bleeds are up.
  3. Not much extra to add here. You don't have to actually empty your energy before using it, just don't be conserving it
  4. Correct. It's a bad idea.
  5. I'm not sure if the cooldown on Dreadblades is reduced from the True Bearing buff. If that's the case, they end up unsynchronized very easily and I don't really recommend binding them together. If Dreadblades is reduced, you're in luck, but I still don't recommend binding skills together unless you're really short on binds.
  6. Why would you use PS if it isn't free? SS is still a viable skill. Maybe I misunderstand this one
3 hours ago, Infin1tum said:

I feel I'm doing quite well on sub, my only concern is the waste of cp's during Shadowblades. It seems unavoidable, especially during Shadow dance since I'm trying to get out my four Shadowstrikes. I feel like it would be a dps loss to skip out on half of these in order to not waste (as much) cp's, am I right?

You should still be using Evis when you cap on points. During SB you should be able to get 2 Shadowstrikes off then Evis and do it again.

With 3CP per SS, and 6 max CP, you'll only ever waste a CP when your passive procs and that's fine.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Carrn said:

I'm not sure if the cooldown on Dreadblades is reduced from the True Bearing buff. If that's the case, they end up unsynchronized very easily and I don't really recommend binding them together. If Dreadblades is reduced, you're in luck, but I still don't recommend binding skills together unless you're really short on binds.

I don't think it reduces. Though I think that due to the spammy nature of AR, the 3 min CD becomes quite near the 1.5 min from Dreadblades.

6 minutes ago, Carrn said:

Why would you use PS if it isn't free? SS is still a viable skill. Maybe I misunderstand this one

You have a risk of losing a CP if using SS on 4CP, and the proc happens more often than not. Thing is, the damage difference per energy spent is that big?

29 minutes ago, lipsinch said:

You have a risk of losing a CP if using SS on 4CP, and the proc happens more often than not. Thing is, the damage difference per energy spent is that big?

It's less than the chance of not having energy refunded after only a 4cp finisher. 

You still get the bonus damage from the SS proc, just missing 1CP. I don't think it's a big deal

Wow, quite a discussion that's about to break loose here ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Anyway, thanks a lot for your informative replies!

On a sidenote, from my experience, Dreadblades' cooldown is not reduced by the True bearing buff.

5 hours ago, Carrn said:

Why would you use PS if it isn't free? SS is still a viable skill. Maybe I misunderstand this one

I figured I'd use Pistol shot over Sabre slash since it's lower in energy cost and i don't risk to waste that extra cp. But I'm really not sure. I didn't look at any damage values or anything, it was just logical regarding sustain and efficency to me.

On the sublety part I should have added that I'm currently running with Vigor but regarding your reply, I'm certainly going to switch to Deeper Stratagem since it would easily fix my cp problem.