FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Toxicedge

Havoc Rotation Question

Hi 

I have a question about the havoc momentum build rotation. When I reach over 70 fury should i be wasting all the fury on chaos strike until I can't cast it any more and then continue with the regular rotation or just use 1 or 2 to drop fury then go use other abilities?. Also should I be trying to make sure Chaos Strike is used in momentum windows?

Thanks

16 hours ago, Toxicedge said:

When I reach over 70 fury should i be wasting all the fury on chaos strike until I can't cast it any more and then continue with the regular rotation 

No. If you don't have Momentum up then you only cast Chaos Strike to prevent capping. If you do have Momentum then you want to dump as much power into it as you can, so FotI if no AE coming soon > FB if no AE is coming soon > EB w/ Anguish and no AE coming soon > BD w/ 3+ targets > TG w/ Bloodlet > CS dump.

Basically the thing you never want to be casting during momentum is Demon's Bite/Blades.

On 9/13/2016 at 4:58 AM, Lockybalboa said:

No. If you don't have Momentum up then you only cast Chaos Strike to prevent capping. If you do have Momentum then you want to dump as much power into it as you can, so FotI if no AE coming soon > FB if no AE is coming soon > EB w/ Anguish and no AE coming soon > BD w/ 3+ targets > TG w/ Bloodlet > CS dump.

Basically the thing you never want to be casting during momentum is Demon's Bite/Blades.

So are you going with FB on single target raid fights? There seem to be only 30 sec or so of adds in Emerald Nightmare, otherwise it's dps on one target at a time. So wouldn't Chaos Blades be the go to spell for Emerald Nightmare? (Especially after the FB nerf)

With the FB nerf, I'm not sure. I haven't seen new math but I'm 95% sure that the old FB math was based off of getting procs on one target so...the nerf wouldn't effect the math.

It only takes 2 casts of FB with 2 targets up for FB to out DPS Chaos Blades. So literally any situation other than pure ST, FB wins.

This might have changed with the nerf though, again I'm not sure. I'm going to be toying around with a lot of talents tonight on heroic and we'll know a lot more once a days worth of logs are out.

• Like 1

Just now, Lockybalboa said:

With the FB nerf, I'm not sure. I haven't seen new math but I'm 95% sure that the old FB math was based off of getting procs on one target so...the nerf wouldn't effect the math.

It only takes 2 casts of FB with 2 targets up for FB to out DPS Chaos Blades. So literally any situation other than pure ST, FB wins.

This might have changed with the nerf though, again I'm not sure. I'm going to be toying around with a lot of talents tonight on heroic and we'll know a lot more once a days worth of logs are out.

I can see that, you're right about that change. I don't recall seeings a damage nerf per say... I just don't like using Fel Barrage, as it adds another GCD to an already complicated rotation. CB seem to stack well with pots/Metamorphosis and has a low CD; While looking at the boss encounters (won't actually raid until tonight, and we're doing heroic as well) there seems to be more single target than anything. If there are adds, they either have a ton of health and aren't stacked up (which would give CB an edge) or they're small and AOE down fast without FB. So I'm curious to see how it ends up after tonight. I'll be interested to see what you come up with as well.   

Nerds in DH discord are saying CB for nythendra and ursoc, FB for the rest. That was what I was thinking also so double confirmation seems solid.

Hmm that's good to know, I'll give it a shot. What is the DH discord if you don't mind me asking? Google search didn't return anything. Also, do you only use FB with 5 stacks? Haven't used it enough to know. 

On 9/20/2016 at 9:51 PM, BamaMedic said:

Hmm that's good to know, I'll give it a shot. What is the DH discord if you don't mind me asking? Google search didn't return anything. Also, do you only use FB with 5 stacks? Haven't used it enough to know. 

All of the discord class channels can be found in Orthios' post:

• Like 1