Avidity

[Resto] How much more valuable is ilvl than trait for relics?

7 posts in this topic

Before asking here, I have read (and re-read) the Icy Veins guide to Resto Druids. I'm still a little confused, as it's not terribly detailed about ilvl vs. traits for artifact relics.

I did the world quest for heroic Maw of Souls today, and got the Mythic 840 relic out of it. It's a life relic and for Resto, it provides Armor of the Ancients which, I know, is very, very low on our priority system for artifact traits. I also know that ilvl is "more valuable"... but how much more? Is it about the same as other classes, where it's better to take ilvl if it adds 2+ levels but gives an undesirable/much less useful trait?

For reference, it would add 8 item levels, if I remember correctly from comparing the two. I would give up 1 rank of Knowledge of the Ancients for it, and I'm already having mana issues. I would link my armory but it has not updated since lvl 100, so if more info is needed, please ask. Do I just take the ilvl increase for Resto? Use it for another spec (Boomie) where I gain ilvls and don't lose as much priority in traits? Thanks :)

14 hours ago, Avidity said:

For reference, it would add 8 item levels

Firstly, I'm just going to C&P a portion of the guide here:

When choosing which relics to use, always take the one that grants you the highest item level, regardless of the benefit it offers. When having to choose between relics that grant the same item level, chose based on the following trait enhancement considerations.

Your relic adds 8 item levels, that is huge. Definitely take the ilvl increase.

I think 3 weapon ilvls is about the cut off for trait vs ilvl.  Even then it kinda depends on the trait, usually only one good one is persistence or mana regen.

Thanks for clarifying Krazy! I'm guessing you agree then that in this case, definitely take the item level boost?

Yea, Item level is always better, but the only difference you'll see in traits for healing is the duration and even smaller on the mana regen

Thank you both :) I was fairly sure it was better to take it (especially at that many ilvls), but I've also had ones where it's, say, +1 ilvl, worse trait, and I wasn't sure. That clears it up though, especially having said that the only real difference is duration and very small mana regen.

On 15.9.2016 at 4:02 AM, Avidity said:

Thank you both :)

That's what we're here for! If you have any other questions, just ask!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By stormcaster
      Union is an Alliance guild on Uldum (PVE server) - I will keep this short. We are looking to add two ranged dps to our core mythic team. We would prefer a hunter/shadow priest/boomkin. We are currently 9/10 Heroic in Nighthold after 2 nights of heroic raiding. We were 7/7M in EN and 2/3M in ToV. We raid:

Tuesday - 8-11 EST
      Thursday - 8-11 EST
      Sunday 7-11 EST

We recruit players that have a good attitude, have high dps and are good with mechanics and movement. 

If interested, add me on btag: Stormcaster#1629
    • By Kelp
      Type: Semi-hardcore
      Progression: 7/7 Mythic EN + 2/3 Mythic ToV + 5/10 Heroic NH
      Faction: Horde
      Server: <Lustful> - [Zul’jin]
      Raid Times: Monday, Wednesday, Friday 9pm-12am EST (Server Time)
      Apply here: lustful-guild.com or message me.

<Lustful> is currently recruiting experienced, and perspective raiders in need of an active and progression oriented mythic guild!

We are currently looking for most classes and roles:
      Healer: HIGH DEMAND!
      Range Damage: HIGH DEMAND!
      Melee damage: Medium demand.

Expectations:
      Be on time
      Have Discord for voice communication
      Have installed the required add-ons
      Prepare for raids outside of raid times (repairs, food, flasks, potions etc.)
      Know your class and raid mechanics outside of raid times
      Loot Rules:
      Loot Council
      Add-on List:
      Deadly Boss Mods
      RCLootCouncil
      Casual players are more than welcome to join for assistance in leveling, dungeons, and other content. Something is always going on within <Lustful>! Social oriented players will never be without something to do. Our Discord is available to all guild members.
      Message me for more information:
      Kelp-Zul'jin or Ragnar#11614
    • By Huilen
      The Shroud is searching for fresh blood to our ranks, we raid two days a week from 19:30 to 22:00, we are missing out on healers and ranged dps. We are casual and friendly. Very active to do M+ and other stuff. Currently progress: EN 7/7HC ToV 2/3 HC NH 5/10 Norm.

You are welcome to contact us ingame for a chat, you can /w either: Dhozer, Flycksenpei, Thamysticdh , Samexi, Houdini Maelae or Huilen

We search for ppl with all traits open on their artifact weps, plus Ilvl 870+ and if possible a viable off spec for either, healing, dps or tanking.
      Server transfer maybe required for you to join us

We look forward to talk with you and see you in game 

Best regards
      The Shroud
    • By Violentravi
      Hello,
      Adelante is currently recruiting DPS & Heals, however, all competent players will be considered.  We are a Horde guild on Arthas and our current progression is 8/10N NH 4/7M EN and 3/3H TOV.  As far as classes go we do not have a Moonkin, Mage, Feral Druid, Rogue, or any type of Monk. We only raid two nights a week, Tuesday and Wednesday from 7:00 PM until 11:00 PM Eastern.  Thursday is not considered a raid night, but we will often clear Heroic and Normal on this evening for AP and it is not required. We are pushing progression on Il'gynoth, and look forward to finishing off EN then moving on to Nighthold, we will be intermittently working on Mythic TOV.
      From you, we would expect 100% attendance during your trial period; after that, if you cannot make a raid or will be late it is mandatory to keep the raid leader updated.  In order to continue making good progression while raiding only two nights a week, we expect that you know your class inside-out and will research any bosses you are unfamiliar with prior to raids.
       If you are interested, you can either reply to this thread and link your most recent combat logs for review, make a character on our realm and inbox me, or hit me up on real ID (violentravi#1826).  Alternatively, if you are old school, please apply via our website:  http://www.adelante-guild.com
      Thank you for your consideration
      Xoxo
      Violentnacho & the Guild
    • By Katuesha
      Hello everyone!

I am searching for a WA that shows the icon of the trinket Mote of Sancification and a timer with the cooldown. I am using this trinket lately and I would like to know if it's on cooldown or not during fights.
      I looked online for a lot of them but couldn't find any that were up to date and actually works.