FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Octagon

Incredible Rogue turn two

Hello - I've never posted on here before but I just thought I'd share something fairly amazing that just happened to me when I was playing a game in Wild. I was playing Shaman, and I came up against a Rogue. My first turn, I played Tunnel Trogg. The rogue skipped their first turn, and I put Haunted Creeper out. Then comes the special bit.

The rogue had two backstabs in their hand, so they killed the creeper, triggering its deathrattle, and brought the Trogg's health down to one. Then, they did preparation and fan of knives, clearing the board. Then, the coin, and Edwin Van Cleef, putting a 12/12 token on the board.

Surely this is the best possible turn two for a rogue deck running Van Cleef. And getting rid of a 1/3 and a very sticky early minion into the bargain! What are the odds of having all those cards in your hand on turn two? I'd like to know what they got in the mulligan and whether they threw any cards back. I lost by the way! I had hex to play on the following turn, so I got rid of the 12/12 with ease, but the rogue was able to establish a bit of board presence and kept using their removal tools to beat me back, and I was playing catch up the whole match. They played Yogg Saron towards the end, and it backfired on them quite badly, but I wasn't able to capitalise and lost.

I just wanted to share that anyway! :-)

So like.. is your computer still in one piece? I feel like mine would be out the window as soon as that coin came out.

• Like 1

After reading this I think I'm going to break my new computer when I buy it. You sir are a survivor, I hope you can continue to play the game after such tragic events. 

13 minutes ago, KingMe said:

After reading this I think I'm going to break my new computer when I buy it. You sir are a survivor, I hope you can continue to play the game after such tragic events. 

Just don't put it in front of a window. Bad idea.

On 13 September 2016 at 0:16 AM, Octagon said:

The rogue had two backstabs in their hand, so they killed the creeper, triggering its deathrattle, and brought the Trogg's health down to one. Then, they did preparation and fan of knives, clearing the board. Then, the coin, and Edwin Van Cleef, putting a 12/12 token on the board. Surely this is the best possible turn two for a rogue deck running Van Cleef. What are the odds of having all those cards in your hand on turn two?

I had hex to play on the following turn, so I got rid of the 12/12 with ease.

These two paragraphs pretty much sum up the core idea of fun in Hearthstone.

Back in my days in Magic, we had turn one wins with no counter play. Without actually killing the opponent, just locking him out of the game. Good times. That's how we had fun.

On the side note, a probability of getting this exact 5-card hand is roughly 0.03*0.2*0.33*0.33 = 0.0006534, which is 0.06%. Very roughly. And I have no idea what real event is 0.06% probable.

I guess that's why it's called Miracle Rogue.

@Blainie@KingMe Why are you still playing HateStone if you can't take a mere 0.06% probability, Tilt-Boys? This game is for real men only, for those who can get through absolutely biased and stupid RNG, handle one-dimensional linear metagames and opponents drawing double counters all the time!

Edited by Paracel

9 hours ago, Paracel said:

Why are you still playing HateStone if you can't take a mere 0.06% probability, Tilt-Boys? This game is for real men only, for those who can get through absolutely biased and stupid RNG, handle one-dimensional linear metagames and opponents drawing double counters all the time!

I remember trying to push for Legend for the first time and I was playing through rank 1. Only faced Yogg decks. You can guess what happened.

That's my secret Para. I'm always tilted.

10 hours ago, Paracel said:

Back in my days in Magic, we had turn one wins with no counter play. Without actually killing the opponent, just locking him out of the game. Good times. That's how we had fun.

It only got better: Turn-one-kills are a thing in Legacy (and ofc. Vintage) those days. Games come down to "Do you have a Force of Will and a blue card you can get rid off in your opening hand? No? Nothing personel, kid!"

Edited by Keizoku
  • Like 1

With hex in hand I'd be laughing instead of tilting. He just went all-in on an Edwin turn that gets nullified by a single card.

5 cards + coin of his for 3 cards of mine? I'll take that trade.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, PaasHaaS said:

With hex in hand I'd be laughing instead of tilting. He just went all-in on an Edwin turn that gets nullified by a single card.

5 cards + coin of his for 3 cards of mine? I'll take that trade.

This guy probably spends all day rolling dice and plays an Outlaw Rogue in WoW.

On 9/13/2016 at 6:48 PM, Paracel said:

@Blainie@KingMe Why are you still playing HateStone if you can't take a mere 0.06% probability, Tilt-Boys? This game is for real men only, for those who can get through absolutely biased and stupid RNG, handle one-dimensional linear metagames and opponents drawing double counters all the time!

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or serious by this statement. 

39 minutes ago, Paracel said:

I'd really like to be joking here.

So I take it you're not? Sorry I'm more for yes and no answers opposed to sarcastic answers as the later generates more questions. Don't get me wrong, I'm a very sarcastic person but it's harder to pick up on all forms of Sarcasm when it is in writing. 

You merely adopted the salt. I was born in it, molded by it. I didn't see a topdeck until I was already a man, by then it was nothing to me but 3 turns too late.

Batman for those that don't get it

• Like 2