Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sweetsour

Litemount / "Auto" Water Walking

6 posts in this topic

Hello Shamans!

I figured I'd share this bit of info for those who don't already know about any of this.

I've been using a mount addon for several years now called "LiteMount". It's similar to Blizzard's recently implemented "favorite" system in their mount page. However, this addon also allows you to dictate which mounts you want to use for flying, swimming, and/or running. Going a step further, it also automatically puts you in ghost wolf if you're in a scenario in which you can't mount (indoors, not standing still, etc).

How this addon works when you have it installed and WoW loaded, you just have to type "/litemount macro", then an action button will appear on your cursor that you can place on your action bars.

To achieve "auto" water walking, you just need to make a small tweak to the macro. Type "/macro" to get started. Next, find the macro in question and at the bottom of the macro, type "/cast Water Walking".

What this will do is put water walking on you when you dismount. Ideally, it would be nice to put water walking on you before you mount, but if you use the ghost wolf feature in this addon, this won't be possible as they share GCDs (where mounting doesn't). So the next best thing is casting it on you as you dismount. This way you pretty much almost always have water walking on, and refreshing it on the run is as simple as changing in and out of ghost wolf :)

Enjoy!

Edited by Sweetsour

An interesting add-on. Hopefully it will help someone out there! Thanks for sharing.

Hey Sweetsour just wanted to say thanks for the work on the weakauras and this.  I'm new to Shaman so trying to learn the ropes for Legion - getting stuck into using the weakauras now fingers crossed I can learn to dps this expac ;)

56 minutes ago, Peelyon said:

Hey Sweetsour just wanted to say thanks for the work on the weakauras and this.  I'm new to Shaman so trying to learn the ropes for Legion - getting stuck into using the weakauras now fingers crossed I can learn to dps this expac ;)

Awesome! I'm glad to hear you've been using my auras :)

I'm not sure if you've been following my current work, but I've spent the past month converting my auras into a standalone addon. It's nearing completion and I can't wait to release it :)

How are you liking Shaman so far, btw? Are you going Elemental, or Enhancement?

Elemental right now - fancied a bit of a change from Holy priest (since TBC :P) - look forward to the addon!  I hope you make a thread here when its complete!

Absolutely, I most definitely will :)

I know the desire for change all too well. I've only been a Shaman since MoP. From Vanilla to MoP I was a hunter. I've always enjoy Elemental, and like all the changes they've made to them this xpac.