FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Damien

Patch 5.3 - Hotfixes June 10

Battle.net

//bnetcmsus-a.akamaihd.net/cms/blog_header/TAN8CU94KV8P1290560945223.jpg

Here you'll find a list of hotfixes that address various issues related to the recently released World of Warcraft patch 5.3: Escalation. Hotfixes are updates we make on our end without requiring you to download a new patch. Some of the hotfixes below take effect the moment they were implemented, while others may require your realm to be restarted to go into effect. Please keep in mind that some issues cannot be addressed without a client-side patch update. We will continue to update this list as additional hotfixes are applied.

Patch Information

Classes

• Hunter
    • General
    • Arcane Shot now deals 10% more damage. [Requires a realm restart]
    • Cobra Shot now deals 10% more damage. [Requires a realm restart]
    • Hunter Pets summoned by Stampede now only use auto-attacks against their target. [Requires a realm restart]
    • Steady Shot now deals 10% more damage. [Requires a realm restart]
  • Talents
    • Blink Strikes now has a 10-yard minimum range, and the teleportation effect cannot happen more than once every 20 seconds. [Requires a realm restart]

Quest

• Destroying the Altars: Master Summoner Zarod should once again drop Master Summoner's Staff, allowing players to complete the quest.
  • The Might of Three: Buffs from the four celestials should now continue to work properly for players entering the Big Blossom Excavation area. [Requires a realm restart]

Creatures

• Bleeding Hollow Tormentor no longer summons a Bleeding Hollow Worg.

Raids, Dungeons, and Scenarios

• Throne of Thunder
    • Durumu the Forgotten
    • Elixir of Detect Lesser Invisibility will no longer allow players to see fog beasts while they are invisible.
    • Fixed an issue where Azure Fog may incorrectly trigger Flash Freeze at the end of the Light Spectrum phase.
  • Ji-Kun
    • Fixed an issue where players intercepting food globules were not properly gaining stacks of Slimed, preventing them from obtaining higher stacks of the Primal Nutriment damage buff.
  • Lei Shen
    • Lei Shen will now always drop a Titan Runestone or Secrets of the Empire for players that are on the legendary quest line. [Requires a realm restart]

Brawler's Guild

• Ro-Shambo should now properly display the UI for Rock, Paper, Scissors! if the character was casting a spell at the time.

Bug Fixes

• Rocketway rockets in Azshara should no longer be despawning too quickly after being summoned.
  • Mac
  • Fixed an issue where changing the resolution settings could cause hot corners to not work correctly on Mac OS X 10.8.
  • Fixed an issue where binding a modifier key to a mouse button could cause the modifier key to become stuck.
  • Fixed an issue where certain circumstances could cause the cursor to become smaller than intended on the Retina MacBook Pro.

(source)

Drop rate of Titan Runestones has a special place in hell reserved for it. TIred of seeing people who just came back to wow running around in 608 capes while some of us have killed bosses every single week and aren't done with it. Legendaries should not be tied to RNG.

• Like 4

It would be nice if there was some way for people coming back to the game to catch up a little quicker though, between RNG drop rates in MSV/HOF for the tokens plus the 6 weeks of gathering valor seems pretty extensive when you're having to do that all through LFR which can be pretty taxing ha ha

not saying they should be able to catch right up to current raiders but to at least get through the old content a bit faster and start the ToT grind with the rest of us.

Drop rate of Titan Runestones has a special place in hell reserved for it. TIred of seeing people who just came back to wow running around in 608 capes while some of us have killed bosses every single week and aren't done with it. Legendaries should not be tied to RNG.

I like the Firelands approach to legendaries. You have some RNG with the amount you obtain from each part of the quest, but you obtain it at a constant rate and know if you keep doing it you'll finish without having to hope that it will happen.

It would be nice if there was some way for people coming back to the game to catch up a little quicker though, between RNG drop rates in MSV/HOF for the tokens plus the 6 weeks of gathering valor seems pretty extensive when you're having to do that all through LFR which can be pretty taxing ha ha

not saying they should be able to catch right up to current raiders but to at least get through the old content a bit faster and start the ToT grind with the rest of us.

For legendaries are least (not sure if this is what you're referring to), they did that already where they increased the drop rates for sigils and decreased the Test of Valor quest to 3000 instead of 6000.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Copymark
      Hello everyone!

As mentioned in the title of this thread, I am currently unsure about what spec I should play with my Mage. Especially because patch 5.4 is only 2 weeks away from being released, I need some serious advice on what spec will be dominant in the beginning of 5.4. (I am currently playing Frost, since my equip always lacked some crit)

When 5.2 came out, we Mages were more or less forced to play Frost. But since Fire scales so ridiculously with your gear, it became the dominant spec as people started to farm the raid. Now here comes my question. I had a little WoW-Pause during 5.2 progression and have recently started to do some of the HCs in order to get some gear for 5.4 raiding. I used to play Fire always but in 5.2 until now, my gear lacked the amounts of crit I needed to play Fire successfully. With a gearscore of about 515 I usually ended up with something like 25% crit (unbuffed) which made the Fire rotation feel like playing a slotmachine. As a result, I switched to Frost and was very happy with the outcome. That is until now.

Frost seems to scale rather badly with gear, so I thought that with my new gearscore of 532, it would be a good idea to go back to Fire and have some great results this time. Now, I don't know whether my equip will offer enough crit for me to play Fire effectively, neither do I know if Fire will even be the dominant spec in the beginning of 5.4 (with a 532 itemlevel) or if Frost will be chosen by most mages once again. And since I don't want to go Fire for 2 weeks now and then go back to Frost as soon as the new Patch is released, I seek your mighty advice.

So I started this thread to get some help from you guys.

Here's my armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/eredar/Copymark/advanced

I hope to hear from you soon and I am excited to see what you guys think of my situation
    • By Damien
      Blizzard Official WoW Blog
      Now that the patch is on the horizon, we’ve narrowed down some of the key things you might want to know before the big day. If you want to find out more about everything that’s coming, you can check out the latest Public Test Realm patch notes, or even download and play on the PTR itself.
      Be Prepared
      Hold on to some of those currencies you’ve been earning over the course of patch 5.2. The gear-upgrading Void Binders are returning in patch 5.3, but it will be cheaper to upgrade items using Valor and Justice Points. Upgradeable PvP items from Season 12 will be eligible for upgrade once again at their original costs. In addition, Heirloom items will be cheaper to upgrade, whether you’re using Justice Points, Honor Points, or Darkmoon Faire tickets. We’re also speeding up the leveling process from 85 to 90. Here are the details:

The experience required to level from 85 to 90 will be reduced by 33%. Time to dust off those alts!
      The Void Binders are coming back!
      Items upgraded with Valor will now cost 250 Valor Points to upgrade per 4 Item Levels, for a total of 500 Valor for 8 Item Levels per item. This applies retroactively to all items that can be upgraded using Valor.
      Items upgraded with Justice will now cost 750 Justice Points to upgrade for 8 Item Levels. They can only be upgraded once, for a total of 750 Justice and 8 Item Levels per item. This applies retroactively to all items that can be upgraded using Justice.
      Malevolent Gladiator’s Conquest (Season 12) items that have upgrades available will still be upgradable at their original Conquest Point costs (750 Conquest Points per 4 Item Levels, with two upgrades possible).
      Dreadful Gladiator’s Honor (Season 12) items that have upgrades available will still be upgradable at their original costs (one upgrade at a cost of 750 Honor Points for 8 Item Levels).
      No other PvP items will be able to be upgraded.

The amount of Justice, Honor, and Darkmoon Faire tickets needed to upgrade Heirloom items will be reduced by 60%.

Item Level Requirements
      Are you ready to face the Raid Finder, Heroic dungeons, and new Heroic Scenarios? Make sure that you’re geared up to dive right in:
      Heroic Scenarios require an average Item Level of 480; unlike normal Scenarios, you’ll need a pre-made party to enter. An average Item Level of 440 is required for Heroic dungeons. An average Item Level of 460 is required for the Raid Finder version of Mogu’shan Vaults. An average item level of 470 is required for Raid Finder versions of Heart of Fear and Terrace of Endless Spring. An average Item Level of 480 is required for the Raid Finder version of Throne of Thunder. Lesser Charms of Good Fortune
      We’re adding more ways to acquire Lesser Charms of Good Fortune in patch 5.3. In addition to the changes that took effect in patch 5.2, which reduced the number of Lesser Charms of Good Fortune required to purchase three Mogu Runes of Fate from 90 to 50 and allowed players to earn Lesser Charms from Pet Battles, these new sources of Lesser Charms will be available in patch 5.3:
      Outdoor world creatures level 90 and above now have a chance to drop Lesser Charms of Good Fortune. Rare spawns in Pandaria (except Zandalari Warscouts and Zandalari Warbringers) and bosses encountered as part of the Battlefield: Barrens quest event in Kalimdor will drop Lesser Charms of Good Fortune. PvP Season Update
      PvP Season 13 is still in full swing. We discussed many of the changes coming to PvP gear in our PvP Gear in 5.2 and Preparing for PvP in Patch 5.3 blogs, and the changes below are explained in greater detail there. As a reminder, the 7,250 Conquest Point requirement to purchase non-elite Conquest Point weapons is being removed with patch 5.3.
      A number of significant changes are coming to PvP and PvP gear:
      All characters now have a base Resilience of 65%. Battle Fatigue now reduces the effectiveness of healing and absorb spells and abilities by 45% (was 30%). PvP Power bonus to healing is now based on class and specialization. Healing specializations receive a 100% bonus to healing from PvP Power. Damage specializations for Druids, Monks, Paladins, Priests, and Shaman receive a 70% bonus to healing from PvP Power. All other specializations and classes (including tanking) receive a 40% bonus to healing from PvP Power. Patching Smoothly
      It’s easy to make sure that you’re ready to play when the realms become available on patch day. If you haven’t played in a while, one of the simplest things you can do is open the World of Warcraft launcher and allow the updater to download the latest available game files. If you use user interface add-ons, make sure you have the latest versions and that they’re updated and ready to go for the new patch. This is also a good time to update your video card’s drivers.
      If you experience any patching issues, there’s a technical support forum thread all about patching that could help. You can also follow @BlizzardCS on Twitter for the latest support-related news.
      Getting Additional Account Help
      If you’re having an issue with your account, a number of resources are available to you. If other players are experiencing a similar issue, they may have already posted about it on the Customer Support forum located here, so that can sometimes be a good first stop. If you need more information or direct assistance, the Battle.net Support site will allow you to search through available solutions, submit a support ticket, or contact customer support directly.
      A compilation of resources and information can also be found on the Customer Support forum, including information on in-game support, reporting bugs and cheats, submitting suggestions, reporting forum violations, and sharing forum feedback.
      Good luck, and we’ll see you in Azeroth!
      (source)
      Blizzard published a short guide to help you prepare for Patch 5.3. Make sure to read it, if you have not been following up on recent PTR changes.
    • By Damien
      Battle.net
      //bnetcmsus-a.akamaihd.net/cms/blog_header/TAN8CU94KV8P1290560945223.jpg Here you'll find a list of hotfixes that address various issues related to the recently released World of Warcraft patch 5.3: Escalation. Hotfixes are updates we make on our end without requiring you to download a new patch. Some of the hotfixes below take effect the moment they were implemented, while others may require your realm to be restarted to go into effect. Please keep in mind that some issues cannot be addressed without a client-side patch update. We will continue to update this list as additional hotfixes are applied.
      Patch Information
      5.3 Escalation Round-up 5.3 Patch Notes 5.3 Known Issues Technical Support & Troubleshooting   Classes ShamanTalents Ancestral Guidance should now properly interact with Battle Fatigue. Previously, Battle Fatigue was being incorrectly applied a second time while healing nearby party or raid members. RestorationAncestral Awakening should now properly interact with Battle Fatigue. Previously, Battle Fatigue was being incorrectly applied a second time while healing nearby party or raid members. Quests
      A Scarlet Letter: Lilian Voss is no longer attackable for Alliance players. Celestial Blessings: Fixed an issue where Neltharion's Tears could become unkillable for Hunters that use Feign Death. Raids, Dungeons, and Scenarios
      Throne of Thunder Twin Consorts Fixed an issue where Suen was not using her abilities properly if Lu'lin is defeated first.

Creatures
      Spirit of Warlord Teng should now properly give credit towards the It Was Worth Every Ritual Stone achievement when defeated. Isle of Thunder Additional fixes for situations where players using incantations to summon bosses were receiving the error message "You can't do that right now." Brawler's Guild
      Fixed a crash in the client affecting some players that occurred when Ahoo’ru used their Divine Circle ability. Battlefield: Barrens
      Alliance players that are hostile with the Steamwheedle Cartel should no longer be immediately attacked by Ratchet Bruisers when teleporting into Ratchet from Shrine of Seven Stars. (source)
    • By Damien
      Battle.net
      //bnetcmsus-a.akamaihd.net/cms/blog_header/TAN8CU94KV8P1290560945223.jpg Here you'll find a list of hotfixes that address various issues related to the recently released World of Warcraft patch 5.3: Escalation. Hotfixes are updates we make on our end without requiring you to download a new patch. Some of the hotfixes below take effect the moment they were implemented, while others may require your realm to be restarted to go into effect. Please keep in mind that some issues cannot be addressed without a client-side patch update. We will continue to update this list as additional hotfixes are applied.
      Patch Information
      5.3 Escalation Round-up 5.3 Patch Notes 5.3 Known Issues Technical Support & Troubleshooting   Classes
      Paladin Holy Mastery: Illuminated Healing's damage absorption shield should now properly interact with Battle Fatigue on both the initial application and when refreshed. Previously, Battle Fatigue was being incorrectly applied to the damage absorption shield a second time on refresh. Guardian of Ancient Kings (Holy version) should now properly interact with Battle Fatigue. Previously, Battle Fatigue was being incorrectly applied to the ability's subsequent heals.

Quests
      Last Rites: Thassarian should now allow players to speak with them, allowing the quest to be completed. The Darkness Within: Captain Doren should no longer get stuck in evade mode if the player dies when he has less than 3000 health. (source)
    • By Damien
      Battle.net
      Patch Information
      5.3 Escalation Round-up 5.3 Patch Notes 5.3 Known Issues Technical Support & Troubleshooting   Classes
      Mage Talents Fixed an issue where certain situations could cause Mages to not receive the Invoker's Energy buff after successfully completing an Evocation.

Quests
      Battle for Razor Hill: Fixed an issue where players were becoming stuck because the Zulu Rock buff was not being removed when the player dies. Mogu Incursions: Master Snowdrift should no longer be engaging in combat with Shan'ze Invaders, allowing players to turn-in the quest. Raids, Dungeons, and Scenarios
      Throne of Thunder Ra-den Fixed an issue where Protection Warriors are unable to receive bonus loot upon defeating Ra-den.
      [*]Scenarios Blood in the Snow: General chat has been temporarily removed from the scenario to fix an issue affecting General chat in Dun Morogh. A proper fix for this is in the works in an upcoming patch.

Isle of Thunder
      Made additional fixes for an issue where players may be unable summon incantation bosses. (source)