FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Jayros

The Hotfix is live.

The hotfix to the number of soul shards is live now. What does everyone think about it, and how much will this hotfix really effect us ? Lets help yourselves and Blizzard to fix our issues and focus on bigger and better things.

For levelling and WQs, this could be a BIG buff.

For instanced content, I imagine it just changes your opener.

6 hours ago, Jayros said:

The hotfix to the number of soul shards is live now. What does everyone think about it, and how much will this hotfix really effect us ? Lets help yourselves and Blizzard to fix our issues and focus on bigger and better things.

What Hotfix are you talking about?

It makes questing as Demo much smoother in my opinion and the first pull in a dungeon/when hitting a target dummy goes better (unless you have to move still...) As for the rest I am rarely out of combat long enough to regain any and I cap on shards going into bosses so there is no change there. The other specs don't really feel different to me but I never dungeon with Affliction. 

There has been a sim in the lock Discord and the Demo guide over at MMO-Champ that puts the buff at 423 DPS gain (on a nearly 300k parse...) However, that is playing perfectly and the number of targets, type of fight/amount of movement or length of fight is not stated so this number could be very skewed. 

Edited by spikeysquad

It honestly feels great on boss fights as destro, being able to basically open with grimiore, lord of flames and a chaos bolt to increase all the damage makes for a CRAZY strong opening to a fight.  Only real issue with it is that you need to wait for a while outside of combat for it to regen up to 3 shards, so sometimes if you're pulling fast you wont have them.

1 hour ago, Vilacom said:

It honestly feels great on boss fights as destro, being able to basically open with grimiore, lord of flames and a chaos bolt to increase all the damage makes for a CRAZY strong opening to a fight.  Only real issue with it is that you need to wait for a while outside of combat for it to regen up to 3 shards, so sometimes if you're pulling fast you wont have them.

From my experience, when I see tank/group chainpulling trash with ease I suppose they will pull the boss straight ahead. In this scenario I tend to not waste shards on last trash pack and save 5 of them for the boss. Recent fix actually helps with scenarios, when healer needs to top up mana before the pull or when the group is weaker/slacky.

5 hours ago, Arende said:

From my experience, when I see tank/group chainpulling trash with ease I suppose they will pull the boss straight ahead. In this scenario I tend to not waste shards on last trash pack and save 5 of them for the boss. Recent fix actually helps with scenarios, when healer needs to top up mana before the pull or when the group is weaker/slacky.

Yeah I figured that out too as the instance went on lol

On 13.9.2016 at 11:01 PM, mindthegap5 said:

Just been playing tonight (EU) and it wasn't going to 3 yet. May be fine by the morning i just assumed they'd release the notes after changing it not before.

US vs. EU update times is the cause of this.