FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Venoch

Frost DK Runeforging preference changed recently?

I've been playing Frost DK and I'm almost certain that it was usually recommended to have Fallen Crusader on main-hand and Razorice on off-hand, but on looking today it seems to have been reversed - Is this true?  Can anyone tell me why this is recommended now over what was recommended only last week?

I can't explain WHY (not a DK player), but the guides can be updated as frequently as multiple times per day due to changes that might occur at the start of an expansion.

I'm not sure the extent to which this switch will actually affect your DPS though. @demonardvark ideas?

15 minutes ago, Blainie said:

I can't explain WHY (not a DK player), but the guides can be updated as frequently as multiple times per day due to changes that might occur at the start of an expansion.

I'm not sure the extent to which this switch will actually affect your DPS though. @demonardvark ideas?

It's ugly business and I may botch my answer but I'll do my best :)

Previously with dual wielding with some attacks only one weapon would actually hit so you have to prioritize the better enchant on that weapon (at the the time razorice was bantha poodoo so fallen crusader was preferred). Now, with dual wield you hit with both weapon with each ability and razorice is the infinitely better enchant, especially with talents and artifacts weapon (bad to the bone passive). However, auto attacks are often only the main hand, or you'll see the main hand first. So, by putting razorice on main hand you actually generate more stacks from auto attacks than you would with it on offhand. In addition, if using frostscythe you actually will apply the debuff to all enemies hit. Which is awesome. In addition because your abilities hit with both weapons you will still trigger fallen crusader frequently.

So tldr and less choppy reasons:

Razor Ice stronger and has more support from artifact and talents.

More Razor ice stacks 

Ability to aoe apply stacks

Fallen crusader still functional in off hand

Now, what's interesting (and we don't have it on this site because its not necessarily tested). Is some people are actually putting razor ice on both weapons when using shattering strikes. However, there isn't much testing and info on this yet so I wouldn't recommend it, just a fun tid bit